Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

San Diego meet, July 13 (Sat.) @BobBaker Lexus of El Cajun, lunch provided!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02, 11:53 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kaju,

I think we'll be fine as far as rain is concerned. The latest update says 10%, which in San Diego means nothing. If it does rain, it's usually just a little drizzle(for a very short while) and it'll be far inland or in the mountains. These weather guys are usually wrong when it comes to rain anyway!
Old 07-11-02, 04:28 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

According to weather.com there is a 0% chance of precipitation for Saturday. I think we will be OK, maybe a sprinkle. Best thing to do is to check Friday night..forecasts are pretty reliable for 24 hours or less.

-Gunner...you had to go and be the pessimist!! Look what you did.

Hehe
Old 07-11-02, 04:36 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by edfrsd
could I convoy with you guys even if I drive a Camry?

www.TeamSC3.com
I don't think anyone will have a problem with that, at least I don't. It's the same car basicallyas an ES so your welcome to join us. Maybe you will drive away with a 02 ES from Bob Baker on a trade in. :eek:
Old 07-11-02, 08:12 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Kajukenbo
Guys,

Here is the latest update.......
The weather forecast doesn't look too good right now....(Gunnermac, I think I gonna have to give you a hard time on this one!) I know most of you probably don't want to get your lex wet and dirty since most of us keep our cars clean pretty much all the time. Here is what I am suggesting......

If indeed that it rains on Saturday, I would like to suggest to postpone our meet until next Saturday. I am really sorry about this. Who would have thought that we would get rain in July in our Sun Diego. (I still think it is Gunnermac's fault, if you read his earlier post)

Let me know what you guys think.......

Here is the latest weather update.....(it should update itself)

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/92121?from=LAPmaps

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...ite_large.html

Just to make sure that no one is wasting their gas and time, for those of you are from outside of San Diego, if you want, please PM me and I will leave you my cell phone number so that you can call me on Saturday morning before you leave your house.

I will try to post a latest update on Saturday morning so that you guys know what is going on before you make that drive.......

Thanks
See Gunner its all your fault!!!!
Old 07-11-02, 08:47 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GS430lvr
Gunner...you had to go and be the pessimist!! Look what you did.

Hehe
Hey, What did I do? But who woulda thunk it

On another note, if the meet does go as scheduled on Saturday, I will be without my GS I have to drop it off at the body shop on Saturday so the can install the kit. I was suppose to get it installed tomorrow, but the owner of the shop asked that I drop it off and leave it with them. At Steve Ganz's request the owner is going to personally supervise the paint and installation and I have to give them ample time.

I know...I know...I was one of the 1st ones to say I'm in...now this
Old 07-11-02, 10:05 PM
bigbllr2000
Rookie

i have to work on saturday i wish it could be sunday but i guess i'll miss out until the next one months and months from now...
Old 07-12-02, 12:07 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Gunner and Bigbllr,

I am really sorry that you guys won't be able to make it to this weekend's meet. Nevertheless, you know this won't be our last either. This is just the begining of what's to come. We will only get better and bigger.

It is hard to get everyone's schedule on the same page. I tried. Next time, I will try to ask you guys earlier for the schedule. Maybe we can try the next meet on a Sunday so that people don't have to worry about their work schedule.

Anyway, we will try to take some pictures for you guys. And GunnerMac, we want to see some pictures of your car with your new body kit on. That is the least thing that you can do for me....
Old 07-12-02, 12:19 AM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Kajukenbo
Gunner and Bigbllr,

I am really sorry that you guys won't be able to make it to this weekend's meet. Nevertheless, you know this won't be our last either. This is just the begining of what's to come. We will only get better and bigger.

It is hard to get everyone's schedule on the same page. I tried. Next time, I will try to ask you guys earlier for the schedule. Maybe we can try the next meet on a Sunday so that people don't have to worry about their work schedule.

Anyway, we will try to take some pictures for you guys. And GunnerMac, we want to see some pictures of your car with your new body kit on. That is the least thing that you can do for me....
Kaju - If I make it back for Habor City in time I still plan on coming to the meet...if you guys will have me without my GS Don't worry I post take and post plenty of pics when my car is finally done.
Old 07-12-02, 10:37 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Okay guys,

By looking at the latest weather report, I think we should have a green light for tomorrow's meet. I would like to encourage everyone to show up who said they will because people from Bob Baker Lexus had gone out of their way to order food for us, FREE!

If everyone show up from ClubLexus based on the list that I had generated plus 8 cars from the IS300.net, we should be looking around 20 plus cars. I think Bob Baker Lexus also have their own crews of 7-8 cars as well.

Com' on guys, don't make us ClubLexus look bad.........PLEASE
Old 07-12-02, 02:22 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yea its definitly on!

Got 6 IS' that will roll with us from B&N so we should have a nice little convoy rollin down the 8.
Old 07-12-02, 09:48 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

You guys taking the 405-5-73-5???

You prolly would care, but if you didnt mind having a CLK320 in the big league, let me know soon!!!
Old 07-13-02, 06:04 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

TooG4me,

405-5-73-5? may I assume that is the freeway route you are talking about......?

405 south - 5 south - 8 east, exist off Johnson and make left.....
You can read the direction from my previous post.....

CLK320, hummmm.......... interesting. What happened to your GS430? Don't you want to show us your nice GS430 instead of the CLK320?
Old 07-13-02, 11:49 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

prolly too late now, but ill post anyways.

The GS430 is in La Jolla so i would possibly pick it up there. I was thinking though to let my sister use it, and ide borrow her GS300 at the same time while i was deciding to get the clk or the sc... i thought it would make things easier. its not really helping though.
Old 07-13-02, 01:54 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I WANNA SEE PICS.........have fun guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to work today!
Old 07-13-02, 09:12 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where are the pics?

Quick Reply: San Diego meet, July 13 (Sat.) @BobBaker Lexus of El Cajun, lunch provided!