Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Nov. 17th (Sunday) ClubLexus meet in San Diego.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 07:07 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if I can make it, I'm coming down from San Fran that day, maybe I can leave Saturday night... try atleast

for somewhere to eat? how about this place called Bamboo Hut? hehe its got good Island food (sushi, mahi mahi, spam , and teriyaki stuff)

plus the owners sister (who works there) drives a red SC400

its located just around Mira Mesa and Black Mtn Rd, in between the Autoparts store and the Bank of America (next to Wings and things)
Old 11-14-02, 12:38 PM
Lvangundy

Sounds good!

Still planning on trying to make it..
Old 11-14-02, 02:10 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by carnal_c30
I'm not sure if I can make it, I'm coming down from San Fran that day, maybe I can leave Saturday night... try atleast

for somewhere to eat? how about this place called Bamboo Hut? hehe its got good Island food (sushi, mahi mahi, spam , and teriyaki stuff)

plus the owners sister (who works there) drives a red SC400

its located just around Mira Mesa and Black Mtn Rd, in between the Autoparts store and the Bank of America (next to Wings and things)
Sorry, but I'd have to recommend against that place...

I've never had satisfactory service there. Not to mention, for the price of the food, its really not that top notch...

The scenery can be nice there though...

Tim
Old 11-14-02, 03:21 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by TimDimman

Sorry, but I'd have to recommend against that place...

I've never had satisfactory service there. Not to mention, for the price of the food, its really not that top notch...

The scenery can be nice there though...

Tim
I go there everytime I can when I'm in San Diego, I've always had good experiences there, and the food isnt the best( not bad at all though), but its always been a fun place to hang out, plus the girls are really nice to us
Old 11-14-02, 06:53 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

There are also some other restaurants around that area. La Salsa is right next to it. There is also a very good Vietnamese Pho place right behind it as well.

Don't worry guys, we will have plenty of places to go for lunch. The game plan is we will wait until everyone show up in a reasonable time, then we can decide where we want to eat. It seems like this Sunday should be a pretty nice day. We can always drive to the beach area to get something to eat as well.

I am expecting more new comers this time than our usual old SD crews. One of these days, I am going to try to get all you SD people to show up and no excuses from anyone.

See you guys on Sunday.
Old 11-14-02, 07:03 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by Kajukenbo
There are also some other restaurants around that area. La Salsa is right next to it. There is also a very good Vietnamese Pho place right behind it as well.

Don't worry guys, we will have plenty of places to go for lunch. The game plan is we will wait until everyone show up in a reasonable time, then we can decide where we want to eat. It seems like this Sunday should be a pretty nice day. We can always drive to the beach area to get something to eat as well.

I am expecting more new comers this time than our usual old SD crews. One of these days, I am going to try to get all you SD people to show up and no excuses from anyone.

See you guys on Sunday.
Wow Roger...you haven't been down there in a while That Bamboo Hut is where the La Salsa used to be...

What time will people start getting there?

Tim
Old 11-14-02, 07:24 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

People will probably start showing up around 1015 or so, give or take a few.
Old 11-17-02, 03:46 AM
MrSpiffy
Driver School Candidate

Alrighty...I'll for sure be there around 11-11:15. Not sure about my friend coming though, but at least I just finished cleaning the car. See everyone tomorrow.

~Jeron
Old 11-17-02, 04:47 AM
Lvangundy

Ye see everyone around 11 or 11:15..

hope you're all still there. =)
Old 11-17-02, 05:06 PM
MrSpiffy
Driver School Candidate

Nobody was there...I just got back a few min ago. How long did you guys wait b4 leaving??

~Jeron
Old 11-17-02, 05:59 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

hmmm we waited for awhile, I got there just before 11 I think and we were threr for a good 30-60 minutes- we went to Chilis to eat

sorry! next time I guess we should have contact numbers or something huh

nice to meet all of you guys... I had the only SC haha
Old 11-17-02, 06:28 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Jeron,

I was totally late and got there almost around 11:25 and we waited to 11:35 or so. Sorry we missed you. Next time, I will be sure to give you my contact number so that at least you can call me on my cell.

My fault, I apologize for all the troubles.

Roger
Old 11-17-02, 09:53 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh crap! Didn't realize there was a meet today. Good idea to have the e-mail list! It's not the forum I usually visit

Hope you had fun.
Old 11-18-02, 02:01 AM
Lvangundy

It was fun!

I'll post some of the pics including the infamous group shot!
Old 11-18-02, 03:19 AM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Nice seeing everyone again...

For the next meet if anyone is interested in a good long cruize, i have a pretty good one i was thinking about, which can take use from where ever we meet, past the wild animal park over to Ramona down to Santee and then from there where ever we want. This run will include twisties straits and free way's mostly one and two lanes through the canyons... very fun drive though.

Quick Reply: Nov. 17th (Sunday) ClubLexus meet in San Diego.....