Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-04, 09:22 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by FortuneSC
ChronoJ1, those headers, manifolds rather, go towards the front of the car,where the turbos are mounted, you should ask if he'll make you some for your car, and chrisman it sounds like you have a lot of future customers including me i was wondering when you might plan on starting on the 2nd car so i can have some idea of when you would want to twin turbo mine, i unlike most everyone else dont care for the a/c, as i never use it, thats why god invented windows, and a breez right? granted it doesnt always blow. but ive survived thus far gas is too expensive to be killing fuel mileage with a/c anyways.
Must never get to 98% humidity, 98 degrees, and stifling hot in Iowa... People would suffer heat stroke in Fl without the AC, at least in the summer...

Ryan
Old 12-16-04, 09:53 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Becareful guys.... dont talk about money... otherwise this thread will be closed........
Old 12-16-04, 10:09 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lextreme
Becareful guys.... dont talk about money... otherwise this thread will be closed........
Close this glorious thread? NO!!!!!
Old 12-16-04, 11:11 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by DarchMage
Close this glorious thread? NO!!!!!
i would hate do be responsible for that! point duly noted, it does get 98 and yes even over 100 here in iowa and we get high humidity although not 98% we hit the 80th percentile sometimes tho, i jus tuff it out tho, i dont like a/c fer some reason tho, maybe its because my dad never used it when i was growing up... who knows...
Old 12-16-04, 11:47 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

I live in IA and I hardly ever use my AC. Just north of DesMoines, in Ames
Old 12-16-04, 12:50 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by FortuneSC
i would hate do be responsible for that! point duly noted, it does get 98 and yes even over 100 here in iowa and we get high humidity although not 98% we hit the 80th percentile sometimes tho, i jus tuff it out tho, i dont like a/c fer some reason tho, maybe its because my dad never used it when i was growing up... who knows...
yes this is very true the Mid-west is heating up at a crazy rate over the last 10 years!

CEO
Old 12-16-04, 09:37 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

In Tx,... AC is a requirement,... ESPECIALLY in humid azz Houston.

What's the haps on the boosted SC4??
Old 12-17-04, 12:51 AM
chrisman
Driver

ryan had asked about the header tube size--il save you alot of trouble ryan.. the headers are for a tundra truck-.. you still will have to change one tube out of the eight- it interferes with the frame rail- and of course you will have to (flip) use the passenger header to the driverside--and the drivers header to the passenger side.. then you can cut the ends off for your collector and turbo flange..
making a set of custom headers usually takes me a week.. if you buy some tundra headers and try what i said, you can have them done in half the time..and save some cash to..i believe you can get the tundra headers for cheap if you look hard enough.. truthfully, getting the original exhaust manifolds off was harder than making the new headers.
Old 12-17-04, 02:19 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Originally posted by qtb33
I live in IA and I hardly ever use my AC. Just north of DesMoines, in Ames
Hey qtb33 I just opened a store south of you (I Think) in West Des Moine. Jordon Creek Town Center.
I oipened the Checker Flag Lightning Store. NASCAR Simulators over by Dillards. West Des Moine Seams like a really nice town.

Anyway, I'm going to try and make the meet on Sunday the 19th.
Where are you guys meeting?
Old 12-17-04, 02:24 PM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rdm20fan
Hey qtb33 I just opened a store south of you (I Think) in West Des Moine. Jordon Creek Town Center.
I oipened the Checker Flag Lightning Store. NASCAR Simulators over by Dillards. West Des Moine Seams like a really nice town.

Anyway, I'm going to try and make the meet on Sunday the 19th.
Where are you guys meeting?
Sounds cool. I don't know about any meet yet. Shoot me a pm if you want to tell me about!
Old 12-17-04, 03:06 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

west des moines is a nice town, getting even nicer its expanding a lot down here. i live in a suburb called windsor heights, its bordering west des moines, thats pretty cool that you own that store i go to jordan creek often and have been in your store a few times, its quite nice, if you ever go out there in your car id really like to see it!
Old 12-20-04, 01:18 PM
gas57
Driver School Candidate

Default Turbo SC400?

I own a 1999 SC400, white, and would like to have a supercharger installed. I live in South Texas and the AC just has to work. So a single, not twin is the ticket. I just found this site and forum and am looking forward to having such a mod be available!!!
Old 12-20-04, 03:17 PM
buNNyIS
Driver School Candidate

Hey chrisman, I met you at the meet this weekend. The car looks amazing in person, you did some really good work. I will contact u sometime soon...I think i will be the NEXT person to step up to the bat.....maybe we can even try something a little bit different. Anyways...Great work and Bob thats a nice *** car, next time i see you I WANT A RIDE!!!!!!!

Last edited by buNNyIS; 12-20-04 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-20-04, 08:06 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi buNNyIS, thanks for the nice words.. trying something different is what i like.. it keeps things fun at work.. just pm me.. i remember when i use to goto mechnics and ask them to do something-- then theyd say--"impossible, cant be done" ..i used to HATE it when theyd say that.. thats why i got into working on cars in the first place..
Old 12-22-04, 06:53 AM
twizt2
Rookie

Just checking in. Any new developments on the TT? What's next for our intrepid R&D team.

Quick Reply: Another Twin Turbo SC400?