Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Tires shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-10, 12:37 AM
tastfulmod
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires shop

Anyone know any good tire shops that I can get a good deal you know what I mean like a tire place that someone had a previous experience with or that was easier to get them to give you a good deal like a specific discount tire store or something like that in the Lynnwood area.

Thanks
Old 12-24-10, 01:22 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

TireRack.com is the best prices to buy tires.
I had price checked between Discounttiredirect.com and Tirerack. Tirerack had the best price out of both of them. Now if the local Discount Tire shop has a sale. Go with them, cant beat a sale locally

If you buy them threw Tirerack, go with this shop in Renton. They will mount the tires at a better price than any tire shop around. Check there website at www.tightntidyracing.com

I go there for all my mounts/dismounts/balancing needs. They also do reverse mounts on custom wheels with tire stretching, if needed. Great peeps all in all.
Old 12-24-10, 03:19 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,581 Likes on 692 Posts

I've always purchased my tires from my local discount tire. I shop online, print the prices and then go to discount. They have always matched the prices. You pay tax instead of shipping. I always thought they even out anyway
They are also very careful with the wheels and they know what to do. Only place I've taken my kinesis wheels to
Discount tire in Everett. If you decide to go there, talk to Armando and tell him Ron (2001 LS430) sent you

Last edited by JT2MA71; 12-24-10 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-24-10, 05:54 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

I do almost the same as Ron does, I always shop my tires online for the prices and go to my local discount tires. Have them match the prices. If your afraid of your aftermarket wheels just make sure you find somebody who knows what they're doing and that will take responsibility for a expensive set of rims. The Bellevue Discount tire was pretty good, I had pretty good experience with them handling my rims. I also went to the one down in Puyallup just for a set of Falken FK452 for the size I needed (I was running 20's with a mild stretch), and they were alright.

I would also try IS3_FTW place if your looking for a good deal, I haven't been there before but I'm sure IS3_FTW has good experience with them. Just my two cent. Happy Shopping!
Old 12-24-10, 06:33 PM
WillyD
Pole Position

i got a local tire shop do mine prices are crazy good got tires with about 90 percent tread mounted and balanced and bought for 80 bucks
Old 12-27-10, 10:19 PM
S30ZG
Pole Position

I buy all of my tires online because I'm poor and can't afford name brand stuff. 350 shipped for 4 Nankangs is what i paid from discounttires.com
Old 01-05-11, 05:25 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been getting miy tires from Discount Tire for the last 10 years. They will match any advertised price, and it's good to know that my warranty will be honored nationwide by a stable company.
Old 01-05-11, 07:12 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

Another discount tire guy here. Been buying tires from them for 20+ years from when I got my first set of Fittipaldi Monolithics with 195/50/r15's lol. They'll match any advertised price. You can even try to haggle a little more off if you want like mounting and balancing, tire stems, etc.
Old 01-05-11, 09:06 AM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

You guys are BALLER'S for buying tires at Discount Tires.
Old 01-05-11, 09:34 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One major reason I buy at Discount, besides the price matching, having a road hazard warranty from a PHYSICAL store. I seem to have bad luck with catching nails or screws, but it's nice to roll into any Discount Tire store and have it fixed. Buying tires online seems like a hassle to me when it comes to warranty claims.
Old 01-05-11, 09:38 AM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
One major reason I buy at Discount, besides the price matching, having a road hazard warranty from a PHYSICAL store. I seem to have bad luck with catching nails or screws, but it's nice to roll into any Discount Tire store and have it fixed. Buying tires online seems like a hassle to me when it comes to warranty claims.
Oh yea that's really nice to have. And don't they replace the tire free of charge if they can't repair them?
Old 01-05-11, 10:59 AM
kalristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Prorate tires without the certificate for free replacement but if you have the certificate for free replacement it covers anything that happens to the tire thatvcant be fixed...for the life of the tire which sometimes have a mileage gaurantee of 85,000 miles
Old 01-06-11, 07:00 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

If your smart, no tire shop will know where you bought the tire, unless they ask for proof. Most employees will take your word on it. Just saying

Warranty issues, thats a different story
Old 01-06-11, 07:25 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kalristo
Prorate tires without the certificate for free replacement but if you have the certificate for free replacement it covers anything that happens to the tire thatvcant be fixed...for the life of the tire which sometimes have a mileage gaurantee of 85,000 miles
Oh right... I have the certificate so if anything happens they can replace the tires with no questions asked.

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
If your smart, no tire shop will know where you bought the tire, unless they ask for proof. Most employees will take your word on it. Just saying

Warranty issues, thats a different story
Hahaha...I wish all tires shops are like that.

At discount tires, they always ask for your receipt or some proof before they'll even look at your car. Well, at least for the ones I went to in Bellevue and Puyallup.
Old 01-06-11, 07:27 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

*cough*lesschwab*cough*

Quick Reply: Tires shop