Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

New guy, watch out

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-10, 08:25 PM
thughes
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New guy, watch out

Hey whats up everyone. I'm not new to forums but definitely new to this one.

I'm graduating from the Scion, and Audi forums (because i'm looking at trading in my audi and scion for an is350). Just wanted to intro myself and see what kind of activity there is up here in Seattle.

I also seem to be stuck on what color to choose... Black.. or white.... any personal experiences with either would be great to hear about, pros cons etc... I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum... sad to leave behind the others.

Thanks

hahaha whats with the driver school candidate title!?!? FFFFF lol
Old 11-04-10, 07:40 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

Welcome to CL. I have a bunch of friends with Audi's and they all love their cars even when they've dropped so much money in fixing/maintaining them. So, I'm assuming they must be fun to drive.

As far as color goes, I love the look of black cars, but they're only clean right after a wash and in this climate I don't want to be washing my car all the time so I go with light colored cars.
Old 11-04-10, 08:26 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the CL brother. You will be happy with an 350 for sure. I would get white, only because its such a pain keeping black clean. lol Black does look better though but only for 2-3 months out of the year. =)
Old 11-04-10, 01:17 PM
WillyD
Pole Position

hey whats up i say white too either way your not going with a bad decision you should come to one of the weekend meets
Old 11-04-10, 06:27 PM
thughes
Rookie

Originally Posted by WillyD
hey whats up i say white too either way your not going with a bad decision you should come to one of the weekend meets
when and where? I roll in the Scion hahaha, i'll be the tard lol
Old 11-04-10, 10:05 PM
kalristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome welcome! i say blackk black cars ASSEMBLEEE!
Old 11-05-10, 05:35 PM
thughes
Rookie

i forgot to mention that not only am i stuck on color, but model........ 350's power vs 250's AWD.... thoughts and options everyone?
Old 11-05-10, 09:44 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

350 power all the way bro.
Old 11-06-10, 04:09 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

If your looking for power, 250 AWD isnt worth it. Its slower than the IS300

IS350 FTW!!!
There coming out with a Manual in 2011, or 2012 on the IS350
Old 11-06-10, 11:07 PM
thughes
Rookie

what about a supercharged 250? sounds like a fun project haha

you all have to understand, im coming from a scion forum.... my mod lists are long and full hahaha, the only down and upside to that is... i never cheap out on anything :S..... so i could have the awd... and the power.. just a different route...
Old 11-08-10, 03:59 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

starfire pearl 6 speed is250 vs is350
Old 11-08-10, 12:09 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Im not up to date on Performance on the 2IS.

What performance parts can you get for the 2IS? Last I heard was just I/H/E. If there is a SC out there, then by all means go with an AWD
Old 11-08-10, 12:39 PM
thughes
Rookie

Yeah I did a little research, I didn't realize the compression was so high... So no SC
Old 11-08-10, 09:30 PM
chums
Lead Lap

im running a 250 awd and its fun enough. honestly, if youre into blazing power, 250 isnt for you. the 250 has enough power, but im not gonna lie, i wouldnt mind a bit more. basically, the 250s quick enough, its just not fast.

250 supercharged is running $10k+ parts alone, and it still wont put down as much rwhp as the is350. the engine compression is way too high to run any reasonable amount of boost. is350 can be supercharged, but same deal as the is250. the best bang for your buck will be ppe headers and the others mentioned (intake/exhaust). make sure to throw on an invidia midpipe, sounds better than megan imo.

as for black vs white, i like black better than white, but only when its clean. i dont mind maintaining my car's exterior all the time which is what youll have to do with black. but you cant go wrong with either choice. white looks good because you can throw in some contrast to the color with lip kits, carbon fiber, etc.

anyway, to sum up my opinion, i would personally go with a black or white is350, either one. rwd can handle fine with the right tires and the right driver

ps. the is350, unfortunately, is never coming out with a manual, at least for this gen there is a 350 awd, however
Old 11-09-10, 01:36 PM
thughes
Rookie

Originally Posted by chums
im running a 250 awd and its fun enough. honestly, if youre into blazing power, 250 isnt for you. the 250 has enough power, but im not gonna lie, i wouldnt mind a bit more. basically, the 250s quick enough, its just not fast.

250 supercharged is running $10k+ parts alone, and it still wont put down as much rwhp as the is350. the engine compression is way too high to run any reasonable amount of boost. is350 can be supercharged, but same deal as the is250. the best bang for your buck will be ppe headers and the others mentioned (intake/exhaust). make sure to throw on an invidia midpipe, sounds better than megan imo.

as for black vs white, i like black better than white, but only when its clean. i dont mind maintaining my car's exterior all the time which is what youll have to do with black. but you cant go wrong with either choice. white looks good because you can throw in some contrast to the color with lip kits, carbon fiber, etc.

anyway, to sum up my opinion, i would personally go with a black or white is350, either one. rwd can handle fine with the right tires and the right driver

ps. the is350, unfortunately, is never coming out with a manual, at least for this gen there is a 350 awd, however
Very good intel. Thanks. I'm willing to sacrifice power for awd though. I'm going back to college down in Utah next year and it snows like crazy there, rwd just won't cut it. Arma makes a sc and they recommend jumping to stage 2, its only like $8,000.. 10 is alot of green.

Quick Reply: New guy, watch out