Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Tint shops

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-11, 02:45 PM
jnemo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint shops

Hi, All~

I know this is like re-post, but I searched up, most the threads are like back in 2007 and 2008..lol

Anways, I wanna know if any of you know a good place in Washington for window tints with a great job, besides Accutint?!
Old 03-29-11, 02:58 PM
gsVIPdream
Rookie

Ice tech in mill creek good job small shop cheap and its warrantied for life I've had mine for 2 years no fade or peeling!
Old 03-29-11, 09:50 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Imperial Tinting??
Old 03-31-11, 05:27 PM
jnemo
Driver

Originally Posted by gsVIPdream
Ice tech in mill creek good job small shop cheap and its warrantied for life I've had mine for 2 years no fade or peeling!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try imperial tinting this time..and we'll see how it goes~ lol

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
Imperial Tinting??
Ya, gonna try it out for the first time..
I'll let you guys know how well the shop is~
no pressure, imptint. lol ^^
Old 04-05-11, 06:45 PM
jnemo
Driver

So, I finally got the window tinted at Imperial Tinting.

Here's the review about the shop&work:
I'm happy with the result, although it's not as dark as I expected.
Everything's looking good, I don't see any bubbles at all.
The owner's pretty cool, and chill.
But there're just some issues with the job.
He sure gave me a unbeatable price, and the result looks good. but I was there the whole time, and I find that he's not very careful with the car; which comes down to not very professional. (I know there are A LOT shops are like this, but what do you want to be? besides, customer was on site).
Cons:
First problem I saw was that he would leave a lot of tools on my suede seats, if it were leather, then I wouldn't mind. But I guess part of the problem is because his work space, since he did it in his single car garage.
Second problem I find was that he would spray a lot of mixture on the in-side window, which got the door dash and the seats wet. He did wipe it off, after finishing each window, which is good.
Last problem I found was that when he tear down the front door dash, there are few clips would fall out, and he did clip it back, but there's one clip he doesn't know where it go or the clip broke off and couldn't put it back, which he tried to find a way to put it in his pocket and hide it. I don't mind he doesn't know how to put the clip back, and it's just a little clip that hold on something inside the door dash, just like the clips that we use for the engine bay covers. But what really bothers me is that he wasn't being honest and tried to get away with it.
But part of those problems is my fault that I never spoke up any of these concerns to the owner, while I was there, but reason I didn't speak up because I wanted to see how he does his job.

Pros:
He tried to keep the carpet clean by taking off his shoes before he enters the car.
He's precise with size of the film, and align with the window carefully.
He does a great job putting the tint on the window and have the window looks like it was made from the factory.
I appreciate the time he spent being careful with the tint and window.

Overall, I'm happy with the result. He's very careful with the tint and window, but needs improvement on taking the car apart. I would recommand someone to go to his shop, IF the person don't mind a clip to break off. lol ^^

This is just pure review about the JOB the owner did.
Business is business, personal is personal.
u know~to be scrupulous in separating business from personal interests. lol
Like I said the owner is totally cool and chill to hang out with.

Last edited by jnemo; 04-05-11 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 09:22 PM
jnemo
Driver

The review's been edited. reason is because I was in a hurry, and left out the pros.
Old 04-05-11, 10:38 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

When did you go?
What was the percent on your windows?
Give it a few days to cure. It will get darker as it dries.
Old 04-06-11, 12:48 AM
jnemo
Driver

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
When did you go?
What was the percent on your windows?
Give it a few days to cure. It will get darker as it dries.
Went on Monday, asked for 20%..
Yup, hopefully it'll get darker, if not~ I'm fine with it too.
Old 04-06-11, 10:45 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Nice choice in %

I have 15% on the sides. And 5% on my rear window.
Would like to see it in person
Old 04-23-11, 06:57 PM
cwazyguy22
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, can you specify which one this is? Or the location for Imperial? I googled it and only got Imperial Auto Glass in Issaquah and Seattle. Just wanna find out which one is the right one? Also, do you guys know if they'd be able to install tail light overlays as well? Thanks~
Old 04-23-11, 08:27 PM
jnemo
Driver

Originally Posted by cwazyguy22
Hey guys, can you specify which one this is? Or the location for Imperial? I googled it and only got Imperial Auto Glass in Issaquah and Seattle. Just wanna find out which one is the right one? Also, do you guys know if they'd be able to install tail light overlays as well? Thanks~
I'm not sure if the owner has a shop by now. The owner did my windows in his garage. Look for member name: iJeff on the forum, that's the owner. Yes, he is able to install tail light overlays, even clear bras.
Old 04-23-11, 08:37 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

Nice review! Can you share price? I have an 07 GS350 that i kinda want tinted. Where in WA?
Old 04-24-11, 01:11 AM
jnemo
Driver

I was quoted $185. Usually 5 windows tint job cost from $225-$450.
His garage's at Federal Way.

Last edited by jnemo; 04-24-11 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-24-11, 12:22 PM
cwazyguy22
Driver School Candidate

very cool. thanks brother.
Old 05-08-11, 08:14 PM
cwazyguy22
Driver School Candidate

So, I sent Jeff a msg on the forum but he hasn't checked in for a while. ANd I wantd to get my windows tinted and my tails smoked bad and in a hurry. So...I just looked up nearby tint shops. Came across Cool Window Tinting in Steilacoom. Seemed like they had a stellar reputation. I knew Mike was overcharging me but his whole schpiel about how he does impeccable work and uses only the best materials got me to let my guard down. Went with it. Good work, but after he finished the lock on my left door was ****ed up. You know how you shift to drive and it automatically locks? Well mine started clicking and fluttering. Went back to show him and apparently it was jammed because a wire slipped out or something. So he fixed it. He told me he'd done dozens of cars like mine but towards the end of the job he kept complaining about what a ***** it was and how hard it was and how he should have charged me more and this was the worst car he's ever done. Whatever. Job's done. He tells me not to touch the windows for five days because he wants to make super sure it dries properly because he doesn't want me coming back with my car and he's not going to touch my car again. It's now a week later and my driver side control won't roll down my passenger window. It's probably another wire somewhere that slipped or got pulled out but I'm not taking it back to him because who knows what'll get ****ed up next. Just wanted to vent a little cause I'm pretty pissed off. But if there's any point to this rant, there's two:

1.) DO NOT go to Mike at Cool Window Tinting if you drive any luxury imports such as Lexus or Benz, etc.

2.)Can someone please help me get a hold of Jeff at Imperial so I can get my tails smoked and hopefully...he knows how to help me fix my window at a decent cost.

Thanks a lot in advance guys...

P.S. If you don't wanna put his contact info on blast here, please just send me a PM, thanks.

Last edited by cwazyguy22; 05-08-11 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Add note

Quick Reply: Tint shops