Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

dealer damaged my car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-03, 07:42 PM
JWgs430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer damaged my car!

i went to the dealer today(mission viejo lexus) because my gs 430 had problems starting. it turns out to be the battery so it was replaced under waranty, saving me about a 100 dollars. since i was there, i asked them to to a oil change as well. i have the rod millen kit and lowered on 19 and teins cs. the car is low, but i have had no problems going up lifts if the person is careful. anyway, i specifically told the dealer that it was low and to be careful putting on the lift. it even stats on the work order that if they can not get it on the lift without damaging the bumper, do not do it. it turns out they damage my bumper on the bottom driver side, not by trying to get it on the lift, but by hitting the side of the lift go figure. ( i just got it painted last week and had xpel installed. they are fixing it but what a pain in the butt. this is also the second time THIS dealer has damged my car! i called coporate to complain, but they said they will call the dealers service manager i don't think that call will prevent future incidents of this sort. what do guys think i should do? any suggetions would be appreciated
thanks
Old 09-09-03, 07:59 PM
usmarines
Driver

hey all i can say at least they are fixing where as if you were at another dealership(Manufacturer) would give you a run around.

ALI
United States Marine Corps
Old 09-09-03, 08:23 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Don't go back there and go to Longo Lexus. They would be more careful after you tell them what had happened at your current dealer. Better yet, go to any Lexus dealer and tell them what happened. That's the best advice I can give.
Old 09-09-03, 09:15 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default JWGS430

Hey,
We are neighbors. When I took my GS3 in to fix an oil leak (give a guy a break, it's a'94), the service manager called me at work and admitted to me that they bumped one of my HRE 448Rs up against a rack. This was after I had specifically asked them to be careful. They are not always careful, it seems, but they fixed my problem to my satisfaction and I was appreciative of their honesty. ***** happens. I have a friend who is a UTI grad and a top-notch tech at Fletcher Jones Mercedes. He is a big car guy and is very careful with customers' cars. He treats them like they are his. Not all techs are like that and people make mistakes. MV Lexus owned up to the damage on my car and they fixed it. Life is inconvenient. These guys actually minimized the inconvenience for me and they gave me a freakin' loaner car on an 8 year old car in for service, so I didn't think they were too bad at the end of the day.
Old 09-09-03, 10:17 PM
JWgs430
Rookie

i am very happy that they were honest and told me what happend and that they are also fixing the problem asap, and for that i give them credit. what bugs me is that i told them the car is lower and they need to be careful. this is the second time in a row that they have damaged the front bumper. last time, when the tech took it for a test drive, he smacked the front end leaving the complex, and that had to be repainted. 1st time accident, understanable, two visits in a row, that i think shows negligence on their behalf. i don't think i will be going back to this dealer. i know my car is low, but tires shops and alignment shops get the car on lifts without a problem. they just need to be a little more careful that all.
Old 09-10-03, 07:00 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

JW, if feel you on this, even though it hasn't happened to me, thanks to a great dealer Hennessey Lexus in Gwinnett, GA and an awesome Lexus tech and GS owner NUUM!! They baby my car and it has a full kit and is prepped for car shows. That's the way a Lexus should be taken care of, especially if you plan ahead and request that they be extra careful because of your mods. So, at least your dealer is taking care of their mistakes, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.