Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GTE Swap Progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-04, 07:49 AM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Awesome! That manifold is a work of art - should be hanging on a wall somewhere.
yes, my thoughts as well.

sc300ccret- Some beautiful welding there! I love that down pipe, and I noticed the "brass freeze plugs", a sure sign of the builders intentions for some serious horsepower. ...although...please take this into consideration, for I mean no disrespect. As beautiful as the header looks, the section of tubing to the wastegate appears restrictive by length in relation to diameter and how it is mounted to the header. This will surely cause problems controlling boost levels, and create situations such as "over boost", "boost creep", "unstable boost",etc... unless your running a somewhat undersized 900hp turbo.

I have no knowledge of the maker but this may have some association to what "aliga" mentioned?
Not familiar with (looks like)TIAL wastegates either, but inlet looks small. Take a look at an HKS GT wastegate inlet and compare. They released a new GT-II wastegate so the GT's should be clearanced priced soon.
Building the power is one step, controlling it takes another...

Sensei
Old 09-11-04, 11:16 AM
sc300ccret
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1JZ- Its a PTE74S

Technics- If your nerves can't handle the fact it's a 6 speed I'll say this. Its not an auto and its not a 5 speed
Its got a supra readend and axles.

Dave and Choritsu- Thanks for the compliments on the headers/welding I'll pass them on.

Choritsu- I understand your comments but they do not apply in this case. The header is made by a company called Virtual Works racing. They are a local shop here in Vegas. The owners supra is still the fastest full wieght stock bodied supra, It ran a 8.89 in the 1/4 mile. Plenty of VWR's cars are way past the 900hp mark. The section of tubing for the wastegate is sufficient to avoid the boost issues that your speaking of. There are lots of these kits around and none of them exhibit the issue.

The Tial is just as good if not better than the hks for flow. Sometimes people get roped in by the marketing stuff without the real word proof. The Tial just works and works well. The HKS wastegates start to bleed boost at 38+psi which is not good. the Tials don't. For example The Veilside Intake manifold is considered to be the big daddy. The Virtual Works manifold is a better, more consistent manifold than the Veilside. Just as a side note Titan Motorsports runs Virtual Works intake manifolds on thier race cars.
See here.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...works+veilside

Mike

Last edited by sc300ccret; 09-13-04 at 06:31 AM.