Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blown 1UZ - Some talk, Some do....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-05, 04:28 AM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1UZ-FE (J spec) has 251cc injectors, consensus is this should be OK for 7psi boost and 350bhp (flywheel), if I could get 350bhp with the blower and Unichip I would be happy enough but DET could be a limiting factor with the 10.1:1 compression ratio and inability to install a charge cooler (without cutting holes in the bonnet/hood).

An 85bhp or 33% hike over stock (265bhp) would bring the V8 into the territory where it should have been from day one and needs to be in todays performance leagues, my old TT was around 330bhp but suffered from the usual issues of low down lag and a tight powerband, something you will not experience from the Eaton blower as the power is always there and you dont have to pre-empt the delivery.

The aim here is not to build a *****-out street racer but a fast, reliable car that has no inherrent issues caused by tuning, issues which I lived with in the Twin Turbo but would be gutted if the stately V8 was in any way unrefined which is why I will not be fitting a shift kit or hi-stall T/C. My real world driving is done between 50/120mph and that suits the power charecteristics of the V8 engine with a blower, all the major grunt will be mid/upper rev range.

Ideally 420bhp would be the goal to keep up with the blown Jaguars or Audi A8 Sport but that could be difficult to acheive and still keep things relativly simple and trouble free.
Old 01-31-05, 03:54 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Originally Posted by London Bill
... My real world driving is done between 50/120mph and that suits the power charecteristics of the V8 engine with a blower....
God I love Europe...

AJ remembers trip to Germany... mmm autobahn ....

You will want more power eventually. It's just natural...
Old 01-31-05, 05:02 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

I love driving in France/Belgium as it is a hanging offence to speed in the UK. Here I need a radar/laser detector, a laser gun jammer and a GPS based device to warn of none-emmiting speed recording systems such as the the embedded strips in the road coupled with a GASTSO camera or the SPECS video systems which record your average time/speed over a length of road.

This year we are going to do the Nurburgring, 13miles of unrestricted road which is basically a public race track but the drive down there will be just as much fun.

The Ring is, quite simply, the ultimate driving experience. 13 miles and at least 73* bends add up to what even racing drivers describe as the most demanding circuit in the world. It's hard to describe just how good it is until you've been there, but if you can imagine your favourite mountain road and your favourite race-track, and combine the best bits of the two, you'll get the general idea.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/