Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400, Tundra Supercharger is a lie

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-04, 12:58 PM
MRAD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SC400, Tundra Supercharger is a lie

The ability to use a TRD Tundra supercharger on the SC400 is not possible (at least without a massive amount of modifications). Recently I have contacted TRD on behalf of my shop to see what they had to say about these rumors and they responded (got alot of requests at my shop).

"Unfortunately due to pulley clearences and deck heights of the block, the 2uzfe supercharger will not work on the 1uzfe. The main problem would be the pulley system as the pulley from the supercharger will interfere with the existing pulleys and tensioner pulleys. The problem also is with the shorter deck height, our current boost setting on the supercharger will produce roughly about 14 psi on the 1uzfe as opposed to the 7 psi on the 2uzfe.

TRD Help

"*****>
05/06/2004 04:21 PM

To: <***_***@toyota.com>
cc:
Subject: Performance Shop question

Hello,

My name is ***, I am contacting you on behalf of ******* Canada. Recently we have been approached by Lexus SC400 drivers and asked about the rumors of being able to use a 4.7L V8 Tundra Supercharger on the SC400 without any structural modifications. This rumor has been extremely prevalent and I would like to know if there is any truth in this, if the TRD Tundra Supercharger really is capable of operating in the 1UZ engine without having to remove anything from the vehicle or without heavily modifying the body. I would appreciate any information you could provide, and I look forward to doing business with your company in the future.

Thanks you for your time
***** "
Well there you have it, perhaps one day someone will be able to mod that charger to get this working. If they do it would be great. Perhaps we will try; with that much pressure we are bound to get a hell of alot of power out of that thing, it already puts out alot for that Tundra.
Old 05-11-04, 06:36 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: SC400, Tundra Supercharger is a lie

Originally posted by MRAD
The ability to use a TRD Tundra supercharger on the SC400 is not possible (at least without a massive amount of modifications). Recently I have contacted TRD on behalf of my shop to see what they had to say about these rumors and they responded (got alot of requests at my shop).

"Unfortunately due to pulley clearences and deck heights of the block, the 2uzfe supercharger will not work on the 1uzfe. The main problem would be the pulley system as the pulley from the supercharger will interfere with the existing pulleys and tensioner pulleys. The problem also is with the shorter deck height, our current boost setting on the supercharger will produce roughly about 14 psi on the 1uzfe as opposed to the 7 psi on the 2uzfe.

TRD Help

"*****>
05/06/2004 04:21 PM

To: <***_***@toyota.com>
cc:
Subject: Performance Shop question

Hello,

My name is ***, I am contacting you on behalf of ******* Canada. Recently we have been approached by Lexus SC400 drivers and asked about the rumors of being able to use a 4.7L V8 Tundra Supercharger on the SC400 without any structural modifications. This rumor has been extremely prevalent and I would like to know if there is any truth in this, if the TRD Tundra Supercharger really is capable of operating in the 1UZ engine without having to remove anything from the vehicle or without heavily modifying the body. I would appreciate any information you could provide, and I look forward to doing business with your company in the future.

Thanks you for your time
***** "
Well there you have it, perhaps one day someone will be able to mod that charger to get this working. If they do it would be great. Perhaps we will try; with that much pressure we are bound to get a hell of alot of power out of that thing, it already puts out alot for that Tundra.
I'm sorry but how is this anything new? This has been discussed before, a few times.

Chris
Old 05-12-04, 05:49 AM
MRAD
Rookie

Its new because people have been asking about this for a while and nobody as of yet has been able to find out if it does or does not work on the SC400. If you dont like the post don't bother responding I didn't put it up for your approval, I put it there to inform others.
Old 05-12-04, 09:49 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by MRAD
Its new because people have been asking about this for a while and nobody as of yet has been able to find out if it does or does not work on the SC400. If you dont like the post don't bother responding I didn't put it up for your approval, I put it there to inform others.
I suggest you relax. All I said is that this question has been answered before.

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 05-12-04 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-12-04, 11:14 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

thats why im pushing for the Twin Turbo people!

CEO
Old 05-12-04, 11:55 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Whats up with Hermosa project I wonder

Philly
Old 05-12-04, 11:59 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

i think hes still working on it....

CEO
Old 05-22-04, 09:37 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex

Whats up with Hermosa project I wonder

Philly
It is on hold since I spent $30000 on the SC300 mods already this year and I also bought a SC400 test car.
Old 05-23-04, 03:47 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Darn SC300 taking all the dough Hopefully your SC400 project will get started soon . I have a idea sell the SC300 Sike j/k and good luck hermosa!

Philly