Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Soarer with RB26!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-05, 04:24 AM
bean_8044
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Those pictures were pretty good. Im going to miss this place when i leave...Luckily the JPs around where i live are pretty lax and dont waste their time with illegal car mods
Old 04-16-05, 03:51 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reamemiya

okay..here's the point and case then... what sc/soarer can give the GTR a challenge? track, road, highway?
dont make me whoop out the freedom of information on you

the SC is a supra with extended chassis, thus is handles high speed cornering even better... and the supra is NOTHING to sneeze at...
the level at which they can perform, it will come down to the driver on a roadcourse... end of discussion...
stock vs stock? different story; but you never mentioned that...

as for the highway... there's way more faster Supras (SC300 is the same thing) in the world than Skylines, I dont care what Japanese Option movies you watch...

I love the Skyline, and its a badass car... but I dont think it needs to be worshipped... the 2jz IMO is a superior motor if not JUST for displacement difference, then also for how successfully it makes BIG power...

go look at supraforums and checkout how many 700whp+ Supras are on there... can't do it that easy with a Skyline (and it won't have near the same powerband)

both cars are great... i dunno why this turned into a bashing thread for either car

Last edited by Bean; 04-16-05 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-16-05, 04:10 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bean
dont make me whoop out the freedom of information on you

the SC is a supra with extended chassis, thus is handles high speed cornering even better... and the supra is NOTHING to sneeze at...
the level at which they can perform, it will come down to the driver on a roadcourse... end of discussion...
stock vs stock? different story; but you never mentioned that...

as for the highway... there's way more faster Supras (SC300 is the same thing) in the world than Skylines, I dont care what Japanese Option movies you watch...

I love the Skyline, and its a badass car... but I dont think it needs to be worshipped... the 2jz IMO is a superior motor if not JUST for displacement difference, then also for how successfully it makes BIG power...

go look at supraforums and checkout how many 700whp+ Supras are on there... can't do it that easy with a Skyline (and it won't have near the same powerband)

both cars are great... i dunno why this turned into a bashing thread for either car
hahahah =)
rarely watch option....

hahahah.... that just makes me laugh...it's okay because i used to think the same thing.

supra and sc obviously aren't the same car...maybe a NA supra and sc300...

i can't even dignify your remarks.
Old 04-16-05, 07:25 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
somewhere down the line a thread about a soarer with an rb26 swap got turned into a skyline vs. supra thread, and im not worshipping the gt-r, im just saying that a stock sz vs.stock gt-r, the gt-r is a better all around car, it outperforms the supra in almost every way. facts are facts
YEah, of course the GT-R is gonna be better than the Supra SZ-R... the SZ-R is no turbo

Give me a Supra RZ anyday over a Skyline though, anyday.
Old 04-17-05, 09:32 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i meant rz, for some reason i kept putting sz, i dont know why, but the skyline gt-r is still better all around car than the supra rz, stock vs. stock
Old 04-17-05, 12:22 PM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

Why dont all of you kids stop arguing, an just post up the stats, on both of , the motors an the cars . I personally dont have time to search or i would do it my self, just post up the facts, then theyll do the talking for them selves!!
Old 04-17-05, 03:53 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MyScRuNmIa
Why dont all of you kids stop arguing, an just post up the stats, on both of , the motors an the cars . I personally dont have time to search or i would do it my self, just post up the facts, then theyll do the talking for them selves!!
i may be a kid compared to you, but atleast i read and write above the 5th grade level unlike someone (hope i dont get banned for this remark )
Old 02-05-09, 04:25 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttySC

Sick Sick Sick Engine Bay
Old 02-05-09, 08:49 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smokey Nagata had a RB in his supra. I think the key would be aerodynamics. The supra is much more fluid than a skyline is. I think it's a rather good swap, considering that the RB26 has a lot more technology into it.

However, the JZ in my opinion is it has more displacement. But something about ITB (rb26) turbo has a nice tingle to it.

I think the cost per HP i would go JZ. Again this is just my FRIENDLY opinion.
Old 02-06-09, 07:14 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

Its nice and all I just Dont like The Idea I meen I just dont see Any Advantage in converting over to an rb26, isnt the 2jz alot stronger anyways?
Old 02-06-09, 07:27 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=reamemiya;1148491][QUOTE=bean_8044]
the rb26 is one of the strongest well built motor ever made with more head flow
than the 2jz .

Who says?
There are just as many rb26 out there making 900+ hp on stock heads.
I think you can actually do more with an rb26 because of more air
and higher reving. Just because the rb26 has a lower displacement
doesn't mean it's weaker. But they both are powerful powerplants
and this has been debated over and over and over again still with
solid answer as to which engine is better. There really is no
loser with a 2jz or RB unless it's a 2jz-ge
JK!

And any car that's treated properly and tuned right can last just as long.
Have a few friends with skyline, Rb26 is defiantly weaker than 2jz, it's not about making 800hp, but making 800hp and run it daily that counts, and if you want to talk about built engines, the 2j will pump out high hp all day long. Bottom line is... 2jz is a better engine, but skyline is a better car because of many other things.

Last edited by FormosaSC; 02-06-09 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-06-09, 07:43 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

actually it puts out more that an na-t with better performance..

second...what a typical die hard supra guy

when will this skyline vs. supra fued end?!?! (skylines own supras =X)

just my 2 cents
What a die hard skyline guy, you're in the wrong forum dude.

And coming from a guy who's driven many skylines, skylines are really overrated, just look at Canada, no one really wants one anymore, not even for half of what people want here in the USA, don't believe me? go on craigslist Vancouver and check yourself.

I've also driven 2 240sx and i found out that when it comes to real power, people favor the 2jz, why is that? I recently saw a 240sx on eBay with 1600hp that is capable of going 0-100mph in less than what a lambo can do in 0-60. The engine is built of course, but I would honestly like to see a skyline built motor running with the 2jz built motor.

Bottom line, i think you need to get your stuff straight, what are you comparing here? The engine? The car? I think skyline is a better car because it is more balanced, it's more fun to drive and turn, not to mention it is awd on the GTR and some other thing, but in no way i believe is the ENGINE better.

And i think almost everyone that has driven the 2 engines here agrees with this, BLK13X , other guys from japan and me who has friends in canada that has the car... which reminds me... how many skylines have you driven reamemiya??
Old 03-23-11, 06:38 AM
SouthRida
Driver School Candidate

I would put a rb25 in my sc300. I give praise to the owner that had the rb26 cause they went outside the box and did it.
Old 03-23-11, 07:16 AM
trini_sc4
Rookie

Nice conversion
Old 03-23-11, 03:41 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Wow Niice thread Ive actually never seen that conversion in this car before. That valve cover is painted crazy never seen that before eaither haha

So what do we call it a Soarline?

Quick Reply: Soarer with RB26!!