Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1992 SC400 Issues -- Not a car guy but have looked quite a bit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-23, 06:27 AM
JimmyApollo
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
That's why I said to research what's involved. If you don't learn this stuff, you'll continue getting taken to the cleaners at every turn. You obviously can't trust the people around you, or at least your interpretation of what they're recommending... The only viable alternative is to buy a new vehicle.

"it's 1200 Canadian to have it shipped." I was only going by what you wrote. I see now what you meant to say.

That's for purchasing a "new" one from them, not the cost to have yours serviced. That's a significantly more expensive route to go, for those who don't want the turnaround down time. You seem to be very good at selecting the most costly option and convincing yourself it's the only one available.

I'll leave the rest alone and exit the conversation, as I'm plenty familiar with how things work in Canada.
Lol, dude you're maybe functionally illiterate. You can reread my post, why don't you quote it given that's a forum too? Literally not what I said, but I suppose why trust Americans to be able to read more than 5 words lmao.

You told me to check Tanin electronics. You have an excess amount of chromosomes. Literally the resource YOU told me to use, otherwise is to go where? Ebay? which are similar prices and lesser guarantee? "picked the most expensive option" literally the option you sent you ****ing mongoloid.

Completely ignoring calling me a liar about the cost of my alternator lmao. Also you clearly know nothing about my country, because you're a dirty American. I'm done with this forum now.
Old 06-03-23, 06:29 AM
JimmyApollo
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
That's why I said to research what's involved. If you don't learn this stuff, you'll continue getting taken to the cleaners at every turn. You obviously can't trust the people around you, or at least your interpretation of what they're recommending... The only viable alternative is to buy a new vehicle.

"it's 1200 Canadian to have it shipped." I was only going by what you wrote. I see now what you meant to say.

That's for purchasing a "new" one from them, not the cost to have yours serviced. That's a significantly more expensive route to go, for those who don't want the turnaround down time. You seem to be very good at selecting the most costly option and convincing yourself it's the only one available.

I'll leave the rest alone and exit the conversation, as I'm plenty familiar with how things work in Canada.
"Plus, it being 900 USD means it's 1200 Canadian, plus whatever it'd cost to have it installed." just going by what I SAID, not what I meant. Absolutely braindead.
Old 06-05-23, 11:29 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

You can ship yours to Tanin to have it serviced for less money, you don't have to buy a new unit. I think that man was genuinely trying to help you, but with words like that I don't think you're going to find much help here.
The following 3 users liked this post by RudysSC:
DaveGS4 (06-05-23), Klapped96 (06-05-23), Tallyhoe (06-05-23)
Old 06-05-23, 11:41 AM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Was going to say the same thing. They Tanin don't advertise it anymore you have to email Tanin to get the form and for them to expect the ECU to arrive. They will issue you a service code or customer service number for tracking. They used to advertise it, but I haven't seen it since like 2020, I was awaiting a move, so I had to hurry up and wait to send mine in and again there was a link to the service. When I moved the like on their site was gone, so I reached out and asked them directly. They emailed me a sheet and I filled it out dropped it in a box and shipped it out to them. It was the basic repair, and had my ECU back in like 2 weeks more or less since they were backed up... They even changed my box to a roomier one and added additional padding to it. Hope this helps some.
Old 06-05-23, 02:00 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
You can ship yours to Tanin to have it serviced for less money, you don't have to buy a new unit. I think that man was genuinely trying to help you, but with words like that I don't think you're going to find much help here.
agreed, OP needs to read our forum rules before posting again

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-sc-forum.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...rsonal_attacks