Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Seattle Housing Opportunity

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-10, 01:14 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seattle Housing Opportunity

Hey guys, a friend and I are moving to Seattle in a couple months and are considering the idea of a roommate. I don't want to just advertise for anyone on Craigslist as I would prefer someone with common interests etc...I figured I would post up here to see if anyone would be interested in renting with us as it would be cheaper for everyone and have cool roommates with similar interests would be that much better.

Both of us, my friend and I, are mechanical engineers. I am working for a company in south seattle and he is working for UW while finishing his Masters degree. I'm 31 and he is mid twenties, we are both responsible, pay bills on time, respectful to others and keep a clean common living area. We are considering a year lease and would expect the same from our potential roommate. I am into cars (obviously), streetbikes, dirtbikes, music etc..., he is into technological type stuff (pc's, programming, good micro brews etc...) and easy going. We are looking for someone who would share a few of the same interests and also be easy going, CLEAN, and RESPONSIBLE.

The house we are considering ideally will be 3 bedrooms, at least 2 but preferably 3 bathrooms (everyone has their own or shares with max of 1 person), in a decent neighborhood where your car isn't going to get broken into and with at least a 1 car garage. I do all my own work on my cars and have an air compressor etc... so there will be the opportunity to work in a garage with air etc...for whoever moves in. We will also be trying to stay within a reasonable distance to UW (40 min or less bus ride) and my workplace.

We would like to keep rent under $700 per person including utilities, internet and cable and again, this will be a house not an apartment. We would also like someone who has rental history and isn't their first time moving out of home/dorm unless you are exceptionally responsible and realize mom isn't going to be around to pick up after you.

If this is something you may be interested in pm me, we are looking to make this move in november, at the latest december 1st. Thanks guys!