Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need a motor...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-04, 01:56 AM
EuroGLX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a motor...

I need a 2JZ-GTE complete motor. Post some places where i can order it. I have looked everywhere and searched alot.

Thanks.
Old 04-11-04, 05:47 PM
EuroGLX
Driver School Candidate

I'm guessing nobody knows....
Old 04-11-04, 05:57 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hit up www.zerolift.com they are a shop out of cincinnati, ohio. i know a couple of guys that work there, if you ask for nick lechander (said la shander) and tell him marshall sent you he will hook you up. good luck man.
Old 04-11-04, 07:26 PM
EuroGLX
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by vipsoarer
hit up www.zerolift.com they are a shop out of cincinnati, ohio. i know a couple of guys that work there, if you ask for nick lechander (said la shander) and tell him marshall sent you he will hook you up. good luck man.

Thank you. anyone else?
Old 04-11-04, 10:58 PM
cefiro
Driver School Candidate

Check in the supraforums for sale section, you will prolly have better luck. Took me 3 months to find mine, Good Luck!
Old 04-13-04, 08:32 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Try calling my friends here:

http://motorsportsunlimited.com/

I picked up a jdm 94 TT clip w/ 6speed trans, ecu, harness along with the lsd for $6k. Auto runs less though.
Old 04-17-04, 08:44 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Try mitsuparts.net, they seem to have a comparitively steady source coming in.

Reality check here. Understand that this is among the most sought after engines on the planet , there is nothing easy about what you will do. A good one fairly priced move instantly. Patience and persistence will bag yours. "Complete" is relative. For me that meant with a harness and as many of the conections and sensors as possible. You are going to have to square up with the fact that Toyota got a total of ~12,000 into the USDM. Read that again and you'll understand scarce. You will come to realize upgrading a JDM gte into a USDM spec engine is realively straight forward. One could make a convincing case that the JDM engine has seen an easy life in Japan in a low mileage automatic trans Supra or Aristo vs being flat wound out in a USDM 6-speed. (ok, my rational speaking here!)

Second reality check: "Complete" is still going to require the sourcing of a number of other components to complete an engine swap. What? well a USDM ecu, cams, IC, IC pipes, MAF w/pipes, ignitor and more. Make sure you take all this into consideration. I am flat out not even discussing a 6-speeed here.

Wish you well, as might be obvious, I am at the end game of this acquisition game. Now my swap into my SC300 5-speed, engine found, parts stack high, waiting for the fun to begin.

Good Luck to you and those who follow....