Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 11:55 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto,

I did made a single turbo header for the SC400. The turbo is located near the air box. Its opposite to this setup www.lextreme.com/st.html
Old 11-20-04, 03:44 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Chrisman do you have any more pics?

CEO
Old 11-21-04, 02:15 AM
2jz LEXURY
Driver School Candidate

My garage has just Sucsesfully Fitted a T-98 Turbo on the SC400 one of my mechanics owns yet to dyno will post pics soon sorry if vuage on details but turboing SC400s dont really thrill me. Atm All work on car Engine wise has been in Excess of 22,000 no labour costs just parts but a Working Turbo package will be around 6500 Australian With all custom piping. This SC400 Will Still be no match for my 2jz. But still will have alot of power.
Old 11-21-04, 11:16 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

My garage has just Sucsesfully Fitted a T-98 Turbo on the SC400 one of my mechanics owns yet to dyno will post pics soon sorry if vuage on details but turboing SC400s dont really thrill me. Atm All work on car Engine wise has been in Excess of 22,000 no labour costs just parts but a Working Turbo package will be around 6500 Australian With all custom piping. This SC400 Will Still be no match for my 2jz. But still will have alot of power.
Ok... I need a little bit of clarity / clarification here....

$22K in parts excluding labor for the T-98 set up....

a kit soon to be available that costs aprox $6500 in Australian money... what tha hell is that in American $$$ ???

what does the Australian money kit include?

How come the SC400 can't match the 2jz???

Old 11-21-04, 01:41 PM
chrisman
Driver

hey guys, sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread,..my computer is messed up again..
somebody asked if i have more pics-yes, but there on my laptop and its outta commision right now..
the owner is driving the car around, and i will get him back to the shop- try and get some nice outside pics..
i guess theres kinda always a debate between the 3.0 Inline 6 or the 4.0 V-8..let me see if i can get in some of the action/debate..
everything else being equal, a larger 4.0 liter WILL make MORE power than a 3.0..
its that simple--
there has been alot of development with the 2jz, mostly because toyota never offered the v-8 in a sports car..
the only advantage the 2jz has over the sc400 is the fact that the 6 has a steel block--ALTHOUGH if you ask some guys, a lighter alum block is more "true sports car"..i know the 4.7 truck block is steel..and i guess that would be the block of choice for SERIOUS power..
all this is just my opinion--but i bet if you offered a 4.0 big bore or strocker kit for the 2jz-- guys would be all over it..
in the quest for HP bigger IS better..
Old 11-21-04, 02:07 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

How come the SC400 can't match the 2jz???
I feel you on that one Nazty97.

but turboing SC400s dont really thrill me.
Then why are you reading and posting in this thread? I think I smell Bullshhh!

This SC400 Will Still be no match for my 2jz. But still will have alot of power.
It might not right now but if you have been reading this thread at all bigger is better in terms of power. And I but my SC400 if I was running 52psi or however much boost your running on your 2jz, I bet you'd be seeing nothing but a SC400 badge because you just got your butt handed to you Nothing against jz's but dude shouldnt be bashing a positive thing for us 400/1UZ SC400 guys. God knows we've been waiting for our time to shine. Can I get a "AMEN" SC400 brothers!

Chirsman Im waiting for the photos, Man thanks again for doing what so many before you said was impossible or uneconomical! Sorry man just had to vent some

P.S I know CEO feels me

Philly
Old 11-21-04, 04:06 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex
I

Chirsman Im waiting for the photos, Man thanks again for doing what so many before you said was impossible or uneconomical! Sorry man just had to vent some

Philly
Chrisman may have come a far way, but he still hasn't done what people have said was impossible. No one has yet been able to develop a turbo kit which allows the air conditioner to remain in place. If you read back through the history of FI for sc400's, you will find that almost every shop says it is feasible if they remove the air conditioning. The problem is that no one really wants to lose their AC.
Old 11-21-04, 06:34 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex
I feel you on that one Nazty97.

Then why are you reading and posting in this thread? I think I smell Bullshhh!

It might not right now but if you have been reading this thread at all bigger is better in terms of power. And I but my SC400 if I was running 52psi or however much boost your running on your 2jz, I bet you'd be seeing nothing but a SC400 badge because you just got your butt handed to you Nothing against jz's but dude shouldnt be bashing a positive thing for us 400/1UZ SC400 guys. God knows we've been waiting for our time to shine. Can I get a "AMEN" SC400 brothers!

P.S I know CEO feels me

Philly

AMEN!....Philly you know i got your back!....we have been waiting for this for a long time!...so if we get defensive we have our reasons!...so dont HATE the V8!

CEO
Old 11-21-04, 06:35 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by verylost
Chrisman may have come a far way, but he still hasn't done what people have said was impossible. No one has yet been able to develop a turbo kit which allows the air conditioner to remain in place. If you read back through the history of FI for sc400's, you will find that almost every shop says it is feasible if they remove the air conditioning. The problem is that no one really wants to lose their AC.
i already asked he said he could do it...

CEO
Old 11-21-04, 07:05 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by verylost
My project is designed with the AC STAYING in the car. I am delayed right now because I am awaiting the manufacture of the custom Precision housing for the Garrett Turbo. Sit back and relax guys, it is going to happen...

Ryan
Old 11-22-04, 05:06 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

I think I remember reading in this post where Chrisman said that the AC will stay, And now that SC400T "Ryan" said the ac is here to stay, I think its safe to say we've (SC400 owners) have come a long way. That ryhmed Anyway dont you agree verylost

Philly

I knew you'd have my back CEO
Old 11-22-04, 11:00 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by SC400T
My project is designed with the AC STAYING in the car. I am delayed right now because I am awaiting the manufacture of the custom Precision housing for the Garrett Turbo. Sit back and relax guys, it is going to happen...

Ryan
hey ryan when you get the housing post some pics of it for us...thanks!

CEO
Old 11-22-04, 11:21 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You Bet!!

Ryan
Old 11-22-04, 11:25 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Precision is machine our housing as we speak. We should get it in couple of weeks. This custom housing will be much better than Garrett stock housing.
Old 11-22-04, 12:30 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by Lextreme
Precision is machine our housing as we speak. We should get it in couple of weeks. This custom housing will be much better than Garrett stock housing.
GOD! i love turbo's....

CEO

Quick Reply: Another Twin Turbo SC400?