Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-04, 12:12 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by chrisman
cost for the turbos and everything installed would be 5500-6000.. now thats parts and labor--using 2 toyota ct26s.. for an extra 750, i would make the rest of the exhaust--3 inch duals all the way back.. since i would be making everything anyway-there is a certain amount of flexibility for the turbos--which ones you would want.. but i have had good luck using the ct26s and i think there durability is proven.. and of course-they are toyota..
this may sound cheap to some guys and expensive to others..but since i do all the work myself, for myself i have a great amount of control as to what it cost me..
it does include the large intercooler..
now, all that being said--this twin system should be kept at low boost because nothing is done to the engine managment-or engine itself.. lower compression,forged pistons and more fuel would be the way to go for serious HP..
on this sc400 i will eventually add 8 more injectors and an in house extra injection controller a friend is developing for me.. again, i have had great success running extra injctors which come on when boost comes on.. anyway, im gonna try posting a pic again--if not i will be back online late tonight..
how long was the time to do the turbo intall from start to finish?

CEO
Old 11-13-04, 12:13 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by THE_CEO
ha ha you know it!

CEO
Sorry guys but I think it will be a while before you can reach the same level as SC300 turbo guys.

But no doubt, more power to all of us if there are more turbo SC out there.

Chris
Old 11-13-04, 12:16 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Sorry guys but I think it will be a while before you can reach the same level as SC300 turbo guys.

Chris
yeah i understand......without changing the internals and with minimal work....we will have atleast minor boost....which for me would be a place to start!...hehe

CEO
Old 11-13-04, 12:39 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

.....ya'll know I'm over here grinning... and rubbin' my hands in anticipation.....

now for a Tx person... I'd have to drive up there and leave the car for how long??? AND IN TX AC IS A REQUIREMENT!!!!
Old 11-13-04, 03:19 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone ever heard of electric a/c?
Was wondering, since they have electric power steering pumps now.
That SC is pretty slick, what a sleeper!
Old 11-13-04, 04:11 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey lextreme, can you post an under hood shot of your manifold. I am curious how you routed all you runners to the turbo.
Old 11-13-04, 04:23 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Lextreme
Nice work! Finally, all the talks are gone. I am so glad u got it done. Your setup looks very similar to mine single turbo. I have a T70 right now, but putting in a Garrett GT40 next week.

Very soon, Ryan aka SC400T will have his Single Turbo SC400. He is using the same GT turbo.
Good job on the TT. It is exciting to finally see some V8 FI out there. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for the kudos David, looking forward to completing the project, and the proposed Shootout in Texas in 05

I looked at a TT seriously, but was not willing to give up my AC. I live in FL. It is hot and humid, especially in the summer...

As far as making the SC300 guys sweat, we're all family here. It's great for any and all who accomplish FI. My goal is also that I want a quick and fast street car, not a track car. So, although HP is important, it is but one component of many to consider when designing your FI application.

Again, Kudos on the work with the TT Awesome...

Ryan
Old 11-13-04, 05:01 PM
2jz LEXURY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DIrEctQL

Chris
lol I will slip race any V8 Soarer that recons they can beat my times (soon to be doing more runs and is cabable of running a fast 9 imo) lol its good to see i was going to use the UZ b4 i got the 2j. I great Exaple of what the UZ can do is the UZ TT powered Supra in japan pumping out an impressive 1750 HP << might have been 1690* can't remember.

Love your work very good for a small garage loving ur dedication and work.
Old 11-13-04, 05:45 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Here is the Garrett GT40 in my 1UZFE
Old 11-13-04, 08:01 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never heard of this car, where is your shop?

Chris (white SC that run's 10's, soon 9's )
Old 11-13-04, 10:11 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

awesome project!! I cant wait to see it in person! tell your friend to bring it around the the chicago meets. It sounds like its going good, Let us know when its all done. What kind of HP is it putting out? i take it you havent taken it to the dyno yet. Hopefully he will be able to have some fun before it snows...

Kevin

by the way, I am assuming its a White SC? Because mine is white and people have confused me with Quikturbo's car a few times... and its really embarrassing to tell them that its not his, and its 2-3 seconds slower....

Last edited by lexcoupe; 11-13-04 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-14-04, 12:08 AM
chrisman
Driver

man, alot of posts..
quick turbo-- my shop is in palatine.. cmracing..
ive been around here for a while--small shop.. the car (lexus) is not mine, i m putting it together for a friend.. right now i have an mr2 i should be working on ..i just sold a turbod 4age paseo that was kinda fast-- you might have seen that around..
lextreme--it looks like you and me had the same idea as to placing the turbo.. did you run the downpipe past the ac compressor? or did you go around to the other side? the steering is on that side also, so it is kinda tight around there..
someone asked how long it took me.. this one(the 1st) took me about 5 weeks--but i did other work also..
id say it should take me 2-4 weeks from start to finish depending on how busy i am..
as for the ac? i am not the kinda person that would say it cant be installed also, but in this case, it was easier to remove it.. this car will evevntually make some serious HP,(hopefully)..and in chicago it really only gets hot for 2 months..
now i did take some good pics today, but i will try and upload them-i need to goto fuji online and down load something .. il try and get back to this thread tonight..
Old 11-14-04, 01:13 AM
chrisman
Driver

heres a pic from today..i know its dark, but you should still be able to make out the stuff thats relocated.. i used as many of the orig parts as possible, even the fan..although i did not use the shroud....il take some outdoor pics tomorrow..maybe the light will be better..
Attached Thumbnails Another Twin Turbo SC400?-dscf0497.jpg  
Old 11-14-04, 02:32 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TT V8, very nice!!!
Keep us posted on this car.
Old 11-14-04, 07:43 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by Richie