Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Another Twin Turbo SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-04, 02:04 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex
4.8 4.9 aint bad bt dont go up against quickturbo. Man thats one fast *** SC300T But the other chumps no problems, Normal Dave H Kit you should hand them the buisness.

Philly
ha ha im not looking to go pro! just smoke a few cars everynow and then...

CEO
Old 11-23-04, 02:10 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4.8 and 4.9 should be handing M3 and non Z06 vette's the buisness. And also a whole slew of other guys. And I think on maybe between 6 to 8 psi, correct me if I am wrong lextreme or chrisman or another guru

Philly

Last edited by Philly#1 Lex; 11-23-04 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 02:14 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

4.8 and 4.9 should be handing M3 and none Z06 vette's the buisness. And also a whole slew of other guys. And I think on maybe between 6 to 8 psi, correct me if I am wrong lectreme or chrisman or another guru

Philly
6 to 8 PSI...hmmm..thats not that much....maybe ill go for a 3.9/4.0sec SC400...if the tranny will hold!....but im sure we will have to wait until the final results are in....

CEO
Old 11-23-04, 02:18 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Nobody I know of has tested the AE86( Not sure if thats the tranny code ) with gobs of power. From previous threads people said it might hold (this are just estimates ) 350rwhp-450rwhp without work besides maybe a tranny cooler.

Philly
Old 11-23-04, 02:30 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Nobody I know of has tested the AE86( Not sure if thats the tranny code ) with gobs of power. From previous threads people said it might hold (this are just estimates ) 350rwhp-450rwhp without work besides maybe a tranny cooler.

Philly
i think 450rhp should put me in the 4's...but i wanna be sure...then im thinking of seeing how (maybe) we can do a manual swap...for a good price..(maybe)....then i could just buy another SC..hehe

CEO
Old 11-23-04, 02:38 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

I think well into the 4's with good tire's, LSD, and a few thing minature things. I've been so excited about this, Tired of the gs and aussie guys stealing all the 1UZ glory. I think me and you are both looking at the same power goals in the beginning atleast 450 should put me right where I need to be to scare the hell out all of the ferrari's here in Italy

Philly
Old 11-23-04, 02:42 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

I think well into the 4's with good tire's, LSD, and a few thing minature things. I've been so excited about this, Tired of the gs and aussie guys stealing all the 1UZ glory. I think me and you are both looking at the same power goals in the beginning atleast 450 should put me right where I need to be to scare the hell out all of the ferrari's here in Italy

Philly
yeah the ultimate sleeper!.....no one would ever know what hit them...

CEO
Old 11-23-04, 05:29 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
quick question for you guru's out there. which would you choose? Twins or Single?

i know supra guys go single, but for the V8 application, which is better? im a total newb when it comes to boost. thanks!
Old 11-23-04, 05:42 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Twin or Single is the question:

Here is my take on it.

Twin: Double the cost, double the fun, double the work, double the trouble
Single: Single the cost, single the fun, single the work, single the trouble.

Any question?
Old 11-23-04, 06:41 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by Lextreme
Twin or Single is the question:

Here is my take on it.

Twin: Double the cost, double the fun, double the work, double the trouble
Single: Single the cost, single the fun, single the work, single the trouble.

Any question?
Im seeing double!

CEO
Old 11-23-04, 08:25 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi guys, man this thread is still going strong.. my computer is out again, so i only get on at my girlfriends house..
twin turbos are probably a better way to go for a street driven car--ask mercedes.. 2 smaller turbos that spool quicker would be more useable-- again this is only my opinion.. remember i used 2 toyota mr2 turbos.. thats the ct26-twin entry.. that means that the exhaust housing is split in 2 to keep the velocity high.. also remeber that the mr2 is a 2.0 liter--exactly half of the v8s 4.0---so, if toyota would have made a twin turbo 4.0 liter, they might have used the mr2s ct26..toyota rates the mr2 turbo at 200 hp..so this TT lexus should be good for 400 or more--hopefully anyway..
BUT it does create 2 times the possible problems that can happen.. but also twice the fun?
the car will be back at the shop tomorow night.. the owner got an adjustable fuel press regulator.. so i will feel better about making boost now..so on thursday i will get back to this thread with an idea on how it runs with boost.. i will still keep it down to about 5-6 but if everything goes well, i might try and get him to the track if its still open next week..
by the way, is there any way i can get a small vid or at least a recording on how it sounds online? it sounds great.. anyway talk to you guys later..
Old 11-23-04, 08:36 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by chrisman
hi guys, man this thread is still going strong.. my computer is out again, so i only get on at my girlfriends house..
twin turbos are probably a better way to go for a street driven car--ask mercedes.. 2 smaller turbos that spool quicker would be more useable-- again this is only my opinion.. remember i used 2 toyota mr2 turbos.. thats the ct26-twin entry.. that means that the exhaust housing is split in 2 to keep the velocity high.. also remeber that the mr2 is a 2.0 liter--exactly half of the v8s 4.0---so, if toyota would have made a twin turbo 4.0 liter, they might have used the mr2s ct26..toyota rates the mr2 turbo at 200 hp..so this TT lexus should be good for 400 or more--hopefully anyway..
BUT it does create 2 times the possible problems that can happen.. but also twice the fun?
the car will be back at the shop tomorow night.. the owner got an adjustable fuel press regulator.. so i will feel better about making boost now..so on thursday i will get back to this thread with an idea on how it runs with boost.. i will still keep it down to about 5-6 but if everything goes well, i might try and get him to the track if its still open next week..
by the way, is there any way i can get a small vid or at least a recording on how it sounds online? it sounds great.. anyway talk to you guys later..
good info...so the dual exhaust is included in the 5 to 6k right?.....hehe

CEO

Last edited by THE_CEO; 11-23-04 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 08:55 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, I'd love to have this Turbo Kit.....please update us....
Those SRT-4's and S2K's would be owned~!
Old 11-23-04, 09:32 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SC400Dude
Dude, I'd love to have this Turbo Kit.....please update us....
Those SRT-4's and S2K's would be owned~!
anyone in OC want to step up to the plate? there's an itch that i just can't reach yet....
Old 11-24-04, 10:37 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
anyone in OC want to step up to the plate? there's an itch that i just can't reach yet....
NO! you guys dont need anymore stuff for lexus out there!....we need to spread it to all of the other non-lexus states...hehe!

CEO

Quick Reply: Another Twin Turbo SC400?