Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Carson Toyota Meet Afterthought

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-02, 12:44 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll break it down for you

there was a 1:1 ratio of Corrola's to GS

i say about 200-300 people not exactly but through out the day i think there was about this many.

total car count i say around 50 or so in the lot.
Old 08-11-02, 01:37 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by daygo718
Hey Ken, my SC wasn't enough for you to look at! j/k
Alex - If I had to look at just one SC, I would prefer that it was yours But, I could never see too many SC430s

On another note, I hope my first post didn't sound as though I was complaining...I was trying to suggest some ideas that might make the next meet better.

One thing for sure is next time we need either a larger parking lot or a separate meet for Toyata and Lexus. I'm not sure the Toyota drivers will want to hang out with us again anyway, if they see this thread.

I think we all should try to come up with ideas to help make the meet better next time instead of whinning and complaining.
Old 08-11-02, 01:40 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Ethan, it was nice meeting you. Hope to talk with you more another time.

I think the biggest problem (besides the heat <--- that's not embarrassment, that's me cooking in the sun) was the available space to show off cars. I saw a number of stock IS's and other barely modified vehicles taking up valuable "show" space.

On the other hand, there were a number of very nice vehicles across the street in the parking lot. There were a few, clean AE86 Corollas, a few nice GS's, MR2's, and MKIV Supras back there.

I came pretty early with my friend in his black 97' Supra (bodykit, single turbo, Blitz rims, sounds) and we got turned away at the gate, and had to park way in the back of the parking lot across the street. Like I mentioned, there were some nice cars back there, so I'm thinking, "There ought to be some REALLY nice cars showing." So we walk in and see only one Supra (Manny's nice Supra) and maybe 3 stock IS's and a crappy new Corolla with some cheesy bodykit and stock wheels.

Sure there were some nice cars (mainly ClubLexus and sponsor vehicles), but just the inclusion of vehicles with hardly any mods/cheesy mods really lowers my enthusiasm. I guess it's difficult to tell members of other clubs, "Hey, your car sucks buddy -- park it across the street..."

I don't think we need to separate Lexus vs. Toyota vehicles; we need to separate nicely modified vehicles vs. stock/barely modified/cheesy looking vehicles.

Last edited by pvmike1; 08-11-02 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 02:46 PM
daniel
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
We never invited. We started the meet, then other clubs wanted to come.

Hot weather, not enough food, ok raffle, those are not the point. I wouldn't be mad if we take all those away, and take Toyota cars away also.

Yes food is on first come first serve basis. But hey the last Carson meet I went late also and they STILL had enough food for everyone.

So in the end what's the problem? Toyota cars all over the place. Since last meet we had no Toyota cars (only a few Solaras) and it was good, this meet we had more Toyotas than Lexus and it was screwed, obviously that's the problem.

And what makes our Lexus so special? I dunno, maybe because it was supposed to be a LEXUS meet.

Not trying to bash on Toyotas, but we seriously need to separate the meets. We dont' want import showoff, we want ClubLexus meet.

Chill out man.

Not trying to bash on Toyotas??? Thats what you have been doing in every one of your posts. This was a TOYOTA/LEXUS meet not LEXUS meet for the 100th million time... read it this time!! "Toyota cars all over the place." exactly smart guy you are driving one all the cars that where there where TOYOTAS, and just because you payed 20,000+ more for a different shape body and some L badges doesn't make you better but makes you stupid, because ones you open the hood or any other part of the car... guess what it says Toyota!! This meet was great, I had to park my Solara far away and it was still great. I just can't stand how some people can think they are soo much better then everyone else, just because you drive a Lexus (which stands for Luxury Export to U.S. might I add) doesn't make you better then the Toyota croud, doesn't make your car better then a Solara/Celica/Camry, so stop your *****ing or sell your "LEXUS" and buy a HONDA!

Last edited by daniel; 08-11-02 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 03:21 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by daniel

Not trying to bash on Toyotas??? Thats what you have been doing in every one of your posts. This was a TOYOTA/LEXUS meet not LEXUS meet for the 100th million time... read it this time!! "Toyota cars all over the place." exactly smart guy you are driving one all the cars that where there where TOYOTAS, and just because you payed 20,000+ more for a different shape body and some L badges doesn't make you better but makes you stupid, because ones you open the hood or any other part of the car... guess what it says Toyota!! This meet was great, I had to park my Solara far away and it was still great. I just can't stand how some people can think they are soo much better then everyone else, just because you drive a Lexus (which stands for Luxury Export to U.S. might I add) doesn't make you better then the Toyota croud, doesn't make your car better then a Solara/Celica/Camry, so stop your *****ing or sell your "LEXUS" and buy a HONDA!
excuse me, who are you?

Go have your own Solara meet instead of trying to free-load off others. I don't care if you drive a Solara or a Lexus. Even if you DO drive a Lexus, stop acting like a 2 year old. This meet was supposed to be a Lexus meet. I wouldnt' mind seeing other cars if it was a Toyota/Lexus meet but hey that's not it was started as.

