Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Lexus Tuners or mechanics in Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-21, 01:48 PM
MattsSc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Tuners or mechanics in Oregon

Hello everybody I have a 1997 SC400 with almost 300,000 miles on it, seems to still be running smooth and overall is doing quite well but I am starting to notice small things that I don't have the answers to I might be overthinking it because I love the car but I'm wondering if there are any Lexus tuners or mechanics in the oregon portland area or around that area who have a good understanding of these cars because to be frank I have very little experience in working and diagnosing vehicle problems. Trying to keep it in good condition because its going to be my first project car when I have enough money saved up to build
Old 12-16-21, 03:33 PM
Riverguy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lexus repairs and maintenance in Portland, Oregon area?

I just jumped in to my favorite forum to discover that the listed categories now seem to have dropped us true believers who love our pre-2004 Lexus rides. My 2001 RX300 (I think of it as my luxury Jeep) has 160K miles, runs and drives like new, and my wife and I love this thing and have no desires to replace it. So seeing the many forum categories now stop at the 2004 RX series . . . kinda leaves us out in the cold.

Anyway, to address your question about service, repairs and such for your 1997 SC400 in the Portland, Oregon area, they can be handled by most shops that specializes in Japanese Cars, since Lexus and Toyota are really identical in most mechanical areas. When you need to buy parts yourself, many mechanical parts for Toyota and Lexus will even have the same part number and be way less money at the Toyota dealer. When you do get repairs done, good to ask the shop to use Toyota parts when applicable, and charge you accordingly!

Best of luck in finding a competent and honest repair shop for your ride. A good way if you're so inclined, is when you find an older Lexus around, like in the grocery store parking lot, and the car looks like it is well loved, ask the owner who takes care of it for them! I've done that when moving to a new area and it has yielded some great results. When you think you've found your shop, google it; look for reviews. Check BBB results, too. Trust, but verify!
The following users liked this post:
MattsSc400 (12-16-21)
Old 12-16-21, 10:59 PM
MattsSc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Riverguy good advice, appreciate it.