Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

...and behind door #3, my next mod! - clutch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-04, 06:21 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ...and behind door #3, my next mod! - clutch replacement

i'm starting to look at things going wrong as a good thing. if something breaks or needs replaced in my car, i look forward to replacing it. once the problem is fixed, i know it was done right and won't have any additional problems. plus, it gives me a VERY good excuse to purchase additional mods.

with that being said, my latest discovery is that my clutch has now begun to slip. this isn't too surprising to me, seeing as the car is now 11 years old and has been around the block a time or two (but was always safe about it, so no diseases here! ) i've come up with a short list of items to price out and look for to do my clutch replacement, and a few other items to do while everything is out and apart.[list=1][*]pressure plate[*]have the flywheel machined[*]check the starter ring gear[*]pilot bearing[*]throwout bearing[*]front transmission seal[*]clutch disc[*]check clutch slave cylinder[*]rear engine seal[/list=1]
from what i've read already, it seems as though people really like the aftermarket clutches ACT puts out. i do plan to increase the horsepower/torque down the road, which is why i'm considering replacing the clutch with aftermarket in the first place. i couldn't tell you when that is going to happen, but i do know not next week. because of this, would a more cost effective solution be to replace with stock parts now and upgrade the clutch later when it will need it, or just go ahead and upgrade now? any input will be appreciated.