Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

update on my 2jz-gtte

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-04, 09:47 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on my 2jz-gtte

well ive finally figured everything out the shop that will be doing my swap is stage 6 a friend of mine knows the owners so im gettin hooked up on an install price they quoted me at 900$ i will also be having them make me a custom intercooler and piping all i have to do now is go pick out a core this way when i go to more boost and higher horse power all i need for an intercooler is simply order a better core
stage 6 is pretty busy right now so im gunna have to wait a little for the install which is also why im getting a decent price for it but this way it also lets me wait on a few pay checks so i can get a nice core and an hks BOV they told me the absolute latest the motor would go in is by Xmass

i cant wait ill keep u guys updated and ill make sure there are plenty of pics
Old 10-10-04, 10:11 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: update on my 2jz-gtte

Originally posted by soarer479
well ive finally figured everything out the shop that will be doing my swap is stage 6 a friend of mine knows the owners so im gettin hooked up on an install price they quoted me at 900$ i will also be having them make me a custom intercooler and piping all i have to do now is go pick out a core this way when i go to more boost and higher horse power all i need for an intercooler is simply order a better core
stage 6 is pretty busy right now so im gunna have to wait a little for the install which is also why im getting a decent price for it but this way it also lets me wait on a few pay checks so i can get a nice core and an hks BOV they told me the absolute latest the motor would go in is by Xmass

i cant wait ill keep u guys updated and ill make sure there are plenty of pics
That is a good price. Now who is going to do the wireing? How are you going to do the wireing? Are you upgrading to US-spec? Why are you getting a BOV? This swap is not that easy. You will run into problems with the Aristo (you're the one who got the Aristo clip, right).

Chris
Old 10-10-04, 10:13 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

My next question is who is Stage 6? Never heard of them.
Old 10-10-04, 10:49 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by TurboB6
My next question is who is Stage 6? Never heard of them.
A place that most likely doesn't know what they're getting themselfs into.

Chris
Old 10-11-04, 01:18 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

they have done a similar swap before but not with an aristo engine but out of a jdm supra 2jz

they will be doing all the wiring themselves which is included in the price

and no i didnt get a front clip i just got the engine tranny ecu wiring harness uncut and it comes with everything i need all starter components etc.
Old 10-11-04, 01:56 PM
DIrEctQL

they have done a similar swap before but not with an aristo engine but out of a jdm supra 2jz

they will be doing all the wiring themselves which is included in the price

and no i didnt get a front clip i just got the engine tranny ecu wiring harness uncut and it comes with everything i need all starter components etc.
Good luck. It's a bit of a headache but I think it's worth it. Again, if you need help let me know since I have been in your shoes few months ago.

Chris
Old 10-11-04, 02:22 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

watch that 900 turn into 9000

maybe not that high, but i doubt your getting all that done for the price you said. try to get that in writing, otherwise you may be on the short end of the deal down the line.

Last edited by aliga; 10-11-04 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-11-04, 02:29 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

directql- i will deffinatly let you know when i encounter problems with the swap and im sure i will. you have already been help in making some decisions

also what do you suggest i do about the wiring they told me they could handle it but i wanna make sure i dont end up getting screwed what route to you suggest and what are my options ...
i was thinkin about AEM ems but then again theres the whole money issue ... but maybe by then ill have enough but i doubt it

thanks for all your help
Old 10-11-04, 02:58 PM
DIrEctQL

directql- i will deffinatly let you know when i encounter problems with the swap and im sure i will. you have already been help in making some decisions

also what do you suggest i do about the wiring they told me they could handle it but i wanna make sure i dont end up getting screwed what route to you suggest and what are my options ...
i was thinkin about AEM ems but then again theres the whole money issue ... but maybe by then ill have enough but i doubt it

thanks for all your help
I purchased a '95 Supra TT automatic harness and had Clint do it. He did a pretty good job. I forgot how much that exacly cost me but I think it was around 600 dollars.

Chris
Old 10-11-04, 03:10 PM
William N.
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot how much that exacly cost me but I think it was around 600 dollars.
He charged you $600 to wire it up for you Chris? Ouch!
Old 10-11-04, 05:26 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

william N- did you swap or go Na-T if you swapped where did you get your engine from/ what car did it come out of im interested in hearing some details thanks
Old 10-11-04, 07:04 PM
William N.
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

william N- did you swap or go Na-T if you swapped where did you get your engine from/ what car did it come out of im interested in hearing some details thanks
First I went through 2 NA-T kits on my 2jzge and then decided that I really wasn't totally satisfied. So I was looking to do an entire 2jzgte swap but ran across a great deal on a 2jzgte motor w/o the block w/ wiring harness w/ auto TT tranny...So I jumped on that and did the whole swap myself including wiring. Here is the link..

To find an engine, go to supraforums.com and check their classifieds...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=115706

Last edited by William N.; 10-11-04 at 07:13 PM.