Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

new member story of my lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 10:56 AM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking new member story of my lexus

i have a 92 sc300(5spd) this is my second import,and i still have 92 mazda miata sitting in my back yard,thinking of putting in a v6 or small block ford, i'm more of a v8 person (trucks and suv"s) never really liked cars untill i drove a 95 supraTT with a single conversion . at that point in my life i realised i was missing out, i don't know how much hp he had but when i took off i was stuck to my seat.........literally, and this is coming from a guy that had a supercharged Excurtion and a supercharged yukon, so i know a little about touque, the yukon had the 6.0 that i put in, and with a custom supercharger i got 496hp and 560lbs"my buddy took care of the tranny and i was set" , and yet still i know for a fact that the supra would have eaten me alive, but i did'nt tell him that, i just talked alot of sh$%. since then i been looking into the 2j engines and i think i stumbled upon a gold mine.

now what i might say next may hurt some feelings but i know i'm not the only one, i love the look of the supra even more so than the sc's, and i love the engine, but the interior did'nt really jump at me this is why i did'nt get a supra when i had the chance" this was before that movie came out" when they were kind of cheap, the sc's interior is more of my taste and style,and the exterior is very stylish and since it's the same engine except for little differences, a turbo'ed sc should prove deadly, and most of my friends don't even know lexus had a 5spd or even a 2j inline 6, so to some of them it is shocking to see the na supra engine under the hood of a lexus, .
"JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I AM NOT FLAMING OR DOWNGRADING THE SUPRA THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.
any way i am now thinking of going turbo, and a 6spd which i found out is very hard to come by, i am still not content on the size turbo cause i never really had a turbo car, i was thinking t61maybe, i hear really good things about toyomoto, but i personally think they are too expensive, i plan on buying the piping, intercooler, mainfold,and turbo, and find the other parts my self, i have a friend that know's some people who blackmail some people, and he owes me one, so is there a place i can get just intercooler and piping, and a t61 turbo with a matching manifold.

search was no help.............................................

thanks guys
great site
Old 03-08-04, 11:09 AM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and also

and also i am getting 6 new injectors, new fuel pump, msd6, plugs and wires, but to manage all that can i just use the phr ecu, or do i need more stuff to tune.