Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Soarer with RB26!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-05, 04:53 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im curious to see some data that shows rb's making more than 750whp on stock internals? not trying to flame nor argue here but i though the limits of stock internals on a rb was around 700. you can say the rb comes stock with 6 tb but i notice most high hp rb's run a big single tb. i think its been proven that with higher hp motors...a larger single tb works better than itbs.
Old 02-24-05, 12:58 PM
lalaland
Rookie

have a 1uz and feeling left out

there is no replacement for displacement

definately have to say 1uz is better - be glad to teach you some fizz if otherwise

lala p.eng.
Old 02-24-05, 01:26 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lalaland
have a 1uz and feeling left out

there is no replacement for displacement

definately have to say 1uz is better - be glad to teach you some fizz if otherwise

lala p.eng.
lol
everyone has there own opinion
Old 02-24-05, 01:32 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I love the RB(If it's in a Nissan),but this seriously offends me!! Why the hell would you desecrate the poor Soarer with the heart of the competition? The stock 1JZ and 2JZ both have there advantages over the RB and I certainly see this as a way of selling out. I hope there's no Skyline's running around with 2/1JZs. To me it's just as bad as Civic's wearing BMW/Lexus bumpers....It might look nice but itsure as hell doesn't belong there But the car LOOKS nice.....and it be nicer if the owner had modified his stock engine with big HP.I'm pretty sure they could afford it if they went to great lengths to pull off this clean installation with the wrong engine. Oh well thats my 2 cents!If my engine ever comes out it's going to be replaced by a 2JZ-GTE or something made by Toyota.
Old 02-24-05, 01:51 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robloc93
I love the RB(If it's in a Nissan),but this seriously offends me!! Why the hell would you desecrate the poor Soarer with the heart of the competition? The stock 1JZ and 2JZ both have there advantages over the RB and I certainly see this as a way of selling out. I hope there's no Skyline's running around with 2/1JZs. To me it's just as bad as Civic's wearing BMW/Lexus bumpers....It might look nice but itsure as hell doesn't belong there But the car LOOKS nice.....and it be nicer if the owner had modified his stock engine with big HP.I'm pretty sure they could afford it if they went to great lengths to pull off this clean installation with the wrong engine. Oh well thats my 2 cents!If my engine ever comes out it's going to be replaced by a 2JZ-GTE or something made by Toyota.
there actually are some skylines running around with 2jz's and 1jz's. and maybe the person couldn't have afforded to modify them because rb26's are dirt cheap in japan. i think overall it's a well made car.

i mean...it looks better than most of ours and is probably faster too.
Old 02-24-05, 01:59 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reamemiya
there actually are some skylines running around with 2jz's and 1jz's. and maybe the person couldn't have afforded to modify them because rb26's are dirt cheap in japan. i think overall it's a well made car.

yup
thats what i said
nice car with now a heart of gold lol
Old 02-24-05, 05:15 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by reamemiya

I never said there wasn't any Skylines with 2JZ's,I was just stating that why would you put a great engine from another make into a vehicle that has as much if not more potential already. I agree it's well made and installed clean and professionally but the fact that Nissan is Toyota's competition makes me fell like theperson sold out to Nissan.I believe in engine swaps but from the same manufacturer.I agree 100% that the car looks awesome...I never doubted that, but it bothers me.I respect the people who like the car am I'm not flaming anyone but it's just not my taste.
Old 02-25-05, 06:08 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

why would you put a great engine from another make into a vehicle that has as much if not more potential already
Because if this car had a 500hp 2JZ, we wouldn't be talking about it.
Old 02-25-05, 12:46 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Because if this car had a 500hp 2JZ, we wouldn't be talking about it.
But at least it would be loyal to its maker
Old 02-25-05, 02:12 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

but it is not the cars fault lol
Old 02-25-05, 05:55 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

so does that mean since i have a lexus i can't get a benz?

loyalty shouldn't be to the maker, but to thekind. like real sports car themselves.
Old 02-27-05, 12:52 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Its all about what u wanna do. I would love to buy 240sx coupe do a skyline body conversion and put a 2jz in it. Hows that? As far as rb vs 2jz, who cares. You can say if RB had more support in the states they would more popular, but in Japan there are Skylines with VQ motors. So is the vq better than the rb, well there is a 350z with an sr20, oh so thats the best BUT the put RBs in silvias/240s. Who cares?
Old 02-27-05, 03:54 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JustinDD91
Its all about what u wanna do. I would love to buy 240sx coupe do a skyline body conversion and put a 2jz in it. Hows that? As far as rb vs 2jz, who cares. You can say if RB had more support in the states they would more popular, but in Japan there are Skylines with VQ motors. So is the vq better than the rb, well there is a 350z with an sr20, oh so thats the best BUT the put RBs in silvias/240s. Who cares?
i think what he meant was two car companies that are competeing against each other so in this case toyota vs. nissan.

i know this is a different senario, but what about the rx7 (FD) vs. vettes/camero's. is it wrong for a rx7 to have an ls1? i think that's pretty retarded, but it's really unique and POWERFUL and if you saw the car or rode it in person you'll be vouching for it.

if you knew the owner of this vehicle and took a little ride in the car i'm sure you'll be here saying how badass the car is.

i have been in a skyline i have driven a skyline. this car isn't a skyline, but has the heart on one. if this car is half the car a skyline is (which i'm sure it is if not more) i give it a

but...damn i really wish the owner was a chick
Old 02-27-05, 10:36 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

all i have to say is that that car is amazing, and that 2jz fans will always say the 2jz is best and rb fans will always say that its best, niether side will switch, both are excellent engines, and both can reach the same astronomical power levels, im a huge fan of both, however the rb has a wider power band, oh and those rims are volk le37's the polished lip is a dead giveaway

Last edited by FortuneLS; 02-27-05 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-27-05, 10:58 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those are TE's.... the lip is just shiny

Quick Reply: Soarer with RB26!!