Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

BFI underway... need help with decisions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-04, 03:52 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose if it were done effectively, very well sealed so it didn't just wind up holding the heat that was gradually collected, it would give you some additional timing that otherwise wouldn't be there. Still won't keep the ecu from the retarding during shifts that our cars do.

I've looked at re-locating the MAF to keep it cool, but it's in a pretty good place already.
Old 01-04-05, 04:55 PM
ONe21
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think I'm going to mess with the MAF, that wouldn't end well.

I got another idea for the "ram air" modification that might work well (I'll let you decide). You know that flex pipe stuff that looks like the hose that comes out of the back of a dryer, well I found some 3" rigid flex pipe that might work. You could make it come from the air box and down to the front air dam. I'll have to measure that square cut out in the frame to the right of the head light to see if 3" piping would fit through it. Another concern would be that it wouldn't flow well, because it has ridges.... and that would obviously not flow as well as a flat surface.

I still haven't broken ground, because I want to fully explore my options. I think I may just go with BFI 3, without the egg cups or whatever.