Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TT SC400 race results..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 12:25 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hollywood
Can u post your mod list?
Check the other v8 TT thread.
Old 01-05-05, 08:41 AM
chrisman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres the list of mods--
1...twin turbo system--using 2 toyota ct26 turbos from an mr2-kept at 7-8 psi max
those are the small ones with the split entry
2...three inch dual exhaust all the way back
3.. adjustable fuel pressure regulator..

oh yea,
4..determination..
Old 01-05-05, 09:56 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisman
heres the list of mods--
1...twin turbo system--using 2 toyota ct26 turbos from an mr2-kept at 7-8 psi max
those are the small ones with the split entry
2...three inch dual exhaust all the way back
3.. adjustable fuel pressure regulator..

oh yea,
4..determination..

LOL number 4 is still the best!

CEO
Old 01-05-05, 11:48 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

a new torque converter and lsd should put this car into the low 13's, thats c5 vette beating power!, and thats all i ask for, to be able to beat corvettes! i dont know why, but i just hate those big pieces of tupperware, dang plastic cars!
Old 01-06-05, 07:42 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
a new torque converter and lsd should put this car into the low 13's, thats c5 vette beating power!, and thats all i ask for, to be able to beat corvettes! i dont know why, but i just hate those big pieces of tupperware, dang plastic cars!
i agree i just want a mid 4sec 0 to 60 time and a low 12sec 1/4 mile time... i also wanna kill some corvettes...

CEO
Old 01-06-05, 08:49 AM
chrisman
Driver

" i just hate those big pieces of tupperware, dang plastic cars!" thats great ha,ha.. .
low 12s-- that would be difficult without adding boost..but the best thing about turbos is the ability to turn up the boost..i would not attempt that until i get large amounts of extra fuel in the cylinders..
but after getting some real world numbers-- a can say i do expect hi 12s with this car with the new torque converter, and a liitle more fuel.. i did want to try adding extra fuel with the cold start injector at WOT-- it would be easy to do, a simple circuit.. but the cold start does not add a large amount of fuel.. i had done a search and did get an idea of fuel flow.. i think it would add about 5% more fuel at WOT..but annything would help..
so i think the maximum expected performance from this setup the way it is now--without any mods to the engine or ignition or fuel injection- but with the addition of a torque converter and a shift kit--would be low 13s, high 12s..
now i guess i got to prove it..-doh!!
we just had a foot of snow yesterday-- i know bob is still driving it everyday, but getting back to an open race track cant happen for months.. so i guess i well have to stick to bench racing.
Old 01-06-05, 12:07 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy

chrisman, i know what you mean about the snow, as i am you neighbor to the west. here in des moines we got just a little over a foot over the past 2 days, good thing you guys had the time to go to thetrack when you did, i dont know if all us v-8 FI enthusiasts could have handle waiting for those numbers for a few more months! snow... its just so depressing...
Old 01-06-05, 12:13 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
chrisman, i know what you mean about the snow, as i am you neighbor to the west. here in des moines we got just a little over a foot over the past 2 days, good thing you guys had the time to go to thetrack when you did, i dont know if all us v-8 FI enthusiasts could have handle waiting for those numbers for a few more months! snow... its just so depressing...

As your neighboor to the east I agree...get some numbers...hehe

CEO
Old 01-06-05, 06:07 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Snow to my TT SC400
is like
Kryponite to Superman.
Old 01-07-05, 08:29 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rdm20fan
Snow to my TT SC400
is like
Kryponite to Superman.
I hope one day i will feel your pain!

CEO
Old 01-07-05, 06:33 PM
chrisman
Driver

ha,ha!! : i told you guys --bob thinks hes supeerman.. or at least drives like hes superman..
Old 01-07-05, 06:45 PM
Grimm333
Driver School Candidate

Your trap speed jumped 20mph!!! Awesome!!! You might be able to get a lower time with better weather/air conditions...

My M3 did 13.1 @ 106 stock
Old 01-07-05, 07:04 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi grimm, that m3 sounds nice--its in il? and yea, 20 mph is a big jump in mph-- but getting the et down to where it belongs is hopefully a matter of the trans.. im working on it..
Old 01-09-05, 09:21 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrisman
hi grimm, that m3 sounds nice--its in il? and yea, 20 mph is a big jump in mph-- but getting the et down to where it belongs is hopefully a matter of the trans.. im working on it..
when you rebuild the trans what exactly are you going to do?...cause im thinking if i bring my car there ill just have you do everything all at once...hence thats why im waiting...

CEO
Old 01-09-05, 10:50 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi ceo, a shift kit is basicaly it for the trans besides the converter..ive been trying to get as much info as i can about the trans, online and off.. i did find info on making the trans shift harder, and making it last longer..this trans was made not by toyota, but by another comp form japan.. they were also used in jeeps-beleive it or not, and volvos.. although the 5 speed or even 6 speed would be nice-and extremely durable--the automatic should be fine for around 500 ft lbs torque. for anything over 500 ft lbs- id say go to a domestic race trans.. but i like keeping it simple, and a good strong rebuild + converter should hold up well..

Quick Reply: TT SC400 race results..