Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

1/17/03 Option Video Drift Ikaten in L.A., Ca

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-03, 08:44 PM
Mr A
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/17/03 Option Video Drift Ikaten in L.A., Ca

(please note, I apologize in advance if I have posted this in the wrong forum)
JAN 17th OPTION VIDEO IKATEN DRIFT EVENT
MAINSTREAM PRODUCTIONS ALONG WITH OPTION VIDEO WILL BE BRINGING YOU DIRECT FROM THE DRIFT MECCA OF JAPAN:

1* AKIRA IIDA, PRO DRIVER for the GT 500 race series and the driver for the RAYBRIG NSX and the TAISAN SUPRA

2. NOMU-KEN - The craziest character from OPTION video and the driver of the Blitz D1 Drift Skyline will also attend and drift at this private event.

3. DAI INADA - The godfather of Option Magazine as well as the test driver of demo cars going over 300km for Option Video.

4. "TARZAN" YAMADA - The wildest of the bunch and the "*****-out" driver for A'PEXi drag Integra and Skyline.

These fabulous four will be attending this private drift event and will be shooting footage for the upcoming OPTION video and OPTION magazine...

Date: January 17th
Time: Unrevealed.

So, why is it a private event? Quite simply put, it's a video shoot. Not a lightly organized meet of car people. We're attempting to keep this as fun but professional as possible.

Jan 17th tickets for the OPTION VIDEO SHOOTING and IKATEN DRIFT COMPETITION IS ON SALE!
TICKETS ARE $20.00 and SOLD IN VERY LIMITED AMOUNT AND SURE TO SELL OUT QUICK!
MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM EARLY OR THEY WILL BE SOLD OUT!
A limited amount of PRESALE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THESE TICKET OUTLETS:
South Bay Area:
MAINSTREAM PRODUCTIONS
22125 ˝ South Vermont Ave.
Torrance, CA. 90502
Phone: 310-782-0500
* Tickets available for sale: M-F 9AM-7PM (please ask for Alex)
San Gabriel Valley Area:
TG Race Designs
8 East Park Street
Alhambra, CA. 91801
Phone: 626-308-1181
* Tickets available for sale: M-SAT 11AM-7PM
We will be shooting the spectator gallery as well as the drift competitors!
To avoid “unticketed spectators” coming to the event site and causing a nuisance and distraction for the Option Video” filing to go smoothly, we are still not disclosing the venue and will post the event location on this website on the day of Jan 17th. We have staff and security keeping a lockdown at the front gate and ANYBODY THAT IS NOT AS INVITED DRIFTERS OR SPECTATORS WITHOUT A PRESALE TICKET WILL BE TURNED AWAY… NO EXCEPTIONS
Please excuse our late notice, as OPTION informed us not too long ago.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Regards,
Alex Arai
Mainstream Productions, LLC
Old 01-13-03, 07:37 PM
Mr A
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE:
For those of you outside of the L.A. area, who CANNOT make it to pick up tickets prior to the event, please note the following:

For tickets, Send only Money order (no personal check) to:
Mainstream Productions
attn. Ticketing
22125 1/2 South Vermont
Torrance CA 90502

make money order payable to: Mainstream Productions

Send package PRIORITY MAIL SO IT GETS HERE BY WED!

Please call ahead to let me know, and verify that we have tickets available. If you have already called and reserved, please call once the money order is sent, that way I know to expect it.

Thanks, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Alex Arai
Old 01-14-03, 08:19 PM
Mr A
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE!!!!
Heads up folks, we are SOLD OUT. A small list is started for those of you who call now, in case an extra amount of tickets are acquired, or reservations cancelled. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I'm honest with you that some may back out who haven't picked up their tickets.

For those of you who called and can't come in person to pay cash for tickets, check your email ASAP. I need you to send me a money order for the total amounts you requested, and I need them ASAP. If for some reason, we're unable to work something out with you, I need you to call the office and speak to us, give us a definite word you'll make it. If not, then I can free up some of these reservations for those people who are calling last minute. So please send out that money order ASAP, express, so that it will be in my hands by thursday. Any questions, any comments? Call the office. Thanks.

Thanks to all that have shown interest, those of you who have stopped by and purchased, I look forward to seeing all of you this Friday!

IMPORTANT: There are no exceptions, none, what-so-ever, for the following rules:
Still photo cameras are the only types allowed. ABSOLUTELY, NO VIDEO. So, please, if you have a video camera, leave it at home, or it may be confiscated at the event and returned once it is over. Digital Still cameras are allowed. Anything I missed? Assume it's not allowed, or call the office.

The 15 and the Ikaten 35 list will be contacted tomorrow, Wednesday, January 15, 2003. For those of you on the list there will be a mandatory driver's meeting prior to the event, so it might be a good idea that you show up atleast 2 hours in advance.

Time of the event will be from 4pm to 8pm. Drivers, around 2pm.

Location is still not revealed.

Thanks folks! See you on Friday.

Sincerely,
Alex Arai