Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo on a 92 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 06:21 PM
T51R
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full Stainless Steel Construction - 304 SS flanges / 316 SS runners

TIG welded, Argon shielded and purged

T4 turbine flange - designed for tangential housing

Tial 38mm external wastegate flange

Fits turbos with up to 4" compressor inlet

Dyno results: 325hp/318tq @ the wheels on 8psi

Spool: 8psi by 3400 rpm from 3rd gear roll (.58 A/R, P trim)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you dont want the T4 or wants bigger than T4 60-1 I can inlcude any T4 flanged turbo as your request .. price will be vary depands on turbo..

this turbo kit was tested on 1993 lexus sc300 auto... with 158++++ miles onit....

Last edited by T51R; 02-11-04 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-07-04, 05:59 PM
Derf
Rookie

Originally posted by lexcoupe
I can vouch for Boostlogic. Their parts are great. The manifold is a peice of art, and the FMIC intercooler piping is polished so it looks beautiful. I dont have my car running just yet, but it will probably be ready next week. I went with boostlogic, they are a good company to deal with.

Kevin

PS. my car is a 92, but I also heard about the 92 maf having problems, so i got the 93 maf and 93 ECU just as a backup.
So how did your car turn out? I ordered the boostlogic kit for my 97 sc300. What did you do beside the kit, if anything? What does your numbers look like? I am realy interested to find out since my kit should be here any day.
Old 03-09-04, 11:39 AM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by T51R
Full Stainless Steel Construction - 304 SS flanges / 316 SS runners

TIG welded, Argon shielded and purged

T4 turbine flange - designed for tangential housing

Tial 38mm external wastegate flange

Fits turbos with up to 4" compressor inlet

Dyno results: 325hp/318tq @ the wheels on 8psi

Spool: 8psi by 3400 rpm from 3rd gear roll (.58 A/R, P trim)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you dont want the T4 or wants bigger than T4 60-1 I can inlcude any T4 flanged turbo as your request .. price will be vary depands on turbo..

this turbo kit was tested on 1993 lexus sc300 auto... with 158++++ miles onit....
Is your friend selling the kits now? Can you post the price or PM me if you don't want to post.
Old 03-12-04, 11:55 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he sure is I got my manifold and downpipe on the way from him; I'll be putting on my car early next week
Old 03-13-04, 11:15 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Derf
So how did your car turn out? I ordered the boostlogic kit for my 97 sc300. What did you do beside the kit, if anything? What does your numbers look like? I am realy interested to find out since my kit should be here any day.
Derf, It turned out great. I only have the manifold, downpipe, wastegate and FMIC piping. From what I have those parts are great. With a t04e 60trim turbo I put out 402rwhp at 12psi. Those are not the final numbers, we are stuck on a timing problem. But the final numbers will be out by the end of the month. (march) So I will keep everyone posted on my final results.

Kevin
Old 03-13-04, 02:13 PM
Derf
Rookie

Kevin,

Sounds great, 402rwhp with problems is still super Are you still running with the stock trans and exhaust? I am also adding a 550 injectors and 3mm headgasket and a few tweaks, so guessing from your numbers on stock injectors and no headgasket, I should be able to get 425 to 450. Boostlogic said that my kit should start shipping next week. GOD I AM EXCITED. Good luck with your timing issue, looking forward to the final numbers.
Old 03-13-04, 05:23 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Bean
he sure is I got my manifold and downpipe on the way from him; I'll be putting on my car early next week
When the parts come in take a few pics. I would like to see how everything looks and find out what you think of it
Old 03-13-04, 10:29 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Kevin,

Sounds great, 402rwhp with problems is still super Are you still running with the stock trans and exhaust? I am also adding a 550 injectors and 3mm headgasket and a few tweaks, so guessing from your numbers on stock injectors and no headgasket, I should be able to get 425 to 450. Boostlogic said that my kit should start shipping next week. GOD I AM EXCITED. Good luck with your timing issue, looking forward to the final numbers.
Sorry, I only mentioned the parts that I have from Boostlogic. My many other parts include (but are not limited to) 550cc injectors, and a 3mm headgasket. So those numbers are with the 550's and a 3mm hg. No i do not have a stock exhaust, It is a RS*R supra exhaust that is fitted to my SC. And the trans is a stock 5 speed, with a RPS 6 puck clutch and stock flywheel. So i hope that answers your Q's and if you have any more let me know.

Kevin
Old 03-14-04, 12:46 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by AzLex
When the parts come in take a few pics. I would like to see how everything looks and find out what you think of it
sure no prob; I dunno if the wastegate has got a pipe that routes back into the downpipe, but if there isnt, I'll be mock-assembling it and taking it to a shop; should be an easy enough job
Old 03-14-04, 04:54 AM
Derf
Rookie

Kevin,

Thanks for the information. I am trying to get a feel for what I can get out of the car with this kit. I have been told several different numbers and none of them are the same. So its great to have someone with first hand knowldge. What do you expect to end up with, when everythings done?

Derf
Old 03-14-04, 09:15 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

sure no prob; I dunno if the wastegate has got a pipe that routes back into the downpipe, but if there isnt, I'll be mock-assembling it and taking it to a shop; should be an easy enough job
Bean, No the dumptube vents into the atmosphere. Not back into the downpipe.

Kevin,

Thanks for the information. I am trying to get a feel for what I can get out of the car with this kit. I have been told several different numbers and none of them are the same. So its great to have someone with first hand knowldge. What do you expect to end up with, when everythings done?

Derf
No prob, I am hoping for 550rwhp on race gas and at 22psi. I think it will only put out 500 though. still good enough for me But I will be driving it at only 10 psi because the trans is REAL weak. The only thing saving me right now is the wheels spinning under heavy load.... time for a tranny/driveline upgrade....

Kevin
Old 03-14-04, 11:11 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by lexcoupe
Bean, No the dumptube vents into the atmosphere. Not back into the downpipe.
I'm talking about the street dynamics manifold; not the BL one
Old 03-14-04, 07:37 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I'm talking about the street dynamics manifold; not the BL one
Gotcha.

Kevin
Old 03-15-04, 09:32 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

here come the pics for the manifold/downpipe/wastegate and my new 60-1 turbo
i bought the manifold and downpipe from streetdynamics; notice it has two bungs; one plugged for a wideband (next mod), and one open for the stocker
as for the quality; i've rarely seen welds that are this good; they are so good you can run your fingers over them and not notice any surface changes... on the interior welds like at the downpipe and turbo flange where flow matters, there is absolutely no weld mark at all; simply incredible work, i'm totally blown away

this manifold is perfect for around 600hp; which 600rwhp with a 100shot is my goal on pumpgas after i've done everything... for now i'll be happy with 400rwhp; which i'm pretty sure i've got the turbo for it

my cat Pixel decided to investigate the new toys to see if he could play with anything; he was batting at the compressor blade and spinning it a little bit, lol
Attached Thumbnails Turbo on a 92 SC300-manifold.jpg  

Last edited by Bean; 03-15-04 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-15-04, 09:34 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

manifold2
Attached Thumbnails Turbo on a 92 SC300-manifold2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Turbo on a 92 SC300