Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Perma Cool vs. Summit Racing fans..which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-04, 12:57 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Perma Cool vs. Summit Racing fans..which is better?

Gentlemen (and beautiful ladies of course!), I took the day off yesterday to handle a stupid taffic ticket and once the reaming was done I decided to blow off some steam by cleaning out my throttle body and tinkering around with the car a bit. My buddy noticed that one of the mounts for my fan shroud was broken so like everything else that breaks on the car I decided to look into a fix. I read in the FAQ that some people have installed the Summit Racing flex-a-lites, and some others have the Perma-Cools. Both free up about 20 extra hp so I figured that for $200 this would be an excellent mod. Now I wonder which of these 2 is best, the Flex-a-lites or the Perma-Cools? Who here has experience? Opinions asap please as I really want to do this mod this weekend! I need to know the positives and the negatives of each. I searched the forums but didn't really find an answer to my question. Thanks.
Old 04-01-04, 04:44 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

27 views and no insight or opinions? (sigh) this is discouraging...
Old 04-01-04, 07:08 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed the flex-a-lite 210's the end of last summer. I didnt think too much of the auto setup because I didnt have much control, but after starting it up over the winter, I found that the auto setup does work. I cant tell you about any power gains. They do seem to move more air than the stock fan and they are louder than the stock fan, did'nt have any problems with cooling....I also have a fluidyne. Hope this helps.

gadgetSC-t
Attached Thumbnails Perma Cool vs. Summit Racing fans..which is better?-fal.jpg  
Old 04-02-04, 04:28 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when you bought the summit racing fans... did it come with the shroud?

does anyone make a shroud for the perma-cools?
Old 04-02-04, 04:31 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search for the writeup I did on mine. I also think +20 hp is a bit on the optomistic side. I would say 8-10 is more like it.