Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel Pump Location???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-04 | 04:34 PM
TxLexus
Driver

Default Fuel Pump Location???

Hello CL,

I ve done some searching and I still cant find it. So I have to post.

I cant find the Fuel Pump on a SC400. Plus, I did the jump the fuel pump under the diagnostic cover in the engine bay. Still car is not starting. What does that mean?? bad fuel pump or fuel pump ecu?

I do have sparks.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

C
Old 11-17-04 | 04:46 PM
dinh626
Pole Position

Not sure about your problem, but for my 92 sc4 the fuel filter is located underneath the car on the side (driver's side sorry), closer to the rear. Hope that helps. Take a look and you should see it.
Old 11-17-04 | 04:49 PM
TxLexus
Driver

DINH

Thanks for your input. I know where the fuel filter is. Its the fuel pump that I cant find.
Old 11-17-04 | 04:55 PM
dinh626
Pole Position

oops mis read. my bad.
Old 11-17-04 | 05:02 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

this is irrelevent kinda but does anyone know how much it would cost to relocate my gas tank to the back of my liscense plate?
Old 11-17-04 | 06:27 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default Shades of the old Ford Pinto!

That's a joke, right?

And TxLexus, the fuel pump is inside the fuel tank. You can bypass the ECU and see if that helps- there's info on that if you search.
Old 11-17-04 | 08:15 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by vredniykot
fuel pump is accessible from inside the car, behind the back seat, there is a plate with round lid on it, right behind that plate
hmm i thought it was accessibly through the trunk?

CEO
Old 11-17-04 | 11:50 PM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

trunk is your sending unit
I'm pretty sure its accessible from within the trunk since I unplugged it once to do a fuel filter change and i started the car a few times and it stalled so i know that was the fuel pump and not the sending unit.
Old 11-18-04 | 08:48 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Don't rule out the fuel pump ecu. It s on the drivers side rear below the trim on the window.

Peace,
jonny
Old 11-18-04 | 09:12 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by siaxazn
I'm pretty sure its accessible from within the trunk since I unplugged it once to do a fuel filter change and i started the car a few times and it stalled so i know that was the fuel pump and not the sending unit.
yeah i though it was in the trunk..i even asked my lexus dealer about the fuel filter and the pump and he said that the pump was (pointed) there in the trunk...i think i can hear it working sometimes when its cold outside..

CEO
Old 11-18-04 | 09:39 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

i must have been high when i removed those
the one that's accessible from inside cabin had hoses connected to it, the one from the trunk had just wires on top
its cool man...im almost sure its in the trunk because i can hear it sloshing around inside the when its cold...

CEO
Old 11-18-04 | 10:00 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

that maybe be so but the pump is also in there...

CEO
Old 11-18-04 | 01:34 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

hmmm on my 92 SC400 the pump is accessible from inside the car, behind the rear seats. a plate covers it and it's right behind it. This is 100% accurate info as I did a walbro pump swap with my mechanic on the car.

dennis
Old 11-18-04 | 02:51 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by VSsc400
hmmm on my 92 SC400 the pump is accessible from inside the car, behind the rear seats. a plate covers it and it's right behind it. This is 100% accurate info as I did a walbro pump swap with my mechanic on the car.

dennis

ok i knew the thing was in the tank...thanks D!

CEO
Old 11-18-04 | 04:33 PM
TxLexus
Driver

Gentleman

Thank you for all your effort to help. And posting the pic was definitely very helpful.

The fuel pump is right behind the rear seat. Only acessible by removing the rear seat.

The assembly acessible from the trunk is a sending unit.

Anyways, my car didnt start, because I havent driving it or starting it for nearly a month. I checked for sparks and the fuel pump was running. So after jumping the fuel pump. and give it pumping the pedal a few times. It started, So I think that because it has been sitting so long, the fuel line was clogged up.

Anyways, it s running fine now. just like how its supposed to be. This tells me, I shouldnt neglect my lexus, and let it run every few days. I been driving my bimmer for the last month. Let me tell ya, I miss the lexus ALOT!.

Thanks again guys.

Chris

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Location???