Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-04 | 03:26 PM
legendary
Racer

very cool....

good luck on the finished product
Old 11-15-04 | 08:52 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

when are you gonna get this thing dyno'd...i want some numbers...hehe

CEO
Old 11-15-04 | 10:03 AM
chrisman
Driver

i dont know if it will get dynoed soon.. i plan to gradually increase boost--making sure along the way that its safe to.. the owner/driver is agressive when it comes to driving, so i want to make sure he doesnt break anything right away....
i will be learning along the way- i guess-- as to what the motor-fuel-etc is capable of doing..
i already have a spare engine sitting at the shop, ant thats the engine that will evevntually get installed.. the other engine will get pistons rods and a fresshening up.. the owner of the car already has a different turbo--a turbonetics turbo.. the one they sell for tthe early supra..twinn ball bearing, and the large compressor housing.. he will need to get one more, but i guess hes half way there..
right now its kinda like training wheels..i made shure everything i made is good for making some HP, because i dont want to remake anythig..BUT, once the new motor, larger turbo and extra injectors and fuel --and ignition-which still needs to be worked out, gets installed-- i hope to get big numbers when it comes to HP..
the trans is what im kinda worried about now.. its got miles on it, and i dont know how it will hold up.. i might convince the owner to go to a different trans when the new motor goes in..maybe a powerglide.. there relatively cheap, and being a 2 speed i think would work well with a turbo motor..
Old 11-15-04 | 10:15 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by chrisman
i dont know if it will get dynoed soon.. i plan to gradually increase boost--making sure along the way that its safe to.. the owner/driver is agressive when it comes to driving, so i want to make sure he doesnt break anything right away....
i will be learning along the way- i guess-- as to what the motor-fuel-etc is capable of doing..
i already have a spare engine sitting at the shop, ant thats the engine that will evevntually get installed.. the other engine will get pistons rods and a fresshening up.. the owner of the car already has a different turbo--a turbonetics turbo.. the one they sell for tthe early supra..twinn ball bearing, and the large compressor housing.. he will need to get one more, but i guess hes half way there..
right now its kinda like training wheels..i made shure everything i made is good for making some HP, because i dont want to remake anythig..BUT, once the new motor, larger turbo and extra injectors and fuel --and ignition-which still needs to be worked out, gets installed-- i hope to get big numbers when it comes to HP..
the trans is what im kinda worried about now.. its got miles on it, and i dont know how it will hold up.. i might convince the owner to go to a different trans when the new motor goes in..maybe a powerglide.. there relatively cheap, and being a 2 speed i think would work well with a turbo motor..
Ok sounds good...just keep updating us and posting pics....cause people are gonna wanna see your progress...

CEO
Old 11-16-04 | 05:07 AM
jcm3
Pole Position

Let me know when this is finished and a contact number. We'll swin on up and take a look. Definately am interested..im up in Chicago.
Old 11-16-04 | 06:42 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Originally posted by jcm3
Let me know when this is finished and a contact number. We'll swin on up and take a look. Definately am interested..im up in Chicago.
Hmmm.... I'm up forthat too.

Chris
Old 11-16-04 | 09:12 AM
chrisman
Driver

the car will be on the road anyday, but i will let the owner know.. if you guys want, i 'l get the owner to come by this weekend so he can show you guys the car.. i just have a few things to finish off, but i know he wants to pick it up ASAP... il get back to this forum with details..
i am finishing some polishing and will post some nice pics as soon as i do.. one of the things im trying is replacing the MAS or MAF with intake piping.. im removing the sensor from the cast lexus housing and installing it in the alum intake piping..-i want to see how/if it will work.. it looks alot cleaner, but i want to make sure it works well..-- i like trying stuff out.. makes going to work a little more interesting..
Old 11-16-04 | 09:16 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Hmmm.... I'm up forthat too.

Chris
hell ill drive in from michigan to see it.....anyone wanna fly in?

CEO
Old 11-16-04 | 10:08 AM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

this looks very very promising, keep it up
Old 11-16-04 | 10:19 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by llmidnitellsc40
this looks very very promising, keep it up
yes expecially if it is a bolt on kit....and minor things in the engine bay have to be moved around...keep up the good work guys...

CEO
Old 11-16-04 | 10:19 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Hey East Coasters..... I'm feelin' road trip come spring time!!!!!!
Old 11-16-04 | 10:22 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by mkorsu
Hey East Coasters..... I'm feelin' road trip come spring time!!!!!!
yeah we can hold a meet at his shop if he has it finished by then...hehe

CEO
Old 11-16-04 | 01:03 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Sucks to be in Italy right now

Philly
Old 11-16-04 | 02:12 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex
Sucks to be in Italy right now

Philly
that ok someone will post pics...when the project is finished...i know you would rather be there..hehe

CEO
Old 11-16-04 | 02:21 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally posted by THE_CEO
yeah we can hold a meet at his shop if he has it finished by then...hehe

CEO

Now that sounds like plan!!

Quick Reply: Another Twin Turbo SC400?