Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04 | 02:30 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by gas57
I own a 1999 SC400, white, and would like to have a supercharger installed. I live in South Texas and the AC just has to work. So a single, not twin is the ticket. I just found this site and forum and am looking forward to having such a mod be available!!!
Why would you be concerned whether its a single or twin turbo? You said you wanted a supercharger. No practical aplications for a twin supercharger.
Old 12-23-04 | 07:48 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Thanks BunnyIS.
I'm sorry, but I don't rember who you are from the meet.
Hey FortuneSC I'm not the owner of Checkerflag lightning. I manager a store here, and went to Iowa to help in the opening of that store.

I wanted to share a couple of kills I had the other day with you guys. I was driving down Golf rd when a new GTO pulled up next to me. I wasn't paying attention and just thought it was a Grand Prix. He hit it at about 30MPH and took off, so I bit, and went after him, I caught up, and slowly proceded to pass him by. (He didn't like that very much)
so we then get lined up at the next light. the light turned green, and I took him off the line just by a little bit, and then the tires started spinning. I had to lift twice. Then the tires grabed. at 80MPH I had about 3 cars on him. (He really didn't like that!! he followed me around with his brites on for about 2-3 block)
I also had a run on 53 with a G35. That car was pretty fast, but not as fast as he needed to be. I slowly pulled away from him until about 140 then we decided to call it. I did get a thumbs up as I let him by.
Old 12-23-04 | 08:07 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rdm20fan
Thanks BunnyIS.
Hey FortuneSC I'm not the owner of Checkerflag lightning. I manager a store here, and went to Iowa to help in the opening of that store.

I wanted to share a couple of kills I had the other day with you guys. I was driving down Golf rd when a new GTO pulled up next to me. I wasn't paying attention and just thought it was a Grand Prix. He hit it at about 30MPH and took off, so I bit, and went after him, I caught up, and slowly proceded to pass him by. (He didn't like that very much)
so we then get lined up at the next light. the light turned green, and I took him off the line just by a little bit, and then the tires started spinning. I had to lift twice. Then the tires grabed. at 80MPH I had about 3 cars on him. (He really didn't like that!! he followed me around with his brites on for about 2-3 block)
I also had a run on 53 with a G35. That car was pretty fast, but not as fast as he needed to be. I slowly pulled away from him until about 140 then we decided to call it. I did get a thumbs up as I let him by.
Sweet dude~!
Now look for an SRT-4 and give me that satisfaction I've always wanted
Old 12-23-04 | 08:07 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Why would you be concerned whether its a single or twin turbo? You said you wanted a supercharger. No practical aplications for a twin supercharger.
There are alot of Twin Supercharged cars... Lots of domestic guys experimenting with it- shoot, Blitz even made a twin supercharger kit for the 3UZ-FE (GS430, SC430...)
Old 12-23-04 | 08:12 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rdm20fan
Thanks BunnyIS.

Nice kills ....have you ran across anything in the corvette category?

CEO
Old 12-23-04 | 09:10 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by sc400texas
There are alot of Twin Supercharged cars... Lots of domestic guys experimenting with it- shoot, Blitz even made a twin supercharger kit for the 3UZ-FE (GS430, SC430...)
Damn!! I stand corrected then!
MK inserts foot in mouth

Last edited by mkorsu; 12-23-04 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-23-04 | 04:17 PM
gas57
Driver School Candidate

I own a 1999 SC400, white, and would like to have a supercharger installed. I live in South Texas and the AC just has to work. So a single, not twin is the ticket. I just found this site and forum and am looking forward to having such a mod be available!!!

[QUOTE=mkorsu]Why would you be concerned whether its a single or twin turbo?
See sentence two and three in my original post.

You said you wanted a supercharger. No practical aplications for a twin supercharger.[/QUOTE=mkorsu
See sentence three in my original post.

Chrisman,
When you can do a single force-induction, I will be in line to have it done!!!
Happy Holidays to everyone!!!
Jeff in Texas
Old 12-26-04 | 07:40 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Chrisman,
When you can do a single force-induction, I will be in line to have it done!!!
Happy Holidays to everyone!!!
Jeff in Texas
Just send him a PM. I'm sure he can do a Single.
Old 12-28-04 | 07:57 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

originally posted by THE CEO: Nice kills ....have you ran across anything in the corvette category?
i am also interested in knowing this! corvettes are what i am aiming for, maybe vipers in the future!
just saving for that setup...

Last edited by FortuneLS; 12-28-04 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-28-04 | 10:51 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi everyone, we might be getting somme more info/numbers on the performance of bobs car soon.. it all depends on the weather we get this weekend.. i sure hope it doesn't rain. bobs car is back at my shop getting ready for the weekend..i want to try some ideas/contraptions out.
AND, are there any other sc400's getting turbos done yet? where is everybody,,
Old 12-29-04 | 06:21 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by chrisman
hi everyone, we might be getting somme more info/numbers on the performance of bobs car soon.. it all depends on the weather we get this weekend.. i sure hope it doesn't rain. bobs car is back at my shop getting ready for the weekend..i want to try some ideas/contraptions out.
AND, are there any other sc400's getting turbos done yet? where is everybody,,
We're all here!!! We're waiting for you to finish with Bob's so you can start on ours!!
Old 12-29-04 | 07:52 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

yes, i believe many of us are waiting for the final tuning and results on bobs car so we can start lining up at the door of your garage!!
Old 12-29-04 | 08:50 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
yes, i believe many of us are waiting for the final tuning and results on bobs car so we can start lining up at the door of your garage!!
Hah! He said "final". Is there such a thing?

Chris
Old 12-29-04 | 11:28 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Hah! He said "final". Is there such a thing?

Chris
He's not joking. This car has been in and out of chris shop since the day I bought it.
I keep changing my mind, and adding things.
my car will probably never be done, but the complete TT setup is, and is driven every day. Currently chris is working on a couple of trans Ideas, and additional fuel, but this is for additional HP.
We made 370 RWHP with this set up, and a Fuel pressure regulator.
all the kills and dyno results are ar 7-8PSI my motor also had 160K on it.
Old 12-29-04 | 09:48 PM
chrisman
Driver

yea, final is such a final word.. the car is back in my hands for a few days.. i get to check everything over and try some stuff i wanted to try.. some super-secret-crazy-why-not-ideas i have.. back to the lab!..

Quick Reply: Another Twin Turbo SC400?