Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Suprastore's turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-04, 04:14 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Hermosa
You must be at the point where timing is becoming a real issue. EGT hot?
remember ODB1 timing does not equal ODB2 timing...
on race gas he probably wont see any timing issues ever... with a headgasket and pumpgas, prolly around the 19-20psi mark i'd guess

Last edited by Bean; 06-21-04 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-21-04, 04:15 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by wickedsc
These numbers were given me by some supra guys that have done na-t. They may have been streching the truth. Once I get the kit and get it installed I will post the "no ****" results. One thing I have learned while researching this, is that you have to take everything that you read and hear with a grain of salt.

yeah thats some great power considering some supra owners might have bent the truth. I will say this who exactly help do this project. Was it supra owners or lexus owners. No disrespect intended to the lexus crew of course. By the way any names on who worked on the car and got it running right.

wickedsc
most of the NA-T guys are pretty legit
they arent honda owners or something; honda owners lie about owning a SupraTT
Old 06-21-04, 04:49 PM
wickedsc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering who did the work!
Old 06-21-04, 05:54 PM
Derf
Rookie

Originally posted by wickedsc
These numbers were given me by some supra guys that have done na-t. They may have been streching the truth. Once I get the kit and get it installed I will post the "no ****" results. One thing I have learned while researching this, is that you have to take everything that you read and hear with a grain of salt.

yeah thats some great power considering some supra owners might have bent the truth. I will say this who exactly help do this project. Was it supra owners or lexus owners. No disrespect intended to the lexus crew of course. By the way any names on who worked on the car and got it running right.

wickedsc

First I want to say that I ment no disrespect to the supra crowd. The ones I know are a GREAT bunch of guys and this project cound not have been done without them. To be truthful I had no idea what the car would do but I heard everything from 300's to 600's. And lets face it everyone enjoys bragging about their car and the power it makes.

I don't want to directly name the person who did most of the work without thier permision. But I will tell you the person who did 99% of the work goes by "Ghostrider" on the Supra forms. And yes he is a supra guy with an awsome white supra. All I can say is he did a GREAT JOB and I look forward to hanging out with him when he gets back.
Old 06-22-04, 05:12 AM
wickedsc
Driver School Candidate

Sure they don't mind so I'll just mention it here on the forums.
Herb B who did injectors,fuel pump, pulled motor, and installed most of the goodies
Will N who assisted in engine install, cams and timing,and finished up work that was left undone, got car driveable and assisted in tuning.
Dan W At batlground who ran the dyno and assisted in tuning, dialed in boost controller.

By the way they all own 94 toyota supras. They all also know what a t61 can do on a 3 liter engine. Great guys.

wickedsc

Last edited by wickedsc; 06-22-04 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-22-04, 10:27 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

did anyone in this thread do the turbo install themselves? I was just wondering, not to knock anyone for getting help
Old 06-22-04, 10:33 PM
Pyroneer
Rookie

Derf,

After all was said and done, to get to the point where you are right now, could you please post an approximate figure on how much you have spent?

I know that you can buy the kits for 4-5k, but how much is someone like myself looking to spend (who is NOT going to be doing all the work themselves, etc) after all is said and done.

The power you are putting down right now sounds great to me.
Old 06-23-04, 06:00 AM
Derf
Rookie

First let me address Bean's question. I do alot of work on my cars. I installed the electronics and now that the SC is turbo, I have been working the OBDII issues, cooling issues and boost control issues. And fixing little things that show up after you modifiy a car. It would be stupid to take a 16 to 20 thousand dollar car, add 8 to 10 thousand in mods to the car if you were not sure how to do it correctly. I have heard TOO many people crying on forums because they slapped a turbo on or NOS and then blew their motors. There are alot of great guys out there that are willing to help so that nice cars don't end up as junk. Why not use thier knowldge. Herb, Will and Dan have been there and because they had the knowldge to do the job right, I have a great car.

How much did all this cost:

Boostlogic kit, 550 injectors, headgasket, blow of valve
electronics - boost controller, gages, super afc, dual fans
dyno time, labor, polishing, misc, custom catback exhaust

Rough total: $9550.00

+2000 for transmission. You will need to do this in 3 to 6 weeks after turbo depending on how you drive with 400+hp.
Old 06-23-04, 10:49 PM
97SC300
Driver

Originally posted by Derf

+2000 for transmission. You will need to do this in 3 to 6 weeks after turbo depending on how you drive with 400+hp.

are u talking about an auto trans or 5spd. or both at that power?
Old 06-24-04, 02:28 PM
Derf
Rookie

That is with an auto. I do not know how a 5 speed will hold up, I am going with my personel experance. The price I qouted was for the Boostlogic build up. I am not sure yet if that is the way I am going to go or change out to the supra trans.