Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

PO'ed at Westminster Lexus!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-03, 09:40 AM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO'ed at Westminster Lexus!

Need to vent...here's the story:

Called them last Friday to schedule an appointment to have my car fullly detailed on Saturday, was told that they were booked so they scheduled me for the following Saturday @ 9:00 am (which is today). They had a special on the full detail for $129 (regular $179). The special ends at the end of July, so I called them yesterday to make sure that I will still get the special price since the month had ended and I didn't want to drive 30-40 minutes to pay full price (I figure if I pay $179+tax, I might as well just call a mobil detail company to come to my house). After some hassle about the special being expired, the rep spoke with the manager and the manager approved it. Cool right? No....

I wake up early this morning and drive there. Took me about 35 minutes, which was what I expected. I get there, told the girl who was writing up the orders (don't know what their job title is), anyway, I told her about the special price and all. She goes to check and talks to some guy and comes back and what does she tell me?

"Sorry, we do not do details on Saturdays, but we can wash your car"!!

WTF! I could've driven 5 minutes to get my car washed! Why would they schedule me for Saturday if they didn't do details?? I mean, even if the service guy didn't know (I called twice), after asking the manager for the approval, the manager should've known!

Anyway, just wanted to vent. I feel better now...gonna go to Longo Toyota to get me some StarBucks!!
Old 08-02-03, 11:57 AM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Sounds like their left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

BTW, I just purchased from Westminster Lexus and have nothing but good things to say about them!
Old 08-02-03, 12:04 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Proving once again that the Sales department and the Service department of any given dealership are entirely independent.......
Old 08-02-03, 02:28 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.... I would talk to the service manager in person and tell him how upset you are. You might just get a free oil change out of it.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 08-02-03 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-02-03, 06:22 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Went to Westminster Lexus twice for service...... both times I was pissed off enough to just walk away. (I was stupid enough not to learn the 1st time.)
Old 08-03-03, 08:49 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
Went to Westminster Lexus twice for service...... both times I was pissed off enough to just walk away. (I was stupid enough not to learn the 1st time.)

i second that! they sucks ****. If anyone wants good detailing, i know an excellent mobile detailing guy.
Old 08-03-03, 10:30 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

m-t..could not agree more.. ..sad but true...

rookie..

could have stop by my place on your way to longo..i could have detailed your ride for you..for..$100..with two coats of wax at no extra cost
Old 08-03-03, 11:22 AM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GS4Will

rookie..

could have stop by my place on your way to longo..i could have detailed your ride for you..for..$100..with two coats of wax at no extra cost
Geez, I won't spend $179 only for detailing, it's better to detail yourself and only costs hurting your back a lil bit
However, for Will's $100 offer for detailing and waxing, I think that is a good deal and sounds more reasonable..
Old 08-03-03, 12:24 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

If in doubt, always go to LONGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 08-03-03, 08:07 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GS4Will

rookie..

That sounds like a great deal to me. Do you have a shop Will? Maybe you can PM me with details or list the info here for other members.
Old 08-04-03, 10:47 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb

Call and talk to Dept. manager....or find out who it was when you called them and made an appt. You should definitely file a complaint in writing or over the phone. I WOULD !!!!

About detailing.......Do it yourself. Never know what they'll do to your car !!!!

JAY
Old 08-04-03, 01:55 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought 2 cars from them, no hassle and a great price. My wife has taken her car there for service multiple times and is not happy with them at all! They seem to ****** something up or forget to do something every time...
Old 08-04-03, 04:11 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Bought my car from Westminster Lexus, took my car there 3x to get it serviced and EVERYTIME is walked out of there PO'ed at them. Their service sucks, they don't know what they are talking about, and always tell you lies. I think the ladies in the internet department are cute though......Go to Longo Lexus, I drive 50 mins to get my car serviced at Longo even though I live 2 mins from Tustin Lexus.
Old 08-05-03, 09:55 PM
Ex996
Lead Lap

Not sure where you are in CA, but there is a phenomenal detail shop called Black Cars Only (although they will detail any color of course) on Santa Monica Blvd at Beverly Glen (just off 405- next to Century City). I had my black GS color sanded and detailed this week and it is SHOWROOM. Actually, it looks BETTER than when I bought it. It's normally $400 but I talked the owner Dwayne down to $300. That included engine as well. He had 4 guys working on it at once. They did my black 911 and my black 5 series and I have been extremely satisfied.

BTW, is any service situation it doesn't hurt to bring along a twelver of Corona and give it to the guys. Doesn't mean they're going to drink on the job, but a little bit of kindness (before they start work) goes a long way for guys that are sweating their butts off working on your baby.

BTW normal detail there is $150.

Last edited by Ex996; 08-05-03 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-05-03, 11:22 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Ex996
...on Santa Monica Blvd at Beverly Glen (just off 405- next to Century City)...
Holy cow, that's only a few miles from my office! Do you have their address or number?

Quick Reply: PO'ed at Westminster Lexus!