Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TT SC400 race results..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 11:37 AM
Grimm333
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisman
hi Pagong, there are pics of this car(Lexus) in another thread in this forum--"another twin turbo sc400?" its a long thread--but its interesting enough. . Grimm had asked how much the LEX-Rolla weighs?--im pretty sure the lexus sc400 weighs with driver close to 3900-maybe more.. the LEX-Rolla should weigh when done around 2600-2700 with driver..just from using the same tt v-8 as it is now( about 440 hp)-shoulld have the Lex-Rolla running low 11s,, high tens..--I HOPE anyway..

wow...now that a very nice weight. My 300 is stock so there isn't much there and my M3 just dropped under 3000lbs with driver....i wish i could go 2600-2700!!! Need to remove all the padding now
Old 01-18-05, 10:52 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi grim,, thats gotta be one of the lightest m3s ever..
the corolla thats getting the v8--maybe light, but its not very supercar lookin.. as a matter of fact--its plain jane..as long as i wont be getting pulled over all the time,, il be happy..
Old 01-19-05, 11:42 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quikturbo
Guess I should have read the entire posts that makes a bit more sense
I just want to get rid of a couple hundred pounds my SC, plus I now have to make up for the addition of my cage. At the track, I'll only be using one race seat , so that should help.
Chris, I'm still trying to figure out how to ADD a couple hundred pounds to your car.

I'm gonna tie my weight bench to your rear bumper.

or better yet, I can just tie my 400 to your 300.
Old 01-19-05, 10:10 PM
chrisman
Driver

LOL!! rdm is right-- at least drive around with 2 extra pistons and rods in the trunk..
Old 01-20-05, 12:33 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

not a chance guys
Old 01-22-05, 05:52 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Talking

LOL!! rdm is right-- at least drive around with 2 extra pistons and rods in the trunk..
A couple of valves & Springs, 2 spark plugs, an extra head, a boat ancor, 3 bags of concrete, a small Honda. You know nothing crazy, just enough to make it fair!
Old 01-26-05, 04:48 PM
lex1997
Driver

Hi guys , I haven't posted for a long time here on CL , but recently I was driving around Harlem and 63th here in Chicago and spotted this 92' sc300 5spd. "cheap but not best condition"
I've had sc300's and sc400's before but never a stick this was the reason a always sold them,
but as I see I should've kept my sc400 , I would never believe that anyone will come up with the TT kit for an sc400.

Hey Chrisman can I ever come look at your car with TT's installed in it?
Hey Grimm did you get that S4 or not, I think 2001 had bettter oil lines than in 2000.
I wanted to get one "s4" but two turbochargers and if they go bad you have to pull the whole engine hmm. not me + $$$$.
Right now I'm driving an Audi UrS4 93' 5 cyl turbo and thinking of this sc300 5spd.

Ok guys I just wanted to say Hi.

Grimm I see your M3 is quite fast , if you ever wanna race an old car like mine let me know I would like to see the outcome. M3 vs. UrS4 "4000LBS" Just kidding... but you never know..

Keep up good work with TT SC400...
Old 01-26-05, 10:35 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi lex1997, your right in the area.. im sure bob would not mind showing you the car, or taking you for a ride in it.. he does drive the car everyday.. but he does have a job, so it would have to be when hes got off from work.. we went to the last local meet-- im not sure when the next one is.. il do some diggin and check..
Old 02-04-05, 06:21 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

hey hey whats the latest on this project dont keep us in the dark its been a WEEK!

CEO
Old 02-04-05, 11:48 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi, im in the middle of putting together a trans for rdms car.. i really want to get that thing to shift better, and i want to change the converter also.. i havent rebuil a trans for a long time-- so iv been going slowly and carefully..
i should have it in this sunday.. rdm is gonna give me a hand swapping it out for the trans he has now.. the stall speed is raised to 2400 rpm, and im upgrading whatever i can in the trans,, i even had to buy some friction discs that didnt quite fit, so i ended up trimming down the diameter..
its been real difficult getting specifics on how to upgrade the trans+ shifts--but i think it'l be fine.. i repalced all of the steels with special kolene plates and used raybestos blue friction discs throughout..i also replaced 1 sprag.. now the valve body mods? well, il have to wait and see how that turns out.. i dont want an uncomfortably hard shift, but deffinately firm..
anyway, well see.. i hope for better ets at the track, and the trans was the next step..
12s may be wishfull thinking, but you never know.. with a little more mph, and alot more of an agressive trans--it may just happen..il let you guys know by monday..
Old 02-05-05, 06:32 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

12's it what I'm talking about. If I recall rdm car is making like 450@ the crank right? he should be in the 12's. Correct me if I am wrong and he did put the LSD in now right
Old 02-05-05, 08:19 AM
chrisman
Driver

i had figured the engine is at 440 hp right now..--knock on wood, but the engine hasnt complained one bit yet.. he hasnt been posting to much, but i hear different kill stories almost every day.. the only race he has lost is to a modded c5 vette that runs a little better mph than he does.. it has run 111 mph.. and when they were racing, everytime bobs car would shift, the vette would pull 1/2 length.. that car is one of the reasons the trans is getting done right now..
i have not had a chance to get the lsd in..truthfully, there has not been the need yet.. maybe that will change after the bettter trans gets installed..--if it even works at all.. i dont know if any of you guys ever took an automatic trans apart--but the joke at the shop was..--"its kinda like a big japanese jigsaw puzzle"..

Last edited by chrisman; 02-05-05 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-06-05, 06:20 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

i had figured the engine is at 440 hp right now..--knock on wood, but the engine hasnt complained one bit yet.. he hasnt been posting to much, but i hear different kill stories almost every day.. the only race he has lost is to a modded c5 vette that runs a little better mph than he does.. it has run 111 mph.. and when they were racing, everytime bobs car would shift, the vette would pull 1/2 length.. that car is one of the reasons the trans is getting done right now..
i have not had a chance to get the lsd in..truthfully, there has not been the need yet.. maybe that will change after the bettter trans gets installed..--if it even works at all.. i dont know if any of you guys ever took an automatic trans apart--but the joke at the shop was..--"its kinda like a big japanese jigsaw puzzle"..
Excellent...now i just need to keep my A/C and make sure that the trans rebuild is gonna hold up!...hehe

CEO
Old 02-06-05, 10:02 PM
chrisman
Driver

well, the trans seems to be fine.. we didnt finish till 9:00, but at least its in and running.. everything seems fine so far.. like i said, its been a while since ive gone thru an automatic.. manuals make sense-- but automatics look intimidating when you open one up..
its wet and raining tonight, so we cant get on it yet--BUT, the part throttle shifts are good.. firm, but not harsh.. you can deffinately feel each shift.. and when it shifts, it shifts real quickly--theres no lag..
one other thing i noticed is that when engaging from park to drive, you can feel it.. thats alot different..
it s wierd to feel the shifts for a change..
monday, if its dry, well go for some full throttle drives.. and, see how the stall speed is feeling...
i would like this car to be ready for the track when it opens-- but theres not to much more to do--OR IS THERE..
Old 02-07-05, 02:50 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Can I ask why didnt you try the shift kit from australia? Or did you basically want to ceate your own trans and make your own shift kit. I am debating whether or not to do a shift kit or wait until VSc400 finishes his manual tranny swap and see if it is better or more economical? I might just get the shift kit though, for $375 or so. I am preping to go Turbo. Suspension is being worked and engine being tweaked. I will have to give you a call seeing that I am so far away that I will have to do the work myself.

Quick Reply: TT SC400 race results..