Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Nov. 17th (Sunday) ClubLexus meet in San Diego.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-02, 03:08 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nov. 17th (Sunday) ClubLexus meet in San Diego.....

Hi guys,

I just wanted to get this thread started as per Papa's suggestion so that we can get some idea what we want to do........

If anyone of you have any suggestion please free to post. I am hoping to have some more detail after the "get-together" on Oct. 26th.

The following are some of the suggstions that have been brought up....

CarbonIS300:
"You know the last meet i went to in OC was a BBQ meet, it has been so far the most fun meet yet. we all chilled drank and ate then after wards we went on a cruize to Area51 Performance.
something like that would be tight."

Kajukenbo:
"BBQ, I like it. However, it will require members to help out. What if we try to have catering service since we will have some $$$ coming from BobBaker Lexus...
Unfortunately, I don't know any big aftermarket performance shop down in San Diego except Pan's motorsports......(nothing like AREA51 around here)."

CarbonIS300:
"No but I think if Pan saw the support or strength of the Lexus aftermarket crowd it might prompt them to do a little restructuring . At any rate if you want to have it catered seeing as I was a banquet chef for 5 years I have a couple of suggestions that seems expensive but is classy and will turn out reasonable over all. Prime rib expensive as hell yes but if you buy a halve side which would normally feed only about 5 to 6 people, however that same amount is more then enough to feed 30 if we have them make prime rib sandwich’s they slice the meat thin very thin, done this way not only is it classy, economical, and tastes good it feeds five times the amount that it normally would. Hell I will even bring the extra hot horseradish."

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 10-24-02 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-24-02, 03:51 PM
Static911

How about ClubLexus pays for the food?

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 10-24-02 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-24-02, 07:03 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

AMEN.....wow, Thanks Ethan.

Okay, now let's assume that $$$ is not a problem since Bob Baker Lexus and CLUB LEXUS will cover for the food expense. We will definitely need to determine a good location and hang out spot for us to meet.

One thing about having a professional catering service is that we need to reserve a location somewhere. Reserving a location means more $$$....

What if we pre-order the food, then we can just transport those pre-cooked food to our meeting location. If for some reason the spot is taken, we will have the flexibility to move. I will look into some local restaurant for their catering service. Hey, how about some authentic Hawaiian food since San Diego is known for its weather like Hawaii? maybe some hula girls as well....???? (I know a local Hawaiian restaurant owner and maybe he can hook us up....)

Either way, I need people to rsvp to this thread......

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 10-24-02 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-24-02, 07:33 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Yo Kaju, you know I'm in!

We might be able to find a spot down at Mission seeing as the weather is cooling off. The cooler it gets the less people rollin to the beach area.

Just another passing thought.
Old 10-24-02, 08:01 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

LOCATION, I need LOCATION, people.
Old 10-24-02, 08:16 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Alright already....How about just over the bridge on the right. Which would put us in the parking lot on the same side as that hotel down there at the beach.

Last edited by PAPASMURF; 10-24-02 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-25-02, 02:10 AM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

I posted this in the other forum also but posted it again so as not to confuse people.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I think if Pan saw the support or strength of the Lexus aftermarket crowd it might prompt them to do a little restructuring. At any rate if you want to have it catered seeing as I was a banquet chef for 5 years I have a couple of suggestions that seems expensive but is classy and will turn out reasonable over all. Prime rib expensive as hell yes but if you buy a halve side which would normally feed only about 5 to 6 people, however that same amount is more then enough to feed 30 if we have them make prime rib sandwich’s they slice the meat thin very thin, done this way not only is it classy, economical, and tastes good it feeds five times the amount that it normally would. Hell I will even bring the extra hot horseradish.

Did you guys decide where you are planning to have the meet at?
Old 10-25-02, 02:11 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Carbon,

I don't think Pan opens on Sunday. I know, I am kind of regretting it for setting this event on a Sunday. All the people that I thought might show up due to their Saturday working schedule are probably not going to be able to make on Sunday either......

People,
Should we change it to on a Saturday? Nov. 16th?

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 10-25-02 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-26-02, 04:52 AM
IS300_white
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either date is fine with me ...16th or 17th.

Hawaiian food sounds good with me, too.
Old 10-26-02, 05:59 AM
GS3-Kid858
Driver

hey roger I can't make the meet tomorrow because I have to goto my grandpapa birthday party but will definitely try to make the Nov. meet sorrie

P.S. Try not to have too much fun

ted
Old 10-27-02, 01:35 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Hi guys,

If I don't get enough intereste/reply for this meet, I think we will cancel it until next year when the weather gets a little better.

Thanks

Kaju
Old 10-27-02, 08:57 PM
StylinGS300
Driver

Originally posted by Kajukenbo
Roger,

Count me in. Any day is fine for me. How about Crown Point or the beach on the Princess Resort side? Both places has a lot of parking spaces.

Patrick
Old 10-28-02, 11:42 AM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

KAJU,
Lets just do this meet on the 16 or 17 Nov or whatever date is good. If the rest of the members show up good to go, if not then they can always make another one. The weather will be cool but it should still be nice.

Thats just my passing thought again.
Old 10-28-02, 01:47 PM
MrSpiffy
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Kajukenbo

This may sound kinda ghetto...but what about the old Modern Image parking lot in Mira Mesa?? The lot is awesome for meets; that's where I've had my past few w/ everythingcelica.com/newcelica.org. There was one recently with a turnout of around 85 and the lot worked wonderfully. All the surrounding business are closed on Sunday so we'd have the lot to ourselves. Plus is highly visible from the road so we usually get a few "drive throughs" during the day. It's also close to both freeways ( 805 & 15 ). Just a thought.

~Jeron

The lot:
Attached Thumbnails Nov. 17th (Sunday) ClubLexus meet in San Diego.....-dvc00935.jpg  
Old 10-29-02, 01:37 AM
IS300_white
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MrSpiffy

This may sound kinda ghetto...but what about the old Modern Image parking lot in Mira Mesa?? The lot is awesome for meets; that's where I've had my past few w/ everythingcelica.com/newcelica.org. There was one recently with a turnout of around 85 and the lot worked wonderfully. All the surrounding business are closed on Sunday so we'd have the lot to ourselves. Plus is highly visible from the road so we usually get a few "drive throughs" during the day. It's also close to both freeways ( 805 & 15 ). Just a thought.

~Jeron

The lot:
Hey, I like the idea ...except I don't know if the rest of the guys intended to pick a location closer to the beach. If nobody else has a suggestion, then I vote for this location

Quick Reply: Nov. 17th (Sunday) ClubLexus meet in San Diego.....