It's great if you know that Lexus is made by Toyota. Learn something new everyday boy?

I got nothing against Camrys and Solaras and Corollas. Don't make it sound like you're a saint defending Solaras. Read my post and tell me where I disrespected Solaras. If you can't find it, ****.

Why not go start your own Solara meet and have all these Civics and Integras taking up your space? I'm sure you'll be happy about that. *** ****** **** **** ***** ** ***** **** ***!!!

Not a good first post. If the 2nd one is still negative, please step aside and let us take care of you like you don't exist.

Last edited by GlobeCLK; 08-11-02 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 03:32 PM
id242
Driver School Candidate

I thought it was a great "Toyota & Lexus Owners Meet"!
Excellent turn out - the food went quickly, but that’s expected to happen when you have hundreds of people and allot of FREE food & drinks (there was a Texaco food mart and subway right of the street if people were still hungry or didn’t arrive early enough for the free food that Carson Toyota provided for everyone)

the prizes at the raffle were good - not as many this year as there had been in the previous years... but then again, not too many Lexus owner are going to put a TRD oil cap or gas cap on their Lexus.

it was excellent of TMS to come down with their truck and show off the new Matrix, Indy car, RMM Celica and Celebrity Celica!

Steve Ganz was there and as usual, friendly and helping everyone with their questions

Ryan from SC3 Showed up early and took the incentive to park all of the arriving cars into arrangement. He even took it a step further and tried to arrange all of the same models together (Camry/Avalon together, Celica with Celica, mr2 with mr2, GS with GS... etc ....... anyone even notice that Ryan's team cars were placed way in the back - that truly has to say something for respect for everyone else!) Ryan, whatever people say, you did an awesome job!

On top of everyone opinions of how the meet went... the good news is that no one got stuff jacked from their cars... nothing was broken and all cars left pretty much the same way they came in - VERY CLEAN and DETAILED!

I look forward to the next meet... whether it be LEXUS ONLY or another TOYOTA/LEXUS meet - I HAD AN AWESOME TIME!
Old 08-11-02, 03:43 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Ethan for setting up the Meet. I'm sure you put a lot of time in getting everything together, so Thanks. In the future I would like to see Lexus only meets too. I would like to go to a meet with questions in hand hoping to get answers or to get new ideas for future mods. Although all the toyotas were very interesting to look at, I really did not prefer to see all of them. I think having another meet at a local park would be the best viable option with plenty of parking, SHADE, food (BBQ), and other leisure activities too. Overall, I thought it was a good turnout, thanks to Glen who answered a lot of my questions.
Old 08-11-02, 03:53 PM
id242
Driver School Candidate

dispite what I posted just above, i also think it would have been better if it was a LEXUS ONLY meet. i say this only because I noticed alot owners hanging around owners of the same style of car... not too much interaction between the lexus and camry/mr2/celica/corola guys

it would have been cool to just turn around and talk LEXUS shop with whoever else was their, knowing that they also own a lexus... but instead, you had to take a guess at what they car they drive.

things could have been worse.... anyone notice an ECHO or PRIUS on the lot?
Old 08-11-02, 04:01 PM
daniel
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

excuse me, who are you?

Go have your own Solara meet instead of trying to free-load off others. I don't care if you drive a Solara or a Lexus. Even if you DO drive a Lexus, stop acting like a 2 year old. This meet was supposed to be a Lexus meet. I wouldnt' mind seeing other cars if it was a Toyota/Lexus meet but hey that's not it was started as.

It's great if you know that Lexus is made by Toyota. Learn something new everyday boy?

I got nothing against Camrys and Solaras and Corollas. Don't make it sound like you're a saint defending Solaras. Read my post and tell me where I disrespected Solaras. If you can't find it, ****.

Why not go start your own Solara meet and have all these Civics and Integras taking up your space? I'm sure you'll be happy about that. *** ****** **** **** ***** ** ***** **** ***!!!

Not a good first post. If the 2nd one is still negative, please step aside and let us take care of you like you don't exist.

Free load from others?? How did i ever freeload of anyone of you? I didn't take up the parking, I didn't complain that there where too many Lexus?? Freeload? I drive a Solara, and have a lexus in the family both cars are great. I am not a defending anyone just pointing out that idiots like you are what ****s it all up. People like you that can't see out of their little box and think the world is only as big as theri reach. I never said you disrespected any car, but you keep pointing out over and over about how the Toyotas ****ed it up, how the Toyotas took up the space, etc.. If i was to have a HONDA/TOYOTA meet and civic made it there before any of the toyotas did and took up all the parking spaces thats all good, because it was a HONDA/TOYOTA meet... and in this case it was a ****ing LEXUS/TOYOTA meet get it through your thick skull!! Do i need to spell it out for you?

As far as taking care of me as if though i didn't exist... be my guest lol if it makes you feel powerfull and all warm and fuzzy inside go for it
Old 08-11-02, 04:39 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Children behave please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's over and done with and that’s that!!

