Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

6/21/2003 carson meet recap – the norcal way

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-03, 11:06 AM
MarkMacGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So we take off from church and jump back on the I-5 to hook up with the fellas at Magic Mountain. Dude! Traffic is killing us again! On a Sunday Morning! Freakin' LA!!!! So we hack our way through the LA freeway system with no map and get from Norwalk to the 5/405 merge in only 30 minutes. Of course I didn't listen to Mike's worthless suggestions at this point.

Good lunch in Valencia and we are back on I-5. Yes! The black accord was an aZZhole. Dude cut me and Xerox off like weren't even there. He finally notices we are in a caravan when Xerox cuts him and I blast by his aZZ one time. He doesn't want to play and hides back a couple of car lengths for maybe 30 minutes. Finally he sees the opening and takes to about 100, I see the move and I'm already accelerating even before he passes me. You can tell he's really try to punch it but that Accord was running out of breath and the GS wasn't even breaking a sweat. I get close enough to his bumper I can see his frightened passengers peeing in there pants. Dude in the back seat is screaming something and looking back at me like I was going to kill him. Too bad other cars were in the way cuz I really wanted to smoke his punkaZZ even more. Now normally I wouldn't even give an Accord a second look but this guy was the worst driver out of all the bad drivers we seen all day, including the white BMW wagon lady, you biotch!

RMMGS4- Thanks for putting this together and keep those toyota-driving paparazzi at bay!
LexSC400 - Dude, have fun in Europe and can't wait to see how the SC gets fixed back up.
Jawnthen - You were like the lurker in back that kept everyone straight during the drive.
Xerox - Thanks for bumming me those smokes on the way home, I was chompin on Certs and Altoids the whole way home to get rid of the smoke breath before the lady kicked my dumbaZZ
RominL - Can't wait to see you videos and pictures. Your car was lookin sweet with the new body!
RMaestas - You and your lady are hella cool! Hope you enjoyed your break-in drive of the TIENs!
BlueIS- Dude, you need to get a walkie-talkie, you missed out on hella stuff! But your car was absolutely shining !
Hermosa - A valentine1 purchase would probably be your next best mod! Leadfoot!

Peace and much love to everyone, as I originally thought, the cruise and caravan would and were the highlights of the weekend. See ya'll again soon!

-MarkMac
Old 06-24-03, 12:09 PM
xerox
Rookie

Originally posted by rominl
The accord was probably the most fun. We were all lined up in the fast lane one by one, and he just snap into the fast lane right in front of markmac without signaling. Man you should have seen how mad markmac was. So finally we all got in front of that accord again, and he decided to pull to the back. And I believe he got in front of Xerox and jawnthen too pissing them off. After a while that accord was trying to do about 100+ blowing by the slow lane….. well, he was happy for maybe 2 seconds, then markmac jumped to his butt and pulled all the way with the accord, with Xerox and jawnthen chasing down all the way. That accord was totally scared I tell you. Playing with us gs4 is no fun I warn ya
the accord must've went

that was the most fun i've had in awhile, too bad that jeep cut off jonathan.. but i was able to make a run and catch up with the accord again

I think it was Rich, Jonathan and me chasing him down though.. not sure, but he cut me off first, then cut someone else off, before Jonathan just blasts him away, then I shortly took off as well as rich to join the chase

Last edited by xerox; 06-24-03 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-24-03, 02:18 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are killing me! You heard the saying , "You don't know what your missing". Well, you all are making sure I DO know what I missed. Wish I could have gone. Next time...
Old 06-24-03, 02:19 PM
blueblueIS
Driver School Candidate

ho ho ho... im here.
the trip was AWESOME, we managed to average at about 90, with occasional burst at 130+.
going down, it was cool. i had radio.
going up, sounds like i missed every friggin' thing!
i had to guess wtf was going on the whole time. i ended up saying f* it, and stayed behind everyone.

another caravan to somewhere nice? count me in.
Old 06-25-03, 12:19 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Sounds so incredibly awesome! Caravans, 130 mph, walkie-talkies, V1 detectors....makes me wish that I wasn't so close to Carson.

I felt the heartache when I saw LexSC400 and Xerox's cars.
Old 06-25-03, 08:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by siniquezu
Sounds so incredibly awesome! Caravans, 130 mph, walkie-talkies, V1 detectors....makes me wish that I wasn't so close to Carson.

