Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Goals and objectives for the next ClubLexus meet.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-02, 09:45 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goals and objectives for the next ClubLexus meet.....

Hi guys,

Since I had recently organized a meet in San Diego, I know how hard it is to try to get everyone together and make everyone happy. However, I guess this is how we learn in life.

I want to give props to Ethan and Steve G. for organize this show. I talked to both of them at the meet and I think neither of them expected this show to turn out to this magnitude. I am just glad that they had enough staffs available to keep everything in control. Unfortunately, with so many cars and people, some members were bound to be unhappy about certain things. I think some of the members here simply didn't expect to see so many other clubs' members. Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having other car club memebers.

Where do we go from here......

If the objectives of having a ClubLexus meet is to check out other members'rides and as well as to meet other ClubLexus' members, we should then only invite ClubLexus members. Each vehicle will then be tagged with the member's handle name. Each member will also be wearing a name tag that have both his/her handle name and the first name. Each car owner should also include a list of the mods on a piece of paper and stick it on the window (just like a new car in the dealership). Therefore, the same questions don't have to be answered multiple times. Food and raffle prizes will be an add on feature for the meet.

If the ojectives, however, is to have a combine meet with other clubs, and have various vendors to display their products, then people should not be upset to see various cars and owners. Since this Carson meet was indicated and advertised as a multi-club meet, I have to say the turn out was a successful one. It truely represented what it was intended to be.

Again, I sincerely appreciate what Ethan and Steve G. had done to put this huge event together. It really went as smooth as it could without any regrettable incident.

I don't think there is anything wrong to have a multi-club meet. If people here want to have a ClubLexus exclusive meet, then we should annouce it ahead so that no one is surprised or upset later.

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 08-12-02 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-12-02, 01:03 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

It sucks to hear that you guys drove all the way from San Diego and had no space to park. . I don't live that far from Carson Toyota but when i arrived, I was lucky enough to get a parking spot in the parking lot across the street. As for the meeting, i think it was a pretty cool. . I don't know anybody from CL that's why i decided to go to the meet and try to get to know everyone and check out their cars . .

I didn't mind that it was a Toyota/Lexus meet because many of my friends have MR2's and supras. . All in all, it was a pretty cool meet. . Hopefully next time, everyone can enjoy themselves. .
Old 08-12-02, 07:49 AM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

The meet was decent considering all that they had to do to make it happen. When you have that many people show up some things just aren't going to well. Ethan and Steve thanks for hookin it up as best you could.

Like Kaju said if the intent of this meet was to have a combined meet then it turned out as they had planned.... It was a huge succes if you look at it in that light. I think that everybody should be happy that somebody thought enough of us to let us hang out for a minute and provide free things. Granted it may not have been to everyone's likin but it was good to get together and see "the usual suspects" and meet "new suspects".

The weather is beyond anyone's control and had it been COLD people would have complained about that too! Personnaly I will take the heat over the cold anyday.

To the San Diego Crew sorry that it didn't exactly play out as GunnerMac and myself had planned. But I think that it was a good ride, despite our little "episode".

Anyway, thats my two cents not that its worth much...but you all be good and be safe. Peace.

Last edited by PAPASMURF; 08-12-02 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-15-02, 06:19 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought the SD meet was great and I'm sorry to hear that there wasn't enough space for everyone at the Carson meet (which I could not attend).

Kaju- I agree that when a meet is organized it should be made clear whether it is a Club Lexus only or a multi-club meet. That will eliminate confusion. Definitely need some raffle prizes next time..hehe
Old 08-19-02, 06:51 PM
IS300_white
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sup guys,
Have you guys parked on the side of the freeway lately? ...He He . Had a blast driving up to Carson with you guys. One of the highlights was definitely that "episode".

Just thought I'd join CL just so that I don't miss out on anything. Especially since you guys are some of the craziest guys I ever met ...crazy, but cool ...if you know what I mean.

Back to the topic ...I agree with Kaju and Smurf. I thought the Meet was a huge success. Some disappointed people was to be expected, but we should view it positively. Hell ...we are part of the same Toyota/Lexus family.
Old 08-20-02, 07:53 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by IS300_white
Sup guys,
Have you guys parked on the side of the freeway lately? ...He He . Had a blast driving up to Carson with you guys. One of the highlights was definitely that "episode".

Just thought I'd join CL just so that I don't miss out on anything. Especially since you guys are some of the craziest guys I ever met ...crazy, but cool ...if you know what I mean.

Back to the topic ...I agree with Kaju and Smurf. I thought the Meet was a huge success. Some disappointed people was to be expected, but we should view it positively. Hell ...we are part of the same Toyota/Lexus family.
Welcome to the party homes!