Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help! Need a driveshaft for Supra TT auto transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 12:18 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm considering all the options now.

I understand you could put the SC output flange on the TT transmission. My tuner attempted this but the transmission shop didn't want to do it. They said something about one having cooling lines and the other not. They would have to drill holes for the lines or something and they didn't want to do so.

A friend of mine recommend this guy to me. So I gave him a call and he makes single piece driveshafts for high horsepower Supras. He can make me one in a matter of days assuming he has the measurements. He also has a contact for the pieces I would need to modify my SC driveshaft.
Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 04-22-04 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-22-04, 08:30 PM
William N.
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand you could put the SC output flange on the TT transmission. My tuner attempted this but the transmission shop didn't want to do it. They said something about one having cooling lines and the other not. They would have to drill holes for the lines or something and they didn't want to do so.
It doesn't have to deal with cooling lines to swap the output flange. The flange is not even close to the cooling lines. Its just the output flange which is bolted on by a 30 mm nut. That's it...