Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

San Diego Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-03, 08:29 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it was fun playing hide and seek with CHP! Definitly had some nice rides out there too bad we couldn't make the run happen with all of us.

Whitels sorry we lost track of you in the scramble partner, I wish we had radios or at least each others cell #'s that way we could have kept track better. Hope to see you at the Nov 8th meet which will be a lot (should I say) calmer.

Persian and Thom good to run with you guys all afternoon. Was cool hitting the canyon and runnin thru some turns. Persian, hope you get your brake status fixed, cause you were smokin pretty good!

Thom make sure you post some picks, too bad you didn't get one of me and the CHP officer havin our little chat. Oh and I'll be sure to take that tint off ! YEA RIGHT!

Anyway, you all be good and be safe, will hook up again for the Irvine meet on the 8th.

Peace.
Old 10-19-03, 09:22 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should have got some pictures of those brakes smoking... lol... too bad they were smoking, because I was all over that mountain on teh way down... god I love the new springs.. its a whole different world..

thsoe S-2000 were sick.. too bad they couldnt roll... maybe the CHP shoulda rolled with us... lets see those pictures Tom
Old 10-20-03, 08:03 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

You know where I ended up... I was following this group of S2Ks and ended up in a new housing tract in Murrieta. Turns out the home owner was the first S2K driver cited (we all saw this part as we approached the Park and ride). Lots of parked S2ks in the neighborhood streets and the entire community was probably wondering what's all this!!! The red SC also ended there, there was the silver 930, white MR2, blue WRX, and all the souped up S2Ks.

Anyway, they were radioing a bunch of other S2Ks to come to the house. The homeowners' wife was sent to the grocery to buy bread, eggs, and wine/beer. There's like 3 or 4 S2K drivers relating stories on what kind of tickets they received...mostly "fix-it" tickets.

The other S2Ks trickeled in later. I was hoping to see you folks arrive with those guys but NADA!. I misplaced Persian's cell so I couldn't call. As soon as the food was brought in the house, I decided to call it a day. The MR2 owner decided to stay for breakfast...he has a long trip home. Poor guy woke up at 3am driving from Santa Barbara.

Glad you ended up having fun. My ride-along nephew was so thrilled with the cops and all. But he came with me for the ride and enjoyed the little bursts of fast driving especially when everyone got excited whenever a CHP shows up in sight.

The S2K group I was with actually made it up to 4 miles to Palomar from the 15Fwy but decided to U-turn. I heard that they were tipped that a CHP is waiting in Palomar. A maroon 350Z decided to just proceed ahead but since I had no radio, I joined the S2Ks. It was a blast driving down the 4 miles to the 15fwy. I was right behind the S2Ks and the GS seemed to hold up pretty good. The WRX following my tail was about 30 seconds behind as we reached the 15. The SC was closely on its tail.

Good run but very brief. You guys had a blast!

Here's the link to the S2000 "vent-it" page. http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=1

Anyway, you all have very nice, modded cars...I was envious! See you all in the Nov. Irvine meet.

Last edited by whitels; 10-20-03 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-20-03, 06:17 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pics pls.
Old 10-20-03, 07:04 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by whitels
Here's the link to the S2000 "vent-it" page. http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=1

Those folks are really stressed! I don't know if we got set up or not but it was crazy how many CHP was in the area. I'm just glad we all got away and still had a good run up into the canyon.

Whitels, I wish we had hooked up with you cause I definitly could have ate some food! We stopped at this one spot up in the hills and it was cool but it sounds like you got the better of the deal.

Well hopefully our little get together on the 8th will be less eventful and we can just hang and chill.
Old 10-20-03, 07:09 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Last car...is that a LS?
Old 10-20-03, 10:15 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by retrodrive

Last car...is that a LS?
LOL.. yea thats me