Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.
View Poll Results: Where should we go?
San Gabriel --> Garden Cafe (Valley and Garfield)
25.00%
San Gabriel --> Baccari Cafe (also Valley and Garfield)
0%
San Gabriel --> Chuan Tong Plaza, the one with the chinese department store and etc. (Valley and Del Mar)
0%
Rowland Heights --> Garden Cafe (Colima and Fullerton)
8.33%
Rowland Heights --> Garden Cafe (Colima and Fullerton)
0%
Rowland Heights --> Life Plaza (in Diamond Plaza, Fullerton and Gale right off the 60)
0%
other places (please specify)
66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Vote on LOCATION of the meet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-01, 07:02 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, vote on the location of the meet. Mainly two areas: San Gabriel Valley and Rowland Heights.
Old 03-30-01, 12:31 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default How about...

making a little tour out of the meet instead...here' a little tour that we can take (this is off the top of my head)..it's a very nice scenic route...

We can hook up somewhere in Los Angeles (like say Downtown LA), we can cruise through Hollywood, cut over the hill (by Jay Leno's house) and come across to..well, like "The Valley" dude...

We'll then catch the 101 West and go to Tujunga Canyon, head South and connect to Mullholand and take Mulloland (canyon road folks!) to the "Rock Store" (a VERY popular place to meet on Sunday for Motorcylist...both Sport Bikes and Harleys). We can take a brake, stretch, get a drink and a snack, enjoy the view of the canyons and the bikes (if we go on a Sunday...and Jay might even been there...I used to him there all the time...nice guy actually).

From the "Rock Store" we'll contiune on through a TIGHT TWISTY canyon up to Kanan Road, we bust a left and take Kanan Road (a fast loose canyon) down until it ends at PCH...now we're in Malibu.

From here, can go south down PCH through Malibu (Slowly...Sheriffs are *********) and start thinking about lunch (VERY IMPORTANT) ...or we can continue and go pass the old Getty Museum, through Pacific Palisades (where Gladstone's is) and into Santa Monica. There are a lot of places to eat here too...

From there, we can cruise back east towards Westwood (UCLA area), cruise through Beverly Hills, through West LA (some people may want to stop here, I don't.) and back through Hollywood. We can kick back in Hollywood and decide if we want to go to dinner or just split up and go our separate ways....

Ok...that was my two cents...
Old 03-30-01, 10:26 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhh... u can't have a meet at most of these locations. First, the parking lots are too small and crowded during the times you have suggested. u need something more empty like a park or an old mall that many people go to anymore. u can meet in the puente hills mall for example in one of the more empty lots ( not outside amc) or the park across teh street of the mall. another idea is to hit up an old drive in or something lots of space and don't have to worry about anyone throwing you out.

my 2cents

Arthur
Old 03-30-01, 11:44 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question i hope i am correct

correct me if i am wrong, Globe is trying to org a mini meet, considering the limited time frame of allowance.
though it would be very nice to go for manaray's plan and do a city tour. i actually never been to theose palce. lA is a large city; makes me feel like i do not get out much after i settlled down with my babe.

as far as the time and parking consideartion, we could choose a time to avoid the lunch crowd, maybe 11:00, or 2:00.
Old 03-31-01, 12:04 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Ok maybe we need to put more thoughts into this. Maybe we need to push the date back even more and put more thoughts into this before actually setting a date.

Inputs welcome.
Old 03-31-01, 12:08 AM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
Ok maybe we need to put more thoughts into this. Maybe we need to push the date back even more and put more thoughts into this before actually setting a date.

Inputs welcome.
Alright I am in. Lets set this up big with a shop that has a dyno, goodies to look at for all Lexus model and a sponsor or sponsors to make this a successful event.

We need to make it in late April or early May. I need some volunteers to help set this up. Post here for those that can help.
Old 03-31-01, 02:09 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by mkilty

Alright I am in. Lets set this up big with a shop that has a dyno, goodies to look at for all Lexus model and a sponsor or sponsors to make this a successful event.

We need to make it in late April or early May. I need some volunteers to help set this up. Post here for those that can help.

Michael:

THOUGHT YOU live on the EAST COAST!?!? What~ Am I missing something here~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-31-01, 06:23 AM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Me? I live in Glendale. You mean you never saw my my car at the import showoffs either.

I am actually setting up a meet with TRD as the host. It looks like they want to sponsor the ClubLexus meet so it should be a good one.

I am waiting for the confirmation from them on date/time and will let everyone know ASAP.

Now let me know if you can help me set this up.

Thanks,
Old 03-31-01, 10:29 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

umm...any chance of a late may meet??
i know a lot of us younger boys are out of town at school right now and might be able to attend after our finals. small request

arthur
Old 03-31-01, 01:17 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by mkilty
Me? I live in Glendale. You mean you never saw my my car at the import showoffs either.

I am actually setting up a meet with TRD as the host. It looks like they want to sponsor the ClubLexus meet so it should be a good one.

I am waiting for the confirmation from them on date/time and will let everyone know ASAP.

Now let me know if you can help me set this up.

Glendale huh, quite far away from the East Coast
Old 03-31-01, 10:59 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default meeting!

yes i love Manaray's idea about a tour,but wolfy187 brought up some good points as well, most of these cafe's are near supermarkets and are crowded and packed especially during lunch time and there parking lots are way too small, the Puente Hills Mall always great amount of parking space and is empty all the time except for weekends, and another good point wolf187 brought up was that i am still in school and finals is coming up, but what ever you guys decide on i am all for it!
Old 04-01-01, 05:36 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Meeting...

Well it depends all on how many heads are going. If 5 or less, I don't think it would be a problem...if it's like 10 or so, then yes, it would be an issue.

I just think a tour would be more than fun than just sitting in a parking lot. There are many places to meet in the Valley also. Lots of dead space out there.

We could also go the other route and take a route through Angeles Crest and end up at Newcomb's ranch (little resturant with enough parking for like 20 cars...) and I don't think it'll be that busy....especially on a Saturday...

Eh, but whatever...Hey Mike, you can count me in if you need some help...
Old 04-01-01, 10:40 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

If you think they would be 5 heads only, lets throw more heads into it by planning the whole thing completely.

Yes the places I've mentioned are really kinda crowded. Because weeks ago when people were talking about the meet there were less than 6 or 7 heads and everyone lived around that area so I was like okay. Now since it's going to be alot bigger then we can do alot more.
Old 04-03-01, 02:02 PM
Oxybeles

Exclamation

Somewhere in Orange County would be better!
Old 04-04-01, 12:00 AM
GSAristo
Driver

Lightbulb

I agree with Oxybeles, somewhere in Orange County would be better... say the Anaheim area? Anyone heard/been to Dromo1 - the indoor cart racing place off of Ball and the 57 fwy. They have a big parking lot and we can race after/during the meet (though not in our Lexi). I'm sure we can find someplace to eat around there. Last time my buddies and I went to Benihana's for all you can eat sushi! Hmmm... ClubLexus meet, Dromo1 racing, Beni's. What do you think?

Quick Reply: Vote on LOCATION of the meet!