It was a meet for both Toyota and Lexus but the main problem was the parking lot was SMALL!! I think the main problem was that word spread outside of the forums there was going to be a meet for Lexus and Toyota and every Tom, **** and Harry decided to show up and that’s where it originates. No one knew before hand that amount of attention this meet was going to get and there lies the problem!!

In the future there has to be an in invited VIP guest list and you rsvp your showing up so Ethan and Steve have an accurate head count on what’s needed. Just like when you go to a club and the doorman has a guest list of names, if you’re not on the list you don't get in. Very simple!!!!!!
This way they can properly plan the parking situation and the amount of food needed!!!!!!!!!

Everyone learns from the past regardless if it was a success or failure. It’s all part of life.

Ethan went out of his way trying to accommodate CL members so try to show some gratitude please. If you like to help organize the next one then let him know. If you had no part in organizing it then don't complain please cause you’re an outsider looking in and don't know the true detail it took in the organizational process.

Ethan and Steve once again Thanks!!!!

Last edited by SharpLS-96; 08-11-02 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 04:39 PM
RacingAristo

If you compare the original design of the flyer, we didn't invite everythingcelica.com and is300.net. The admin of IS300.net saw the flyer and put their names on it and pretend they co-host the meeting. Doing some photoshop. That is low.

It was supposed to be Club Lexus (theme) with Team SC^3 and that is it.

We also asked them to report the estimate members to join. Did they reply? No. They just walked in there, ate all the food and overflow the parking lot. The guy in front of me took 4 pieces of sandwichs and 2 bottle waters. It was supposed to be 1 piece of sandwich and 1 bottle water. Later on I saw him coming back and got some more food. I'm almost certain he was not a member of Club Lexus 'cause he wore the t-shirt with his club name on it. I'm not saying he can't eat any food but at least be considerate. Just because it's free, you don't have to eat 'til you vomit.

For next meeting, most likely it'd be exclusive for Club Lexus members with a very small fee to cover food and prize and so on.

Now for the parking lot issue, since we had a limited space, it'd be better if we could get some "show cars" in it rather than bone stock ones. We would like to see everyone's car but when the space is restricted, that's what we should have done. That's why I left early to let other show cars to park.

What is past is past. We made some mistake just like the first dyno event. So we learn and will improve on the next event.

Old 08-11-02, 04:55 PM
Static911

Let me clear everything up. ALL the Southern California Toyota/Lexus car clubs were invited.

Let's not harper on this. It was great seeing everybody there. I saw a lot of new GS and IS owners.

I already wrote what I messed up from this meet and this will never happen again.

Let's just talk about what was good at the meet instead of what was bad at the meet. As always, GunnerMac, Cong28 & LXOGOOD's car representing...

Team Lexotic and the Area 51 crew rolling with their IS300's.

What was sad too was I purchased 4 T6400 Walkie Talkies for the meet and they never showed up even when I bought the 3 day UPS select shipping...

Thanks for understanding and trust me when I say, this will never happen again.

Sincerely,

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 08-11-02 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 05:49 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i think the reason why it got a little to full is because most people thought that when you enter the parking lot that is where to park your car just to walk around. most people i saw go in and turned back AFTER they entered the meet area because they realoize that wasn't the parking lot. it was the car area. we should have a couple of seperate signs next time. 1 for parking. and other for car shows.
Old 08-11-02, 05:59 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by daniel

Free load from others?? How did i ever freeload of anyone of you? I didn't take up the parking, I didn't complain that there where too many Lexus?? Freeload? I drive a Solara, and have a lexus in the family both cars are great. I am not a defending anyone just pointing out that idiots like you are what ****s it all up. People like you that can't see out of their little box and think the world is only as big as theri reach. I never said you disrespected any car, but you keep pointing out over and over about how the Toyotas ****ed it up, how the Toyotas took up the space, etc.. If i was to have a HONDA/TOYOTA meet and civic made it there before any of the toyotas did and took up all the parking spaces thats all good, because it was a HONDA/TOYOTA meet... and in this case it was a ****ing LEXUS/TOYOTA meet get it through your thick skull!! Do i need to spell it out for you?

As far as taking care of me as if though i didn't exist... be my guest lol if it makes you feel powerfull and all warm and fuzzy inside go for it
The reason why I pointed out that Toyotas screwed it up is because at first it was just a ClubLexus meeting like what we had before. I don't mind turning it into something larger, but the fact that too many other cars came and took up space is undeniable.

I'm not going to argue with you because I find it retarded to argue for small things and trying to defend for something pointless. Remember, you can go because it's a previlege, not a right. I don't need to use personal attacks and insults because i'm not a kid like you. All you are doing is letting people think that Solara owners are all immature just because of you.

To stop further whining, we'll just separate ClubLexus meets from other clubs. We won't have any problems that way.

have a nice day.
Old 08-11-02, 06:18 PM
Static911

Thread is over guys.

Thanks everybody for showing up.

Ethan