Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Soarer with RB26!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-05, 11:58 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
all i have to say is that that car is amazing, and that 2jz fans will always say the 2jz is best and rb fans will always say that its best, niether side will switch, both are excellent engines, and both can reach the same astronomical power levels, im a huge fan of both, however the rb has a wider power band, oh and those rims are volk le37's the polished lip is a dead giveaway
i agree !!!!
Old 02-28-05, 10:35 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ummagawd
those are TE's.... the lip is just shiny
youre right, after looking at the photos closer they are in fact te37s, it looks like it has 18's up front and 19's in the rear, because the rear spokes taper in a little, and as someone pointed out earlier only 19s do that. the lighting threw me off a bit and made me think they had a polished lip, which only le37's have

Last edited by FortuneLS; 02-28-05 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-10-05, 04:08 PM
Nitekids
Rookie

Originally Posted by guessd
Wow, why would you put a ****tier motor in as a replacement for a good motor?
Your BFE Minnesota Ignorance tottally shines through
Old 03-10-05, 04:39 PM
V8RWDHP
Driver

Whatever man. Yeah because Minnesotans are all ignorant and Californians are all rich yuppy slime or gang members, right. How in this day and age can anyone be that ig'nant. Dude why even make that statement. Real productive. Grow up. NiteKIDS is an accurate description I bet. It looks to me like the guy has built a pretty mean car in the past so how ignorant is he really? Or does he just have an opinion like everyone else?

Last edited by V8RWDHP; 03-10-05 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-10-05, 05:48 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V8RWDHP
Whatever man. Yeah because Minnesotans are all ignorant and Californians are all rich yuppy slime or gang members, right. How in this day and age can anyone be that ig'nant. Dude why even make that statement. Real productive. Grow up. NiteKIDS is an accurate description I bet. It looks to me like the guy has built a pretty mean car in the past so how ignorant is he really? Or does he just have an opinion like everyone else?
Like you seem that much more mature. save yourself the hassle if someone says something stupid dont even dignify it with a response.

lets stay on topic.

1/2 love the car
1/2 disapprove of the rb idea. any updates on this car?
it's crazy how they could fit in a v-mount. wish we could do the same, but no room in our cars
Old 03-10-05, 09:20 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*sigh* that's been my dream ever since i first even thought about getting the SC i have now....

V-mounts are gangster!!

well from the looks of that pic... it looks like they cut the radiator support to fit it in there
Old 03-11-05, 01:05 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

they have to cut the radiator support to v-mount any car, either that or move the whole engine and trannny back a few inches, or both, lots of custom welding, cutting, and mounting is done to v-mount cars. the hood is probably held down by hood pins because v-mount set ups almost always involve removing the hood latch, there is enough room to do it with a 2jz if theres enough room to do it with an rb, you don't have to use such a large intercooler core either, then it will fit better, and less custom work will need to be done
Old 03-11-05, 01:13 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

also i have noticed something else about this car that is totally custom, it appears as though the strut brace is abnormally large and acts as a custom oil catch tank, if you look you can see 4 hoses that run in and out of the bar, 2 in the front on each side, and 2 coming out of the rear on either side and connecting to the valve cover

Last edited by FortuneLS; 03-11-05 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-12-05, 01:00 AM
gowest
Driver

I own Cedric with RB26Dett with 5 speed, after drove it for a year I felt that hop-up part for RB26 is more expensive and feel that engine creat less torque at lower rpm when compare to 1JZ and 2JZ engine.

Put Nissan engine in Toyota is like puting Ford engine in Chevy, it just doesn't sound right. Unless you have extra RB26 in your garage I think that 2JZ is much better choice..
Old 03-12-05, 01:24 AM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gowest
I own Cedric with RB26Dett with 5 speed, after drove it for a year I felt that hop-up part for RB26 is more expensive and feel that engine creat less torque at lower rpm when compare to 1JZ and 2JZ engine.

Put Nissan engine in Toyota is like puting Ford engine in Chevy, it just doesn't sound right. Unless you have extra RB26 in your garage I think that 2JZ is much better choice..
i disagree with you
but everyone has there own opinion
Old 03-12-05, 10:19 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

i don't disagree with you, but yes it's a matter of opinion.

2nd i don't know what's so bad about putting a ford engine in a chevy(is it like wrong because hardcore chevy guys hate ford guy?..and vis versa) if it is i think that's stupid because a nice car that deserves praise deserves praise.

3rd... i like your cars (not the ford though)
Old 03-12-05, 07:19 PM
gowest
Driver

Originally Posted by reamemiya
i don't disagree with you, but yes it's a matter of opinion.

2nd i don't know what's so bad about putting a ford engine in a chevy(is it like wrong because hardcore chevy guys hate ford guy?..and vis versa) if it is i think that's stupid because a nice car that deserves praise deserves praise.

3rd... i like your cars (not the ford though)

I said that cause I have 1JZ-GTE in my Ford. and some Ford guy call my engine a weed whacker.

I agree with you.
Old 03-12-05, 09:36 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

I said that cause I have 1JZ-GTE in my Ford. and some Ford guy call my engine a weed whacker.

I agree with you.
hahah so you would be like this guy with the rb26 powered soarer. you wouldn't like people calling you stupid and asking why you did that all day long, would you?

acutally i think you have a lot of ***** and love your work

lets see some ls7's in some sc300's!!! JK JK JK
Old 03-13-05, 12:32 AM
Sil.n.Ex
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys! First post here. I don't know why nobody has mentioned it yet, but the reason why whoever owns that soarer didn't consider a 1jz swap is because it comes with that engine in japan! Just wanted to point that out, but I'm sure many of you already know that already . Considering this standpoint it's quite easy to understand why the rb26 was considered. I'm sure an rb26 into a soarer is just as abundant as the 2jz/1jz into an sc300.
Old 04-09-05, 01:12 AM
NuttySC
Driver School Candidate

Quick Reply: Soarer with RB26!!