Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

bolt pattern on 1UZ and R154 bellhousing (SC400 auto to 5speed project)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-06, 05:50 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Hundo
This is thread is hope to many. Thanks VSsc400.

Question, i didnt read every single post on 13 pages, but i read alot of them and i didnt see anything mentioned about the rear diff.
Are you using the stock sc400 rear diff?
Does anybody know if there would be any problems with using the stock rear diff?
Does anybody know what the best supra torsen rear end would be with this trans?

I don't think there is any problem with the stock diff. I did however upgrade my rear diff to supra N/A LSD 4.27 gear. This unit bolts up to stock SC400 without any modifications (drop pumpkin add pumpkin) so I imagine you should have no trouble with it.

I'd go with the 4.27 rear since it's the most agressive gearing you can get but you will still have longer 5th gear compared to SC300 (MKIII turbo 5speeds have longer 5th gear ratio due to their rear end being 4.3x or something)
Old 01-05-06, 06:11 AM
xirforever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see, yeah let us know how it goes when you get the car back. As for the master clutch cylinder you said you used the supra 6-speed one. Did that one fit in just as well as a soarer tt one would? I was thinking about finding one of those because it would fit in an SC and it was ment for a R154 tranny, so i cant go wrong. right? or is the master cylinder the same for the sc300 manual and the soarer tt? Not something i would expect many poeple to know, but it cant hurt to ask.
Old 01-09-06, 02:57 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xirforever
I see, yeah let us know how it goes when you get the car back. As for the master clutch cylinder you said you used the supra 6-speed one. Did that one fit in just as well as a soarer tt one would? I was thinking about finding one of those because it would fit in an SC and it was ment for a R154 tranny, so i cant go wrong. right? or is the master cylinder the same for the sc300 manual and the soarer tt? Not something i would expect many poeple to know, but it cant hurt to ask.

you can use the soarer TT one. The SC300 is different from Supra TT and soarer TT from what I understand.
Old 01-09-06, 07:05 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

So both the Soarer TT and the Supra MKIV 6-speed TT are bolt on. Cool thanks, just want to over-clerify so i dont make a mistake
Old 01-09-06, 07:08 PM
stickso
Driver School Candidate

The MkIV TT 6-speed diff is not a bolt in - it's too big and the gearing is too tall unless you also get the 6-speed gearbox. The MkIV TT Auto diff is a bolt in swap though.
Old 01-15-06, 12:09 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stickso
The MkIV TT 6-speed diff is not a bolt in - it's too big and the gearing is too tall unless you also get the 6-speed gearbox. The MkIV TT Auto diff is a bolt in swap though.

the TT 6speed is not bolt on. Only the auto.
Old 01-15-06, 12:14 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant wait to see this!
Old 01-15-06, 03:14 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

So what clutch master cylinder did you use? because i thought you were using the supar 6-speed one?
Old 01-16-06, 04:55 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

So what clutch master cylinder did you use? because i thought you were using the supar 6-speed one?
I am using a master cylinder from the supra 6speed one, but the rear end is from a TT-auto.

you can use any rear end you want really, the master cylinder just fit better and was for the same price a better deal than having to source a soarer TT's since the supra 6 speed one can be had from any dealer.
Old 01-16-06, 05:42 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VSsc400
I am using a master cylinder from the supra 6speed one, but the rear end is from a TT-auto.

you can use any rear end you want really, the master cylinder just fit better and was for the same price a better deal than having to source a soarer TT's since the supra 6 speed one can be had from any dealer.
Cool thanks for the info, going with the 6-speed one then, thanks agian.
Old 01-16-06, 06:51 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Cool thanks for the info, going with the 6-speed one then, thanks agian.

before buying the "minor" components I would consult with the mechanic who is going to do the work for you. He/she may see it differently. Be on the safe side. We discussed either going with the supra/sc300 manual master cyl or the soarer TT master cyl and the supra TT master cyl and finally decided on the supra TT master cyl. It all depends where on the firewall it's going to go.
Old 01-16-06, 07:24 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

I will be doing as much as allowed by the tools i have, and i have a lot. I will be putting the master cylinder where the stock one is on the sc300's as it would align with my clutch pedal. Id like to just drill out the holes drawn on the firewall via lexus (man i love them) for the cylinder and put it there, bolt it up, and be done with it for this portion. I assumed the 6-speed one fit in just like the sc300 one would, or am i wong? what have you guys done if im wrong?
Old 01-18-06, 07:32 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

I will be doing as much as allowed by the tools i have, and i have a lot. I will be putting the master cylinder where the stock one is on the sc300's as it would align with my clutch pedal. Id like to just drill out the holes drawn on the firewall via lexus (man i love them) for the cylinder and put it there, bolt it up, and be done with it for this portion. I assumed the 6-speed one fit in just like the sc300 one would, or am i wong? what have you guys done if im wrong?
I don't want you to have to drill holes where it need not be. I haven't seen my car since it's gone in for surgery and what I am telling you is what my mechanic is telling me over the phone. So just be absolutely sure and if there is any slight doubt consult with your mechanic who will be doing work on the car.
Old 02-26-06, 06:58 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

okay for the last time she'll be ready 1st week of April.

I updated some prices on the first post.

So this is costing me something like $4,000 with parts and i think that's because the mechanic is held to the price he quoted me. Expect the price of the whole conversion to be closer to $5000 with the electronic work to bypass the tranny ECU and all.
Old 02-26-06, 08:12 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VSsc400
okay for the last time she'll be ready 1st week of April.

I updated some prices on the first post.

So this is costing me something like $4,000 with parts and i think that's because the mechanic is held to the price he quoted me. Expect the price of the whole conversion to be closer to $5000 with the electronic work to bypass the tranny ECU and all.
Dennis where have you been man?
How's the Boston life treating you so far?

My car is going to be put in the shop after Winter for body repairs. She'll look beautiful again. I'm hoping to gather some cash over the Summer for some mods. I can't stand stock anymore! We'll have to have a mini-meet when ours cars out of the shop. I gotta see how this whole process has come out.

Quick Reply: bolt pattern on 1UZ and R154 bellhousing (SC400 auto to 5speed project)