Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05, 09:06 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisman
hi bryan--neet pics.. but im not sure if your were able to get turbos on an sc or not--from your post.. did you get one together for a customer, or yourself? and did it only take one week?..
the maxima looks good-- seems like your willing to try anything..
give us some more info..
and heres an update on rdms ttsc400.. the 8 extra fuel injector setup seems to be working well--but in the mean time,, the motor has started to show its age and the abuse it has gotten so far.. at a local track,, it was blowing a bunch of smoke this past weeken--enough for us to pack it up and drive home.. we will be putting in a spare motor i have at the shop so rdm can drive the car this summer..im heading for a couple month vacation,, and i want rdm to drive the car while im gone..
we have some forged pistons--so the motor in the car now will get a rebuild,,and a freshening up, and will get put back in the car when i get back in september.. anyway,, il try and keep an eye on the net to see whats going on.. rdm may get brave and take the spare motor up to the track.. i was able to datalog some afr's,, and it looked pretty good by the last run before we decoded to pack up..

by the way,, i met one more chris-Chris T.- and another chris,DirectorQL- was also at the track.--its nice to see LEXUS represented so well.. i wish rdms motor would have lasted a little more--but believe me when i say im surprised it has lasted this long.. it has definately seen some thrashing..
Here is the video from that day:

http://chicagolexusclub.org/temp/track_day.wmv

Unfortunetly my cameraman sucks. Just kidding. It got real cold and he was in shorts and tshirt. I didn't really try to launch the car and I runned without race gas. This was "REAL STREET RACES" night so no 1/4 mile times for the public.

Chris

PS. I'm in the green SC300TT, then it's Bob with white SC400TT, and Chris T. with the last white SC300T.

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 06-22-05 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-23-05, 12:15 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Here is the video from that day:

http://chicagolexusclub.org/temp/track_day.wmv

Unfortunetly my cameraman sucks. Just kidding. It got real cold and he was in shorts and tshirt. I didn't really try to launch the car and I runned without race gas. This was "REAL STREET RACES" night so no 1/4 mile times for the public.

Chris

PS. I'm in the green SC300TT, then it's Bob with white SC400TT, and Chris T. with the last white SC300T.
Oh man! I like the show and feel the rush from it. I'm currently owning a SC400 and thinking about putting a single turbo on it. Just out of my curiosity as long as for more knowledge, could you tell how many horsepower and a 1/4 mile ET your SC300 has, along with Bob SC400 and Chris SC300?
Old 06-23-05, 10:38 AM
chrisman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can only speak for bobs sc400.. he head previously dynoed at about 375 to the wheels.. the day at the track he did manage a 108 mph-- but the car was smoking up a bunch--especially towards the end of the day.. i was trying a bunch of different tunes for the extra injectors--i was getting close to a good afr-- but the motor had had it.. i will be putting in the spare motor this weekend,, so stay tuned..
Old 06-25-05, 01:07 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

i can only speak for bobs sc400.. he head previously dynoed at about 375 to the wheels.. the day at the track he did manage a 108 mph-- but the car was smoking up a bunch--especially towards the end of the day.. i was trying a bunch of different tunes for the extra injectors--i was getting close to a good afr-- but the motor had had it.. i will be putting in the spare motor this weekend,, so stay tuned..
yeah i wanna get this process perfected...hehe so can get started with no glitches...

CEO
Old 06-25-05, 05:11 PM
chrisman
Driver

were actually puling the motor now--just taking a break.. we have a real hot weekend up here--mid 90s--so its tough getting anyone to help.. but were gonna keep going" till we cants stands no more.."
Old 06-25-05, 05:15 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

were actually puling the motor now--just taking a break.. we have a real hot weekend up here--mid 90s--so its tough getting anyone to help.. but were gonna keep going" till we cants stands no more.."
nice is the tranny still holding up...

CEO
Old 06-25-05, 05:16 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You go, Chris...

Ryan
Old 09-14-05, 09:58 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

hey chrisman...whats the latest i havent been on lately..maybe you guys started a new thread....

CEO
Old 09-14-05, 11:42 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
hey chrisman...whats the latest i havent been on lately..maybe you guys started a new thread....

CEO
I think he's still on vacation.
Old 09-15-05, 07:12 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi guys, i got back in the country a few days ago,, and getting my bearings..
the tranny is-was fine.. but we were gonna replace the motor.. rdm decided to wait till i got back--and im back..
im in the shop right now and rdm is taking apart the spare engine as i speak.. were gonna go thru it--new forged pistons-rings- bearings--stuff like that..im gonna freshen up the head also--a light valve job..
im figuring it should be in the car next week sometime.. i am working on a few things now--1 camaro turbo project as well as some super secret stuff, "i could tell you but id have to kill you".. .so i will be busy..but--i am vacationed out and feel pretty good--so i should be able to get thru this stuff quickly..
Old 09-16-05, 01:50 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

hi guys, i got back in the country a few days ago,, and getting my bearings..
the tranny is-was fine.. but we were gonna replace the motor.. rdm decided to wait till i got back--and im back..
im in the shop right now and rdm is taking apart the spare engine as i speak.. were gonna go thru it--new forged pistons-rings- bearings--stuff like that..im gonna freshen up the head also--a light valve job..
im figuring it should be in the car next week sometime.. i am working on a few things now--1 camaro turbo project as well as some super secret stuff, "i could tell you but id have to kill you".. .so i will be busy..but--i am vacationed out and feel pretty good--so i should be able to get thru this stuff quickly..
Keep us posted Chris.
I for one really enjoy reading about your projects, the top secret stuff sounds good too.
Old 09-16-05, 09:27 PM
chrisman
Driver

im gonna get RDM to start a new thread describing the disassembly-cleanup-and assembly of the (his) engine..hes actually been very involved in this lately..and i know he has a nice and new digi cam..
Old 09-17-05, 10:38 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

im gonna get RDM to start a new thread describing the disassembly-cleanup-and assembly of the (his) engine..hes actually been very involved in this lately..and i know he has a nice and new digi cam..
nice we are all waiting...

CEO
Old 09-18-05, 04:05 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
nice we are all waiting...

CEO
Yup, allways enjoy the writeups.