Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TT SC400 race results..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-05, 09:23 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
a new torque converter and lsd should put this car into the low 13's, thats c5 vette beating power!, and thats all i ask for, to be able to beat corvettes! i dont know why, but i just hate those big pieces of tupperware, dang plastic cars!

My thoughts exactly!!!! I'd love to hang a new license plate on the SC, "VettKlr", and be able to really back it up!!!!

Chrisman, you continue to amaze me!!! Yours and Bob's determination in this project has been nothing short of inspiring!!! I'm sure a few people will track you down and beg you to work on their cars (myself included in that list!!) but I'll bet we'll start seeing more people attempting their own turbo projects for the 1UZ!!
Also, gotta give it up for Lextreme and SC400T who also have been doing their own V8 Turbo projects as well!!
Old 01-10-05, 10:49 AM
chrisman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks.. i hope if i have done anything, its show that the sc400 is as capable of being a great sports car as much as any other car.. and i even think, because of the extra displacement as opposed to the 3.0, is as capable of becoming a great street performer at low levels of boost/modifications
..of course being an expensive auto from the onset, its been rare to see any modifications at all.. but now that the cost of buying the car has become reasonable, i hope alot of regular guys can enjoy the quality of these luxury-sports cars..i think everyone who has driven a Lexus has been impressed with the car- its time to make other cars respect the abilities of All Lexus Autos.. i know Bob is doing his part suprising other makes/cars--on the street or at the track..
i hope this is just the begining of my experiences with the v8s..
i have decided to put together a shop car of sorts so i can develop parts..a kind of a test bed for modifying the V8.. i have a rear wheel drive corrola at the shop, --soon i hope it will be stuffedwith a twin turbo 4.0..with a factory automatic.. it will be alot easier for me to find the limits of what the motor and trans can handle with a shop car dedicated to it.. i should be starting on this car soon--and i will post pics at this site but in a different forum.. i think there is a swap forum.. il keep you guys up on how its coming, but by the spring, it should be driving around the chicago area--it will be street legal..

Last edited by chrisman; 01-10-05 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-10-05, 11:25 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

i have a rear wheel drive corrola at the shop, --soon i hope it will be stuffedwith a twin turbo 4.0..with a factory automatic..
That sounds like a helluva project. Take pics and keep us updated.
Old 01-14-05, 05:29 PM
Grimm333
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chrisman
hi grimm, that m3 sounds nice--its in il? and yea, 20 mph is a big jump in mph-- but getting the et down to where it belongs is hopefully a matter of the trans.. im working on it..

Hey man,

I'd love to see your car one of these days...in the future i plan on doing a 2jze swap with a 6MT and rebuild the engine. Single turbo conversion...but until then...i will follow your project

Yeah the M3 is in IL...its in storage right now but i am going down tomorrow to have some fun...if you would like to come, send me a PM you are welcome to come with. A few of us are going down there to take some more pics/vids and grabbing a bite to eat at downtown. We will prolly go in afternoon...at 12pm i got an appointment to go check out the Audi S4 so after I am down we are getting ready to go check it out... It's a one of a kind M3 in the world...
Old 01-14-05, 06:43 PM
chrisman
Driver

thanks for the invite grim,, its cold as &*$% round here.. i hope you guys dont freeze to death. downtown... but i gotta work sat..all of those cars sound awesome..
i will keep ClubLexus guys infod on the LEX-Rolla.. being alot lighter , the car should boggie.. And i do need a shop car cause i am in the process of developing some toyota V-8 parts..
Old 01-14-05, 06:54 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

all those people that sold their 400's for 300's...... selling their 300's for 400's
Old 01-14-05, 07:27 PM
Grimm333
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the invite grim,, its cold as &*$% round here.. i hope you guys dont freeze to death. downtown... but i gotta work sat..all of those cars sound awesome..
i will keep ClubLexus guys infod on the LEX-Rolla.. being alot lighter , the car should boggie.. And i do need a shop car cause i am in the process of developing some toyota V-8 parts..

