Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-04, 09:31 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nicely put... im glad i didn't post my opinion..
I will keep my cool as well. I believe I posted something a couple of pages back to the same affect that SC400T and Lextreme are saying. But I will say no matter where you go or what you do haters always follow
Old 12-02-04, 11:48 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by chrisman

a couple more things of interest-- i ended up calling the shop in cali with the guy-mr WAKITA, i think- who was running the lexus drag car a couple of years ago--the purple one with the v8.. anyway, i asked if he had any used parts for the v-8.. they had a set of cams and aluminum con rods.. they wanted 3000 for the cams,, my jaw dropped, but i can understand because they were prob custom made for him.. anyway, they are emailing a list of al the parts they have for sale..
Wakita owns the shop blast racing. They are located right next to Motorex if anyone is interested in looking them up.
His V8 was in the purple SC and made ~1700hp. There are plenty of custom parts in that engine. At the moment he is out of the country. Not sure when he'll be back.
Old 12-03-04, 06:12 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by BobaDrift
Wakita owns the shop blast racing. They are located right next to Motorex if anyone is interested in looking them up.
His V8 was in the purple SC and made ~1700hp. There are plenty of custom parts in that engine. At the moment he is out of the country. Not sure when he'll be back.
1700 HP? Hmmmmmm, the possibilities are looking even stronger for the V8

Ryan
Old 12-03-04, 07:18 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex
I will keep my cool as well. I believe I posted something a couple of pages back to the same affect that SC400T and Lextreme are saying. But I will say no matter where you go or what you do haters always follow
hey Philly nice sig!

CEO
Old 12-03-04, 07:20 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by BobaDrift
i would not even know what to do with 600HP less known 1700HP...that has got to be crazy!

CEO
Old 12-03-04, 07:31 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by THE_CEO
i would not even know what to do with 600HP less known 1700HP...that has got to be crazy!

CEO
In most cases, anything over 600 HP is not even practical on the street, let alone useable. Where in today's metro areas is there even enough room to soar to 100 mph, and maintain it for even a little while?

My project is for the street, where my car lives, the track is an occasional thing. 650 crank HP is my goal. That should be no problem in transferring 450-500 HP to the wheels...

Ryan

Old 12-03-04, 08:40 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

hey Philly nice sig!
Thanks man

Where in today's metro areas is there even enough room to soar to 100 mph, and maintain it for even a little while?
I dont know about in Flordia where you are SC400T but there is more than enough room here in Italy to do those speeds daily and more than a few seconds So dont worry I have you covered on that point

650 crank HP is my goal. That should be no problem in transferring 450-500 HP to the wheels...
That means we have the same goal numbers, 500 ponies to the wheels should be more than enough power to destroy, not beat 97% of cars on the street. And thats what I want to do.
Old 12-03-04, 07:56 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by THE_CEO

CEO
There is plenty of potential with the V8 motor as long as it is properly built. I know that Wakita uses the HKS Fcon V Pro to tune it. Not sure if he is using it as a stand alone or piggy back.

Oh and "He has more than one of these motors and they're not in use."

Can you say swap?

Last edited by BobaDrift; 12-03-04 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-03-04, 09:50 PM
chrisman
Driver

hey guys, yea, mr wakita must have alot of money in development--parts and stuff.. i think i remember reading he does all his own fabrication..--but you still need to get parts machined/made..
the ceo had asked if the supra brakes were good/adequate.. yea, they feel great.. its probably the best braking car ive ever drivin.. the brakes are very good..
another quick update-- weve tried to get some friends to race.. nothing crazy, but some friends cars that are consisitent..its been realy hard to get guys to race-- it seems that everyone has car that is currently not running well..--i find it a little hard to believe...
i did get a friend who has a honda place--this one is called "TOP SETUP" to do some highway pulls.. his civic hatch has a 2.0 rsx motor and has run a best of mid 12s at like 110mph..
we started from a rolling start, but the honda guy-charlie- said his tires were spining in 4th..we were actually pretty even, and even pulled ahead when he shifted.. the second time we raced again from a rolling start, we went sideways when the lexus downshifted--actually pretty scary at 60 mph.. so we let off..
i know originally(pre turbos) thje car ran high 15s in the 1/4 mile.. if i were to guess what its running now, id say its running low 14s or better..
i maybe a little conservative, but thats how i am.. the car feels great, and pulls very strong all the way thru the rpm range.. i remember that pre turbo it would feel like it would fall flat in trhe upper rpms--thats gone now..
ive seen the boost go as high as seven, but it evens out at 5-6..
someone asked what the target boost will be for this v-8..i think with trhese internals(stock pistons) i think i would not want to go much higher than 6-7 psi..
i have run turboed 4s as high as 23+ psi on the street before with toyota ct26 turbos.. and could forsee running that or more after some of the internals on the v8 get changed-- i also plan to run 8 more injctors on the next v8 that gets installed in the car..but i still want to run the toyota ecu and will try to use as manyy toyota parts as possible..
and lastly, i have brought my digi cam to my girl friends and plan to spend the next hour getting or at least trying to get the software uploaded so i can directly download some pics..
Old 12-03-04, 11:47 PM
chrisman
Driver

LET ME SEE IF I CAN GET SOME PICS UPLOADED..yeah.. i think i can.. this is a pic i may have postaed already.. in it you can see how the exhaust is routed past the alternator.. i used a smaller alt- that was rebuilt--its also uped to 100 amp.. its originally from a corrolla, and the wirring is similarr--but is physically smaller,, if you lookk closely, you can see some of the heat shields also..
ok. at least i know i can pics online again.. its kinda late- so talk to you guys tomorow..
Attached Thumbnails Another Twin Turbo SC400?-dscf0480.jpg  

Last edited by chrisman; 12-03-04 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-04-04, 12:19 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by chrisman
LET ME SEE IF I CAN GET SOME PICS UPLOADED..yeah.. i think i can.. this is a pic i may have postaed already.. in it you can see how the exhaust is routed past the alternator.. i used a smaller alt- that was rebuilt--its also uped to 100 amp.. its originally from a corrolla, and the wirring is similarr--but is physically smaller,, if you lookk closely, you can see some of the heat shields also..
ok. at least i know i can pics online again.. its kinda late- so talk to you guys tomorow..
Nice work Chrisman. Keep posting...
Old 12-04-04, 01:12 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Old 12-04-04, 08:54 PM
twizt2
Rookie

Thanks for the reply chrisman.
Old 12-04-04, 10:08 PM
chrisman
Driver

il try some more pics..heres a pic of one of the downpipes.. its 3 inch, and goes into 3 inch dual exhaust.. i also- previously-had made the dual exhaust with a crossover.. it goes into flowmaster mufflers.. it was kinda loud before the turbos, but now is kinda quite.. in my opinion turbo cars should run NO mufflers.. the turbos quiet up the exhaust enough.. just my opinion..
oh yea, this is the drivers side.. it is the side that goes where the ac was..
Attached Thumbnails Another Twin Turbo SC400?-dscf0471.jpg  

Last edited by chrisman; 12-04-04 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-04-04, 10:22 PM
chrisman
Driver

heres a pic of the intercooler.. i made the end tanks, and bought the core online..its actually pretty large-but fits well.. i fit it in in front of the rad, angled down.. il get more pics of the instalation tomorow.. the owner is stoping by because i still have no outdoor pics..
you can also see the other downpipe and a header--sorry about the bluryness..
Attached Thumbnails Another Twin Turbo SC400?-dscf0484.jpg  

Last edited by chrisman; 12-04-04 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Twin Turbo SC400?