I felt the heartache when I saw LexSC400 and Xerox's cars.
well, of course you have to factor in the factique too
Old 06-25-03, 11:22 AM
r.maestas
Driver

Originally posted by MarkMacGS4
" My fiance has the greatest news when we hook back up that morning. I'm gonna be a Dad! Oh man, our first!
Mark...CONGRATS BRO!!! what a ride u r in for!!! we are only 2 months into our daughter's life, and it has its ups and downs...but at the end of the day...I feel whole...(not to be confused with hole)

later,
rolo
Old 06-25-03, 11:54 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey r.maestas,

How was your ride back compared to your ride down? Did you play with the EDFC during the ride?
Old 06-25-03, 01:13 PM
MarkMacGS4
Pole Position

Originally posted by r.maestas
Mark...CONGRATS BRO!!! what a ride u r in for!!! we are only 2 months into our daughter's life, and it has its ups and downs...but at the end of the day...I feel whole...(not to be confused with hole)

later,
rolo
Thanks alot Rolo! Man...I got too many things going on right now..wedding, baby, new house. And I still need to get those TEINs and roof spoiler for the Lex.

How do you like your TEINS?

-Mark
Old 06-25-03, 02:37 PM
r.maestas
Driver

Fellas fellas fellas...

my opinion is only secondary to my beautiful wife's...she was highly impressed. The ride back could have been better...we had so much frickin weight in the back...i have no idea when we accumulated so much stuff!!! regardless...i could tell a big difference...for the better. I told rominl ealier, coilovers are awesome, but with the EDFC...*****IN SWEET!!! I am so happy we did not 'just settle', we went all out on this one...and it was well worth it!!!

So this week I am 'testing' the Teins. yeah thats it...'testing'!!!
Old 06-26-03, 09:05 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: The evening after

Originally posted by RMMGS4
We went over to Todd's to wait for the completion of the Tein install in r.maestas car. It was a loooong day. Most of us had not slept for around 36 hours and we were totally out of it. We had some pizza and then BOOM , most of us conked out.

There were bodies all over TM engineering. It looked like one of Saddam's gas bombs had exploded in the area. Several bodies lay lifeless and didn't move whatsoever. One on the couch others slumpped in their cars looking like they were fatal accident victims.
Saddam's gas bombs...oh yes that's EXACTLY what it looked like!!

Many thanks everyone for visiting, too bad we couldn't have been better hosts, but of course we were busy bees working on Rolando's car. Next time we'll have better food ready for everybody and hopefully more entertainment! The spies already saw our little worktruck eh?

Definitely thanks to Ava and Rolando, hopefully we can work on your car again some time!

Thanks to Neo as well for the business!!!

Hermosa was no where to be found until we were already leaving for home. I guess that gave him a good excuse to try and catch us going 120mph and passing people on the shoulder of the road ! ! He finally caught up with us at Harris Ranch, about 2 hours later.
Yeah, where the heck did this guy disappear to anyways???!!!???!!!

I think Xerox got the best gift of all...one of my coat hangers

Last edited by DoubleWhoosh; 06-26-03 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-26-03, 11:53 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: The evening after

The trip sounded like a blast. Sorry I couldn't make it w/ you guys. Maybe next year. I had to take an extra day to get work done @ TM. It was a good thing since I didn't know rolo was getting stuff done the day after. Todd had a reminder/practice Flex install so he was ready for you rolo.

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Thanks to Neo as well for the business!!!
You know there's more coming. With my current setup, my wife actually does not mind taking the GS for trips now. The ride back was definitely different (better) than the ride down. All I need now are EDFC for his & her settings and DVD/headrests monitors. After that, the MDX will only have space advantage but we can work around that.
Old 06-27-03, 12:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hey hey neo and rolando, who do you guys have to thank huh? j/k, i am glad you guys found todd's service awesome now you guys know why i am willing to drive 350 miles down to LA just for pretty much any install on my car. it's worth it
Old 06-27-03, 09:32 AM
xerox
Rookie

Default Re: Re: The evening after

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
I think Xerox got the best gift of all...one of my coat hangers
ill probably end up going back down there to you again in august to get my exhaust, suspension and body kit installed in august in addition to the coat hanger!

Last edited by xerox; 06-27-03 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-27-03, 11:40 AM
r.maestas
Driver

Originally posted by rominl
hey hey neo and rolando, who do you guys have to thank huh? j/k, i am glad you guys found todd's service awesome now you guys know why i am willing to drive 350 miles down to LA just for pretty much any install on my car. it's worth it
come on now Henry...you know its TM's excellent service and quality. but you know you REALLY love the ride back!!!

Last edited by r.maestas; 06-27-03 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: 6/21/2003 carson meet recap – the norcal way