Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Our next San Diego meet......

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-02, 09:31 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our next San Diego meet......

Hey guys,

It is about that time where we should plan to have a meet again in San Diego...... Based on what I have learned last time, I will make sure that we don't have a last minute decision of having 30+ cars driving to somewhere without a good map for everyone. (We almost got Ethan killed on the freeway..........)

Since there were many people who couldn't make it to the last meet on Saturday due to their work schedule, I am going to push for a Sunday meet this time. My idea is to meet at one of the vendor's place first so that we can get a free tech section on something.....maybe the invisible bra thingy......since I just had one done on my car.........

We can then all take a drive (big group drive is fun...get much attention on the road) to a cafe or restaurant for lunch.......
If time permits, we can then all cruise to some hot spots in San Diego....oh wait, what hot spots????? suggestion is needed at this point.....

Oh yeah.....date? people, I need some date suggestion......
Oct, 6,13,20,27....or
Nov. 3,10,17,24

Thanks

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 09-25-02 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-27-02, 01:39 AM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Roger - Great idea...promise I'll make it this time My vote is for the Oct 20th.

Did you get the X-Pel? I have the X-Pel hood, bumper and headlight/foglight kits out in the garage...waiting to after I take my car back in for the 30 day paint inspection before getting it installed.
Old 09-27-02, 02:59 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Mac,

Very similar to X-pel (same material) just with different installer Modern Image (MIS) since it is closer to me.

Make sure you protect the mirros as well. I have pretty much my whole front car covered with that expensive stuff, even my JDM grill.

I will contact all the local members and have them vote on a date first. A group cruise will be very cool.....you should have seen the last meet......30+ Lexus on highway 8...lol

Your *** better show up this time......I will not be so nice this time if you bail on us again.......heheee
Old 09-27-02, 04:19 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Gunner....

just a side note...where did you get the Xpel head light kit? and how much did it cost?

thanks
Old 09-27-02, 08:34 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Roger - I promise not to bail on you guys as long as the it takes place on or after October 20th. I already have plans for the 6th, and 13th

Will - I ordered my Xpel from their website. I believe it was $59.95 plus shipping. If you are thinking of getting it, consider getting it from one of the authorized installers, you should be able to get a better price...I didn't find this out until I had already ordered it
Old 09-28-02, 04:19 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be there
Old 09-30-02, 04:26 AM
M1LEXU5
Driver School Candidate

Default SAN DIEGO MEET

HELLO EVERY ONE I' VE ONLY BEEN HERE IN SAN DIEGO A MONTH AND A HALF I DROVE FROM NYC TO SAN DIEGO. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN MEETING CL MEMBERS FROM CALIFORNIA. I WISH WE COULD DO THIS MEET ON OCT 13 DUE TO FACT THAT I AM LEAVING TO MS ON THE OCT 15. PEACE.

M1LEXU5
Old 10-01-02, 03:53 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

M1Lexu5,

When you say you are leaving to MS, does it mean that you will be gone for a long time? When are you due back? Oct 13th seems a little too soon for us to organize this meet since I still need to PM everyone in San Diego area and wait for their response.

By the way, when you use all caps it means that you are shouting or yelling at everyone.......

Are you located in Miramar area?
Old 10-01-02, 04:01 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Are you located in the Miramar area?

I am in the Scripps Ranch, PQ, Mira Mesa triangle...right off of Mercy...

Tim
Old 10-01-02, 06:05 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Roger,
I will suggest any Sunday except the 20th. I will be in AZ for the Cowboys/Cardinals football game and will not be able to attend so help a brotha out.

Anyway, it sounds like a good idea. Suggestion we can roll to Hooters to eat after the vendor stop and park across the street in the mall parking lot. Plenty of room for all the rides.
Old 10-02-02, 02:57 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Tim,
There are many members located in those areas including myself. You should definitely try to come out and meet some CL members at the next meet.

Okay,
It seems like we should probably do this some time in November. It will give other members some lead way to arrange their schedules. Papa has my vote on the Hooters idea. Good food, good service, good view. By the way, which Hooters are you refering to? Mission Valley? Parking will be my biggest concern.

I will contact all the San Diego members through the email list that I have collected last time.

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 10-02-02 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-02-02, 11:11 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

make it mid november, because many of us are busy for either the SEMA or the vegas meet.
Old 10-02-02, 11:43 AM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

KAJU,

Yes, the Hooter's in Mission Valley. We could park right across the street in the Mall parking lot, hang out and eat and still be able to keep an eye on the rides.
Old 10-02-02, 01:36 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

We also should avoid Charger's home game. Mission Valley traffic is gonna suck when there is a Charger game.
Old 10-02-02, 01:56 PM
StylinGS300
Driver

Default San Diego Meet

Roger,

How about Nov. 10th. I'll be there after I get off work and I'll invite my co-worker that just bought an IS300 to the meet too. Btw, thanks for the email.

Patrick

Quick Reply: Our next San Diego meet......