Awesome!!! How much does your car weigh now?
Old 01-14-05, 11:23 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Where are the pictures? This system is very interesting as I am planning on using the CT26 as well on my LS.

How did you package it? I was gonna copy Lextreme's low mount turbo setup but if I could see yours that would be pretty cool.
Old 01-15-05, 08:51 AM
chrisman
Driver

hi Pagong, there are pics of this car(Lexus) in another thread in this forum--"another twin turbo sc400?" its a long thread--but its interesting enough. . Grimm had asked how much the LEX-Rolla weighs?--im pretty sure the lexus sc400 weighs with driver close to 3900-maybe more.. the LEX-Rolla should weigh when done around 2600-2700 with driver..just from using the same tt v-8 as it is now( about 440 hp)-shoulld have the Lex-Rolla running low 11s,, high tens..--I HOPE anyway..
Old 01-15-05, 03:50 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris, how in the world do you plan on dropping over 1000 lbs??
I need to lighten mine up, but still want to retain some of the factory ride quality.

hi Pagong, there are pics of this car(Lexus) in another thread in this forum--"another twin turbo sc400?" its a long thread--but its interesting enough. . Grimm had asked how much the LEX-Rolla weighs?--im pretty sure the lexus sc400 weighs with driver close to 3900-maybe more.. the LEX-Rolla should weigh when done around 2600-2700 with driver..just from using the same tt v-8 as it is now( about 440 hp)-shoulld have the Lex-Rolla running low 11s,, high tens..--I HOPE anyway..
Old 01-15-05, 05:40 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I know about those mid-west winters, you could spill a soda on the car floor, and not thaw out until next spring.
I always tought that an eighties Toyota van, the mid-engined ones, would make a fun swap for a Lexus V8, move the engine back further with a huge opening in the floor so you could just sit inside and work on it, with an electric heater in the winter!
What year is the Rolla?
Old 01-15-05, 08:12 PM
chrisman
Driver

quickturbo--i was talking about a 1987 rear wheel drive corrolla that i have at the shop..i am planing on instaling the 4.0 into that.. i already have an engine, and trans.. i also have an older ford rear end sitting around that i will need to make a housing for..
if i knew how to take 1000+lbs out of an sc400 and maintain the cars character, id be working for TRD-- i guess you could gut the car, take out every option/luxury..has anybody figured out what the car weighs --striped down?
scv8-- the van idea would be---different..you would need alot of spare time and alot of spare money.. and i know what you mean about the soda.. i remember soda cans freezing and poping open, or balloning
Old 01-15-05, 09:23 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

quickturbo--i was talking about a 1987 rear wheel drive corrolla that i have at the shop..i am planing on instaling the 4.0 into that.. i already have an engine, and trans.. i also have an older ford rear end sitting around that i will need to make a housing for..
if i knew how to take 1000+lbs out of an sc400 and maintain the cars character, id be working for TRD-- i guess you could gut the car, take out every option/luxury..has anybody figured out what the car weighs --striped down?
Guess I should have read the entire posts that makes a bit more sense
I just want to get rid of a couple hundred pounds my SC, plus I now have to make up for the addition of my cage. At the track, I'll only be using one race seat , so that should help.
Old 01-16-05, 02:16 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scv8-- the van idea would be---different..you would need alot of spare time and alot of spare money.. and i know what you mean about the soda.. i remember soda cans freezing and poping open, or balloning
You should keep us posted on the corolla V8 project also!!
Old 01-16-05, 09:08 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by quikturbo
Guess I should have read the entire posts that makes a bit more sense
I just want to get rid of a couple hundred pounds my SC, plus I now have to make up for the addition of my cage. At the track, I'll only be using one race seat , so that should help.
or you can add alot more HP to compensate for the extra weight...aka the turbo's...hehe..and not give up any luxury..

CEO

Quick Reply: TT SC400 race results..