Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Organizing the Bay Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-02, 08:01 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Organizing the Bay Area Meet

Okay, I just talked with AnthraciteSC and he wants to have a Bay Area meet on Saturday August 31st at 12pm at the San Francisco Marina---same place as the last Bay Area Supra meet. So far, I can gauge about 17 people in the Bay Area interested at least slightly in a Bay meet. This includes:

AnthraciteSC
MadMaxSC400
Hermosa
pcmw
do-lucksc
RMMGS4
redgs4
Rominl
Synergy
KevGS4
Goods
kts_GS3
rhayward
epineffreen
JL4785
robbsneak

Keeping in mind there are at least 50 CL members in Norcal, there may be even more people once we start advertising a set-in-stone meet. Let me know here how this location, time, and date fit into your schedules. This is just an arbitrary time and place as of now, but I want to have everyone possible show up.
Old 08-15-02, 11:38 PM
robbsneak
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up GREAT!!

Aug 31 is right around the corner. I can make it,.. IF i put in for the time at work. -if you can gaurantee it, i will request that day off right now. Please let me know asap.!, -What will take place there?,.. will it be big?, with raffles and the whole 9,.. or will it be only a few hour meet? EITHER way,.. i will be happy as F! ,.....It sure has been a long time since the ski mask came off!.. lol,..

Please let me know if theres anything at all i can do to help.
all yalls brother,............................robb s.

Last edited by robbsneak; 08-15-02 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-16-02, 02:06 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Robb, I just got word that Ethan is working on a larger, more organized Bay Area meet at a more controlled location, so this is probably not going to be THE Bay Area ClubLexus Meet. If anything, it will be a small gathering amongst a few willing members. Or maybe not? Anyone still want to meet up in SF as a casual get together? Keep in mind there will be a larger Bay Area meet somewhere down the line once all the details are worked out.
Old 08-16-02, 10:24 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

August 31st will be nearly impossible for me. For one thing, my team will be showing at Import Revolution that night in San Mateo. I will be helping out with a massive display planned for that show. Also my GS400 will most likely be entered as well. Its all dependent on if the new shoes show up in time or not... I can probably go if I do not show, but only for a short time. The Marina isn't too far from home anyways, and I can probably show up just for a quick meet. We shall see, I have to see what our setup schedule is. Most likely we can get everything done on Friday, then it shouldn't be a problem.. Aight then...
Old 08-16-02, 01:33 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Works for me.

Thanks

MW
Old 08-17-02, 01:13 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OK, Here's the deal.

lex400sc,
check your pm.

Since the now infamous "lunch meet" and through only word of mouth, I have a collected a pretty solid list of 20+ names of people (i.e. cars) who can attend during certain dates between now and the end of Sept. and will sync up my list with lex400sc to get an accurate headcount.

Anyone interested in attending, please PM me with the following information:

1) Name
2) City of residence
3) Dates you CANNOT attend between now and the end of Sept. (Saturdays and Sundays only)

I understand there are a couple of people entering their cars in another show and would like to avoid that conflict if possible, but we can't obviously accomodate everyones schedule.

So please send me the info requested above and from that we can determine the best date(s).

The city of residence will have some influence on where the most logical meet location should be, though I'm open to suggestions.

The number of attendee's will help us guage the parking space required, a suitable location, food requirements, etc.

I'm open to any suggestions for location and activities.

Several members will be scoping out some possible venues this weekend and we'll probably need to make a decision fairly soon.

Advanced reservations may be required if this gets BIG. So because of this I will take input until Friday the 23rd and then we'll have to make some decisions soon after. I will then post the Official Meet announcement to the Lexus Community.

Anyone wishing to help plan and organize this activity, let me know. I need all the help I can get. Sponsorship and other Lexus Clubs welcome.

RMMGS4

PS- I have discussed this meet with Ethan and if the response is good, well . . . let me save this little surprise for later.

Old 08-17-02, 08:01 AM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

Default at the marina again?

haha....
i remember the last meeting that was held at the marina.
i've printed out directions and headed on my way.
um...i don't know if it's just me or maybe the directions got skrewed in the process of being printed. I just couldn't find the place.
it hecka sucked cause i was pretty psyched about the meet.
oh well....
Thanks for the PM about this meet comming up RMMGS4.
koo....so if it's gonna be at the marina, i'll need directions again.
the day is koo wit me.

LATE!
Old 08-17-02, 04:11 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

HAHA

The marina is not that tricky...

Stockton is just as bad... Kinda like getting to March Lane from Hwy99
Old 08-19-02, 05:32 PM
dnguyen_GS430
Driver

Hey CL guys, I just got back from a business trip. I've been out of touch with the CL. I was wondering if we can change the meet date to this Saturday August 23rd. The reason is that I have to go back to Korea the following week. Please let me know if you guys can accomodate the changes.

Thanks all.
Daniel
Old 08-19-02, 05:43 PM
RMMGS4

Daniel,
I've been working on dates and locations while you we're out.

Check your PM's from me & please respond.

RMMGS4
Old 08-20-02, 03:01 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I printed out directions to the Marina meet too and the SOB told me to take a street that did not exist . So I spent about 90 minutes driving around in the city looking for the place. Drove up and down the shortline and gave up when I finally ran out of gas . There's a good chance this summer's meet will be held at Lake Elizabeth, which is a lot easier to find, for me at least...
Old 08-20-02, 03:35 AM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

The marina is in a neighborhood called the marina district on the marina side of the peninsula near the maritime base where the marine studies office is.

Many people will not tell you where the marina is because in SF it is so obvious to them that they feel they you must be joking.

SF has a ton of marinas but the 'SF marina' is the one on the north end of town next to the presidio. So from west to east on the northern shore...it goes... Golden Gate...Presidio...Marina...then the piers...
Old 08-21-02, 01:49 PM
dnguyen_GS430
Driver

I'm in gentlements amd Ladies. Is the date and time fix? I hope to see everyone there. I only have a few hours to spend at the meet.
Old 08-21-02, 09:08 PM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

RMMGS4,

Count me in brother! So Aug. 31 will be then, in SF. Not to sure where the location is but I wll find out by then. With some help you guys.

Chan
Old 08-21-02, 09:24 PM
RMMGS4

Chan,
this thread gets a little confusing.

To clarify:

I am organizing a ClubLexus meet and already have responses from over 30 people so far. Through this organized process, I was taking everyone's information about the dates people were free and what location would be best suited for where most people lived.

I pm'd you but I didn't see a response. Check out the 6th post from me on this current thread.

dnguyen_GS430 was asking if anyone was getting together at the Marina this weekend. That is not the meet I am organizing; just an open invitation to anyone who wanted to get together.

I hope to announce the date and location for the meet I am organizing by this weekend. Three of us scoped out sites this week and we hope to make a decision soon.

Stay Tuned

RMMGS4

Quick Reply: Organizing the Bay Area Meet