Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Will TRD LSD fit a 5spd SC or is N/A auto Supra diff needed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-04, 10:06 PM
Vitmn R
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will TRD LSD fit a 5spd SC or is N/A auto Supra diff needed?

I know the N/A auto Supra LSD diff is a direct bolt in on SC's.. Only problem is they are soo hard to find.. I'm considering just buying the TRD LSD, but wonder if it fits the stock diff or do I need to find a N/A auto Supra diff to stick it in.. I looked around for a few days and can't truely find a clear yes/no.. I'm just trying to figure this small issuse out. I hate the open diff and since I maybe be doing some serious suspension work soon, a LSD is needed.. Plus if I do decide to go ahead with my plan for building a weekend track/ daily driver I'm gunna need it.. Thanks for ur help..
Kevin
Old 11-01-04, 10:40 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to add to this thread, will the gearing from a supra six speed lsd fit in a 5speed sc pumpkin? it the actual bell housing (pumpkin) any different? or is it just the gears inside? thanks. i dont mean to jack your thread, but this question is very closely related, so i don tsee the need to open a new one. thanks again.
Old 11-02-04, 07:32 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Default Re: Will TRD LSD fit a 5spd SC or is N/A auto Supra diff needed?

Originally posted by Vitmn R
I know the N/A auto Supra LSD diff is a direct bolt in on SC's.. Only problem is they are soo hard to find.. I'm considering just buying the TRD LSD, but wonder if it fits the stock diff or do I need to find a N/A auto Supra diff to stick it in.. I looked around for a few days and can't truely find a clear yes/no.. I'm just trying to figure this small issuse out. I hate the open diff and since I maybe be doing some serious suspension work soon, a LSD is needed.. Plus if I do decide to go ahead with my plan for building a weekend track/ daily driver I'm gunna need it.. Thanks for ur help..
Kevin
If you check out TRD's website the part number for the TRD LSD is the same for the Supra and the SC300. I dont remember the # off the top of my head. Just do some google time and look around and you'll find it. I'll take a look here in a while and see if I can find it.

Edit: OK this was easier to find than I thought. Part #:41301-JS401 Looky Here[

to add to this thread, will the gearing from a supra six speed lsd fit in a 5speed sc pumpkin? it the actual bell housing (pumpkin) any different? or is it just the gears inside? thanks. i dont mean to jack your thread, but this question is very closely related, so i don tsee the need to open a new one. thanks again.
I don't honestly know but if you can get your hands on one cheap its worth a shot. This may also answer the question as to if the 6 speed lsd internals will fit in the SC's pumpkin.

Last edited by qtb33; 11-02-04 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-04-04, 08:31 PM
Vitmn R
Rookie

Thanks qtb33 I am going to be ordering that TRD LSD within 2 weeks.. I'm going to be redoing nearly my entire suspension very soon by adding the Daizen swaybar kit, coilovers, and more.. I'm trying to show people what a SC can really do at the track and AutoXs.. LSD is a must due to the upcoming suspension upgrades.. Thanks a lot and drive safe..
Kevin
Old 11-04-04, 11:10 PM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Vitmn R
Thanks qtb33 I am going to be ordering that TRD LSD within 2 weeks.. I'm going to be redoing nearly my entire suspension very soon by adding the Daizen swaybar kit, coilovers, and more.. I'm trying to show people what a SC can really do at the track and AutoXs.. LSD is a must due to the upcoming suspension upgrades.. Thanks a lot and drive safe..
Kevin
Hey man, I'm here for you!