Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-04, 10:36 PM
chrisman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres a pic of the dual exhaust under the car.. its 3 inch all the way back.. in all there are 4 glasspack type muffs and 2 flowmaster 40 series muffs.. i cant remember where the cats are?
Attached Thumbnails Another Twin Turbo SC400?-dscf0424.jpg  
Old 12-04-04, 11:33 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanna see a pic of that FMIC installed....please Chris....more pics please....and great work, looks more promising and inspiring with every pic...
Old 12-05-04, 01:49 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Please hurry, I ready to go SC3 hunting! I have a few guys on my hit list Sike I just would like to see some numbers. Thank again and you are doing great work man.
Old 12-06-04, 09:57 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex
Please hurry, I ready to go SC3 hunting! I have a few guys on my hit list Sike I just would like to see some numbers. Thank again and you are doing great work man.
hehe i love it....im still just looking for the ultimate sleeper!

CEO
Old 12-06-04, 11:22 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Hi Guys. I'm Bob
I own the White SC 400 that Chris installed the Twin Turbos on.

A couple of thing. 1 I don't drive like Superman. Chris is always paranoid that everything is going to break.

I did upgrade the Breaks to the Supra TT front and rear with drilled rotors and SS break lines.
I did everything in steps. first the fronts, then the rears, and then the SS lines. The front Calipers made a Huge improvment. everything else was nice. I would recomend this upgrade to everybody.

The turbo's are killer. The car is a different animal. every time It hits 4K RPM under boost you better have your hands on the wheel, the the rear end is breaking loose.
The car is very fast on the expressway. I pulled away pretty hard from a G35 about 2 nights ago.
I also raced a 300ZX Twin turbo, and left him in the dust. He pulled up at the next light, and gave me the Thumbs up.

Thanks for the support guys.
Bob
Old 12-06-04, 11:32 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rdm20fan
Hi Guys. I'm Bob

A couple of thing. 1 I don't drive like Superman. Chris is always paranoid that everything is going to break.

I did upgrade the Breaks to the Supra TT front and rear with drilled rotors and SS break lines.
I did everything in steps. first the fronts, then the rears, and then the SS lines. The front Calipers made a Huge improvment. everything else was nice. I would recomend this upgrade to everybody.

The turbo's are killer. The car is a different animal. every time It hits 4K RPM under boost you better have your hands on the wheel, the the rear end is breaking loose.
The car is very fast on the expressway. I pulled away pretty hard from a G35 about 2 nights ago.
I also raced a 300ZX Twin turbo, and left him in the dust. He pulled up at the next light, and gave me the Thumbs up.

Bob
Bob,
You're one lucky dude.....
Any pics or vids would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-06-04, 11:37 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Super Charged Gs400 and never come to this forum, but I happened to stumble across this thread purely by accident last week and have been simply mesmerized by it. Congratulations it looks like you hyave a fine piece of machinery there.
Old 12-06-04, 11:54 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Welcome aboard rdm and let me say congratulations on owning the vehicle that has had me salivating gallons since I first saw the pics of the build up!!!! Thanks to people like you and Chrisman, us other SC400 owners may be able to join the FI ranks. Thanks to you and Chrisman for all your time and trial error with the TT!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-04, 12:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,258 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Welcome Bob!
Old 12-06-04, 12:34 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by rdm20fan
Hi Guys. I'm Bob

Bob
Hey Bob welcome to CL!!!.... now down to business ...we want to see some vid's of this monster in motion...thanks

CEO

Last edited by THE_CEO; 12-06-04 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-06-04, 07:45 PM
chrisman
Driver

hey Bob, glad to see you finlly made it here..
i guess bob can give you guys updates on how the car is running..
and now everyone can get him to take it to a dyno.. its his daily driver, but i think everyone wants to see some numbers---especially me..

more pics will be posted- but were not getting any nice days in chicago--mostly foggy and wet..bob was over on sunday, but it was misserable out..but as soon as i get some fresh pics i will post ..for now i will try and see what pics i have left..
if anyone has any specific questions-feel free to ask..
theres not alot in this pic, but you can see how i decide to run the belt once the ac was removed--also in one of the earlier pics-you can see that i ran the belt differently from the alt to PS.. i did that to keep the belt away from the header.. the tensioner still does its job..
also, you can see where i took the oil supply for the turbos.. it is from where the oil pressure sensor was.. it T's into 2 and then i used 2 steel lines that go to the turbos.. each turbo has its own drain direct to the oil pan--which is relatively easy to remove..
i had also plumed in an oil cooler, but i havn't routed the oil thru it yet.. its mounted to the frame that holds the fan, and uses the air that goes thru the fan to help cool the oil..
Attached Thumbnails Another Twin Turbo SC400?-dscf0485.jpg  

Last edited by chrisman; 12-06-04 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-07-04, 06:15 AM
twizt2
Rookie

...I'm going to be silly for a second and say that Bob's signature is tripping me out...

...just a simple, factual statement of what's under the hood...

...like it hasn't been the holy grail of some of you guys on this board for years now...

Old 12-07-04, 08:08 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by twizt2
...I'm going to be silly for a second and say that Bob's signature is tripping me out...

...just a simple, factual statement of what's under the hood...

...like it hasn't been the holy grail of some of you guys on this board for years now...

hey man "the relentless pursuit of twin turbos!"

CEO
Old 12-07-04, 01:43 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club Bob.
Nice kills btw!!!
Old 12-08-04, 08:13 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Hey Guys Thanks For the warm welcome!
Chris and I built a 92' Toyota Paseo a couple years back, and a car that stock ran 18's ended up running 12's at almost 120 MPH in the quarter.

So my 93' Lexus Stock ran a 15.7 @ 89Mph (Is that average)
I'm extremely excited to see what we can make her run with the Turbo's.

On the whole 300 vs 400 thing. I'm really just a Toyota nut. I don't care who's kicking @$$ as long as it's Toyota powered.
I don't think the V8 is any less of a motor then the L6! The V8 simply doesn't have the support of the aftermarket like the L6 does.
I think that will change shortly. Toyota has the 4.0 4.3 4.7 and soon to be the 5.3? all based on the same block. In the U.S. these motors were only used in the trucks, and lexus line. This is why they were missed by the aftermarket, not because they are less superior then the rest of Toyota's engines.

Again Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited by rdm20fan; 12-08-04 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Another Twin Turbo SC400?