Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can someone help me with AEM tuning on NA-T

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-04, 09:09 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me with AEM tuning on NA-T

I need help tuning my NA-T SC3. I put the AEM EMS on it a while ago and we are having trouble with the start up when the car gets hot, along with keeping it running (idle) when its hot. We have done just about everything and I am getting really frustrated, because my shop still doesnt know whats wrong with it. We have changed the distributor, and it ran perfect for about 3 hours. They were able to drive it to the dyno, dyno tune it, and then on the drive back to the shop, it got screwed up again. They did not do any major tuning on the dyno, it was mainly to see the HP numbers. Does anyone know what could be my problem, because the car is running prefect other than those 2 problems. Thanks!!

Kevin
Old 06-15-04, 05:45 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

What exactly are your 2 problems ?

When the engine is warm, it doesn't want to start ?

And when it is warm and running, it doesn't want to stay running ?

Bump your idle up some, that should help problem # 2 ... what RPM is it idling at currently ?
Old 06-16-04, 07:33 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Angel, The problem is when the car gets hot, it doesnt want to idle, or startup after it dies. It does not get a spark signal or a injector signal when its hot. They (my shop and AEM) think that the crank and cam signal is weak, and that there is something wrong with the ECU itself. So it is being sent to AEM for diagnostics and i really hope its the ECU because my shop is stumped.

We tried bumping the idle to 1500 and it still didnt want to stay alive. So thats where I am at right now, Thanks for your help.

Kevin